Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people do ???
bummerknees I love volunteering It isnt a job forgettting praise for...but It sure does something for the soul!!!

Sometimes I feel so trampled by work comp issues, with volunteering
I feel good about myself.

grundig Wrote:Well it,s look,s like there are people off work ,,,,sooooooooo, what do we/ they do all day.

So you want to know what I have been doing!?  Well, I am remodeling my kitchen with my little feminie hands...all my nails are gone!  Finished putting in a new granit counter top & sink in the bathroom, that was a whole lot of fun...not!  My kitchen floors are torn up, I have a tile guy coming this week and he said I can work with him to learn hwo to do it!  My master bathroom is next, taking out the floor and replacing the tile on the shower....
This is all before I have my next surgery...right Bad Boy!  Got to get it done before hand!Big Grin Then the house goes on the market and my ex and I will split the profit and he will go one way and I will go the other to happier days ahead!
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

I can do nothing because of my painful injuries.
Some day, one of the idiots at the IC will wake up and authorize my needed surgical intervention'S.

Well I also refurbish old computer,s (strictly non-profit) I repair them,,,,then there giving to people less fortunate than myself,,,Most actually cost me to repair,,,,,but it,s for a very good cause,,,,IE,,,School children whose parent,s can,t afford one for their children. Me and my spouse have actually been given an award by Robert F#$%no,wayne county executive, for our contributions,,,,,,
Bummer knees,,,,,,,,,I personally thank you for your Contribution,s to United Way,,,,,,,You are truly to be Commended for this.Smile
On The Road to Recovery

Thanks, I'm unable to spend as much time as I would like volunteering due to my injuries.

What you do is awesome!

For many children with learning challenges, the use of computers enables them to learn, and you make that possible!

I dont do much.....most of the hobbies I enjoyed before are now verboten...but I still try to sew a little,quilt a little,cook a lot(and you can tell I enjoy my cooking)and am considering homeschooling my kids....I hate what they are learning at school(greed,envy and selfishness)and really hate what they are not learning (the basics)they are young so they really need a good foundation to lay the brickwork for the rest of their school years.and the schools dont teach this anymore.My 9 yr old is more interested in whos going out with who (at 9!!!!!!!!!) whos wearing what and who has the nicest streaks in their hair(at 9!!!!!!!!) at nine I thought boys had cooties and was happy with a confortable pair of jeans and a t-shirt and I didnt want any shoes at all.....yes I know times have changed but in my humble opinion not for the better.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Toungue 
Babebahn, that is right. You asked for something on the other Board, remember? Well, here on this Board, you can PM (Private Message me). So give it a try... Tongue

To the others, my good deeds are I also do things with used computers. I have people give me their old computers, when they buy new ones. I do ask them for the old computers software, so I can reset it back up to Factory Spec's. Then I give them to kids (very Young) ones. So they can train and learn computers. It is up to their Parents to put them on the Internet or not. I pre-load each one, with child software also. I have all 5 of my grandsons on computers, youngest now being 4 or just turned 5 years old. All but the youngest or on the Internet, Child net set up in place for them. I've been doing this way before I was even injured, and I will continue to do so. I have computers, Printers, and Monitor's all over the place, lol.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

wish I could send you all my old ones
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Cool 
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Babebahn, that is right. You asked for something on the other Board, remember? Well, here on this Board, you can PM (Private Message me). So give it a try... Tongue

To the others, my good deeds are I also do things with used computers. I have people give me their old computers, when they buy new ones. I do ask them for the old computers software, so I can reset it back up to Factory Spec's. Then I give them to kids (very Young) ones. So they can train and learn computers. It is up to their Parents to put them on the Internet or not. I pre-load each one, with child software also. I have all 5 of my grandsons on computers, youngest now being 4 or just turned 5 years old. All but the youngest or on the Internet, Child net set up in place for them. I've been doing this way before I was even injured, and I will continue to do so. I have computers, Printers, and Monitor's all over the place, lol.

Bad Boy that is pretty cool, my boyfriends is a vietnam Vet, 100% disabled with PTSS------ he does the same thing has computors, libraries of software, printer, all over his place....... Is currently rebuilding for 2 unfortunate school kids. Slowly though as he lives on a lake and was in the path of Katrina. His property is slowly getting cleaned up of the down trees and he is doing the cleaning as he can. He is a real geek---------talks way over my geekless PC brain.
Hope you all have a great day!

~Dallas307~
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People Helping People from CNN--GOTTA LOVE IT! Jazzi 15 7,144 10-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Jazzi