Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-26-2015, 12:48 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nurse case manager
02-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Nurse case manager
What are the pros & cons of having a nurse case manager? Please share your experiences. THanks

I know that God will never give me more than I can handle.
I just wish he didn't trust me so much.
-Mother Teresa
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2008, 05:56 AM
RE: Nurse case manager
I had a NCM assigned to me in the first few months of my injury. She wanted to meet me at my house, but i met her about 20 miles away at a Mcdonalds. I would NEVER meet them at your house if i were you. It would not be a good idea.

She would be at EVERY appt. with me, and made sure that it was in the ic favor to get me back to work ASAP if i was still hurting or not. That is their main focus. She always pretended she was my best friend and always cared how I felt, but in reality she was going back to the ic telling them things to get me back to work.

I found out later that you do NOT have to let them in the exam room with you, but i had nothing to hide and did not care if she was there or not. Just my opinion. Once they got me back to work full time she was gone. Just like the wicked witch in the wizard of oz that got water poored on her.LOL. Good luck, and do not tell them things you do not want them to know or record.

carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%
02-25-2008, 11:09 AM
ours quit our case since hubby was denied. if he wins appeal, would we have to sign release papers for her again or are the old ones still good? don't want to sign them or need to revoke what we can if hubby is approved. thanks!

I know that God will never give me more than I can handle.
I just wish he didn't trust me so much.
-Mother Teresa
02-25-2008, 11:10 AM
tell your lawyer you dont want one mine was a witch with a capital B

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
02-25-2008, 12:09 PM
good luck were i worked the nurse would do anything she could to not have my injury covered or get me the least amount of help i needed.workers comp paid for everything until the doctor said surgery then the nurse called work comp and my insurance my insurance ended paying for all surgery billes and so on.my old employer pays her well to pass off the work comp issues.i know for fact because the old nurse quit because she was tired of seeing us get the shaft,thats what she told me and a couple of other people.so good luck i have to sue work comp now to get my money and my insurance companys money back.

Each day is not a rite,it's a given.
02-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Jayne is on the Money!! I had My attorney get Rid of Mine, and I couldn't of been Happier! They work for the i/c, and their Job is to get You back to Work, as soon as they can, sometimes at the Cost of Your Health!! I'm Sure some of the NCM's are Good and do their Job Well, but from what I've Experienced and seen, they are Pretty Hard to Find!! Best of Luck on Your Appeal, and Have a Great Day!!Wink

Failed Back Surgery, Chronic Pain, Totally Disabled.

Knowledge is Power, Especially in the World of w/c. Learn as Much as You can about Your States w/c Laws, and don't Fight Battles alone, They Use Attorney's, and so Should You!!
02-26-2008, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2008 11:05 AM by piedmontmountain.)
NCM = NOT your friend & NOT looking out for your best interest! They work for the IC...therefore are sent to watch your every move and word, & persuade MD's to release you too soon.
i would not allow her to accompany me to any MD appmnt....so don't sign the releases for her to do so.
Good Luck, LillySmile

Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
02-26-2008, 07:31 PM
It's funny, I'm told I have a NCM but I have never met or spoken with them.
He or She is never at a Examination either. My Attorney has spoken to Her or Him and that is all the contact I have had. I guess I'm lucky.
02-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't think you get to choose.
02-27-2008, 12:06 AM
I wish this thread was made a while ago. Recently a nurse case manager called my home shortly after my comp case manager "postponed" my surgery. She wanted to be at my house the next day. I didn't think anything of it, she said she had little info about my injury and wanted to hear my story. I said okay ..she came and we talked. However, at the end she wanted me to sign a paper? I was like, hmm ..no. She said that it just stated she was there and spoke to me. I didn't sign it and kept a copy telling her I would send it to her. It said nothing that she told me, it actually released medical records.. at least that's what I gather from reading it. I don't understand still why she would lie about it, I'm wondering there's something more. Anyway, workers comp wanted a 3rd opinion on my hand before having surgery. I asked this nurse if she could set me up with a specific doctor in the area, I heard he was good. She said sure ..but then called and said, "I googled this doctor and couldnt find him ..so I set you up with a great one." I said alright and went to that doctor. Believe it or not, in the lobby of that doctor's office, she was there sitting talking on a cell phone. She said nothing to me, did not even acknowledge the fact I was there. However, after coming out of the doctor's office (IME) she insisted I signed that form. I still didn't ..and asked her if she could get me a copy of that doctors report, because he said I would have to go through workers comp in order to read his opinion because they paid for it. She emailed me the other day saying I would get that report whenever she gets that form signed? I still have no clue what it going on ..but from what I gather on my own experience, they're up to no good. At first she had my mom going, believing she was there to help me. I'm 19 ..and as much as I wanted to believe someone was on my side, I highly doubt these people are.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hospice nurse new to this process happybalance 9 2,320 12-04-2012 09:33 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Just assigned a Nurse Case Manager...what do I need to know? cherokeegal 21 7,371 08-14-2012 06:28 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  First visit with Nurse Case Manager hurt back 22 7,662 07-29-2012 05:07 PM
  Meeting with nurse case manager hurt back 20 7,540 07-10-2012 06:00 PM
  manager in training MYREGRET 6 3,047 07-05-2012 12:23 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Medical case manager hurt back 17 4,885 06-27-2012 07:54 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Assistant Manager not sure what to do... Bnkrbv 4 3,043 10-19-2010 08:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
MyBB Field Csse Manager moregreatfun 5 3,304 07-26-2010 04:29 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
Rolleyes Why Would My Attorney Okay A Nurse Case Manager for me? lefty 4 3,949 04-30-2010 12:53 AM
Last Post: lefty
Shy case manager review gary montgomery 3 3,034 10-31-2009 11:59 AM
Last Post: 1171