Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you want a state by state forum?
ADMIN; I have to say, my Vote was the last one to vote for. I can't decide the answer for a proper vote.

State by State was used in the past. There were many things I had seen it used for! One I might say, if a person didn't want everyone in the General area to know what was going on in their life, then they posted by State. It was an issue I had found, that when someone did Post by State, another Poster or Member, would have to notify a member too, one reply to them, or ask the State user to use the General Board for more possible answers and Opinions.

Also, I had noticed, when repling to a State user, the replies, were very slow being returned back. As if, we lost them very quickly, when we should of somehow found a way to keep them?

Now, if a State by State Forum was set up, with an Auto-Reply to the person's first Thread (Post), stateing the use of the General Board could also be used, with the supplied link to the General Board, it may help. Also a given Notification of a State Thread placed on the General Board Automaticly when a person using the State by State Forum post a Thread.

Only an Opinion....

Since W/C laws vary from state to state I think a state specific forum would be helpful because responses to posts would be from people who are familiar with what's what in the specific state.

That being said, the general forum is also useful because you can connect with many more people and get and give more info.
nurse83

"After all, tomorrow is another day." Wishing you a better tomorrow!

admin Wrote:A possible drawback is that it will reduce the collaborative effect of this general injured workers board. What do you think?

The rationale above sums it all up for me, admin. I voted "NO", accordingly.Smile

I think the newbys would go to state see no traffic and think no answers here and not come back...I like what we have
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

How about trying something new? Like a tri-state area or some sort of a division of the country. I am from North Dakota. I can relate to the people in South Dakota, Minnesota, and Montana.

Things are different in the upper Midwest than they are in NY, Florida, or California.

Also ND is 1 of 5 states that do not allow private insurance carriers. We are governed and controlled by politicians and not individual companies.

How about dividing the country in 1/4's?
DOI July 2004 C5-6, C6-7

Since I am in a state which has only ONE WC Server........it is SO VERY different than say........California. I believe it is very important that because I live in a state that has a Monopoly...(HOPE IT CHANGES SOON).....that we have the state forum.

Rolleyes 
I also like state by state and the general forum. I came down to Fl for a couple of months to get out of NY nasty weather this winter and like it so much I am thinking of moving here. The state by state may be of some help on what to do or what to expect. As I do need medical Sad

FYI
you would still be under the laws of the state where the injury was filed; jurisdiction doesn't change with a workers' change of address.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

1171 Wrote:FYI
you would still be under the laws of the state where the injury was filed; jurisdiction doesn't change with a workers' change of address.

I know that NY still has to pay medical. But I'm getting Doctors saying they don't take out of state WC or want NY WC to refer me. like that will happen?

My suggestion would be to add something in the Message area where one had to type in their State...or the message would not take/post.
Just a thought. Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Approved for ssdi while receiving WC in reverse offset state farmboy 7 200 06-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post: farmboy
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 65 7,140 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question State Employee Injury OfficialKeyHolder 1 330 03-12-2018, 11:50 PM
Last Post: kibby
  Trying to settle before moving out of state w/o lifetime medical norcalgirl7 3 809 07-29-2017, 01:03 AM
  Washington state L and I pension Silverfox 0 524 06-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Silverfox
  Moving to different state Lhoag28 3 778 03-21-2017, 11:06 AM
  Question from New York state. Mustang229 7 1,072 03-20-2017, 05:20 PM
Sad Out of State Worker's Comp can't find doctor sugar8474 3 6,560 03-07-2017, 04:31 PM
  CA state WC board for neck fusion PridedImp 10 2,056 03-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Transferring care to another state toni b 2 1,094 11-28-2016, 09:53 AM
Last Post: toni b