Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workers Comp Round 2
Once again, I have been placed in work comp hell. Only this time, it has started from the git go.

Back on the 6th of February, I started getting a pain in my shoulder at work that would lead to burning, numbness and tingling all the way down my arm into my wrist and hand (dominant right arm). I thought that I had slept funny the night before and let it slide when it let up when I got home. I then had my nerve block (for the RSD in my right leg) at which time the Dr. determined that what was going on with my hand, arm and shoulder wasn't related to the RSD.

I continued to work, and the pain, numbness, tingling and burning got worse to where I was putting up with it almost all day at work and even when I got home. I started waking up with these symptoms after sleeping on my left side at night. I got fed up with it and on the 24th of Feb., upon arriving at work, went to the supervisor on duty and asked her what to do. She said that I needed to talk to our head of HR, but that both HR persons in our office were out of town all week. She then suggested that I call TAP (some off sight division that handles many of our medical and other decisons). When I told them what was going on, I was informed they didn't handle WC and to contact HR. I told them HR was out of the office all week, they called her number and informed me that I was to leave a message on her audex and that she would call me back.. and she did. The following Tuesday, March 4th, on my day off, and told me that I would have to start a claim with the WC IC for the company, and gave me their 1-800 number.

I waited till Monday of this week (the 10th) to call the number she had given me. They told me that I had to start the claim with HR, but gave me another number within the IC that might be able to help. I called the 2nd number and the lady on the other end, when hearing the tears in my voice, took all my information and gave me a claim number. I also went online and filed a notice with the Texas Division of WC as required within 1 year of the date of known injury/occupational disease and received a claim number from them. I called my HR and once again got her audex and left her a message to call me back.

On the 11th, when I hadn't received a call back, I called the local Wichita Falls Tx Dept of WC rep that is right down the road from me (within a mile actually). I explained my problem and she said that I could use any Dr of my choice, as long as he accepted WC. The Dr that I want to use will only accept WC on a referral basis. So I finally called around and found a PCP that would take WC.. and was told that I would need to get a "permission to treat" letter faxed to his office and he could get me in that very afternoon. I called my HR rep, and when I told her my name, she immediately interrupted me, said she was in the middle of a meeting and that they were "investigating what they need to do in regards to my case" and then hung up on me.

This morning, when I went to work, I went to the clipboard outside of the HR office and put my name on it, to be seen in regards to WC. At 2:30 this afternoon, after returning from my last break, I received a call at my desk from the HR assistant. I explained to her all that I had learned yesterday and she said that their hands were tied until they get a call from corporate headquarters telling them what to do. She then said she hoped to hear from them before she went home. As I was leaving at 4:15 I told her that I had no option but to go to the ER on my way home and use the claim number I had been given by the IC. She said to do what I had to do and let them know what happened when I return to work tomorrow.

Well, not being critically ill, I was sent to the urgent care clinic in the hospital. The Dr manipulated my arm and said that she didn't think x-rays would show anything and that they couldn't order and MRI, that I needed to get a PCP to order it. She then had the nurse give me a shot of Toradol for pain and inflammation (the only effect I have had from it was the delayed burning pain in my right butt cheek where they gave it to me). She sent me home with paperwork that says it is a sprain/strain and if I have a sling to utilize it and not to do what I have been doing to aggravate it till I could see a PCP and said I could go back to work. Well hell, it's the typing at work that aggravates it ( as it is doing now while I type this).. but she wouldn't take me out of work, nor would she give me a note for modified work. So tomorrow, I have to go back to work and spend 8 hours at the keyboard.

I am taking the numbers to the local Division of Workers Compensation, as well as the local number for the TX Division of WC with me to work tomorrow and I am going to give it to the HR as well as the web site for Texas WC laws. I am going to tell them that I expect something to be done in regards to my WC claim by the end of business tomorrow (my end at 3:45 that is) or I will be hiring an attorney and they will get the chance to deal with him/her. Going to be interesting to see what they say.... and even moreso.. what will happen. To bad that they don't know what I know... and that in the end, if all goes my way, I will win and they will have no choice but to accept my "occupational disease" as it is called here.

Now to my point for this loooooooooong post... because typing intensifies the pain in my shoulder and arm, I am not going to be able to spend time here posting until something is done and I get some kind of relief. I will still be coming in to read, but won't be able to answer your posts. I will be keeping each and everyone of you, as well as your loved ones and friends in my prayers as I do every day. I hope that each and everyone of you finds the answers to your problems what ever they may be at the time.. and that God will look down and shed his light and blessings with all. Hoping that I will be able to get back here and start posting ASAP. Till then, remember that I luvs my forum family.

At the end of my rope Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open
may the lord bless
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing
I hate to see anyone travel this road ....know always you are not walking it alone....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

hope you get the results from HR...I'm praying for you...enough is enough...My goodness does it never end? good luck
I will pray for you angel ..
Sounds like my place ...
Angel - I'm so sorry to hear of this. I know it hurts to answer this so I will try to phrase it as a statement... would it be better to use your private insurance to take care of this?Well it still came out as a question but you get my drift Smile I wouldn't go through this work comp hell again for all the money in the world. Just throwing that out there but I know you already know that's an option.

I'll be praying that this goes okay for you and that you will get the relief you need. In the meantime take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing when you can Smile

Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile

That is why i found this post and i only come online to this post. I use to type to a friend in England everyday. I am much more at ease reading instead of typing back n forth. I can only type alittle at a time and the rest of my time is reading everyones post.

I miss my friend, but have fear of typing back n forth to him. I hope you get well and get the help you need. I know how it is as it is my dominant hand also and the radiating pain all the way up to my shoulder is awful. I cry all the time. Right now i type with a TENS unit on for relief. I wish you luck and hope you get the help you need.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%
Good luck and God Bless Angel !
My prayers continue for you! LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
My prayers are with you.

I understand you not wanting to worsen your condition by typing, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
I know God will be by your side Angel and please let us know just as soon as you can how you are doing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Co Workers/Workers Comp. 241050 1 1,252 08-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Last Post: 1171
  My Workers Comp. Cervical_Fusion 2 2,285 05-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Last Post: fatboy
Sad workers comp lump sum settlement/ medicare set-aside account Dutchy 46 54,720 09-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Denied Workers Comp Cervical_Fusion 0 2,334 10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  workers comp settlement multiple injury HMDR 3 16,593 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  TV Comedy "Workers' Comp" Starts Filming in April admin 5 7,956 03-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  I now know who is running our workers comp courts jayne 0 3,283 02-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Unemployment or Workers Comp??? Netta 6 16,956 01-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Question mental exam round 2 hurt at work 9 4,755 07-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Pooh
  Work Comp round 2 chapter 2 UndercovrAngel 29 8,792 03-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Last Post: red1030