Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people do ???
Before I got my cat,s.....I had 2 dog,s...There were only 2 in the litter....couldn,t seperate them,,,,I had them for 18 year,s,,,,,,I had to put them down,,,,, they were old and suffering,,,,,18 year,s that was heartbreaking.Sad
On The Road to Recovery

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote: Well, since my wife works, I try and take care of some of the house work she would mostly have done, giving her a brake there, even do laundry, and cook. I always did love to cook. In a general sense, I do what I can, when I can, but I just have to take my time doing them, with rest stops when needed. Over the last year or so, remodeled 2 bathrooms, complete. 2 bedrooms completed. Cleaning up the garage. Getting the garden ready. Run around paying the Bills. Some shopping. And staying with-in my restrictions at all times. I get help when needed, so that is never a problem neither. Now that it's Spring Time, I will be getting my Boats ready to go fishing. And maybe go camping a few times and fishing. I try to do things with my grandsons, all 5 boys, and now 2 in the oven. Big Grin Still waiting for a Grand Daughter though. Rolleyes

~Dallas307~
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Are you collecting work comp benefits? If you can do all that why can'tou work?

~Dallas307~
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Rolleyes 
Rolleyes Dallas, I welcome your comment.

Since I said what I do since I'm home, if you read my Profile you may have learned more about me. But then again, making my reply short, didn't help your thinking.
I did say I get help
I didn't say it took my 6 months to a year to do one bathroom
I didn't say it took me the same time to do the other bathroom
I didn't say I had supervised most of the bathroom work teaching someone that was helping, on how to do it.
I didn't say, who helps me get my Boats ready, I have help
Going fishing and camping, what is there as for work, none at all
House work, that would take my wife a few hours do perform, takes me all week, guess I should of said that too
Cooking, well, I love that, mostly start todays meal a day before hand, and are mostly set in crook pots, or in the all day Pit Smoker

No, I have been cut off from Comp Benefits
So if it takes me so long to perform such task, how would I be able to work for an employer in such a timely manner they would want.

But like I said, I do welcome your reply. My pain, my neck, my TOS, my knees, all that hurts 24 x 7 even my arms and shoulders, thank you. I wouldn't wish any of this on a single person. Not even you.

Cool
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I apologize as I did not mean to offend you. It was a innocent question. I have just really figured this site out myself. and have now read your profile. Personally, I have had my share of accidents and injuries and I do understand. In 1981 had a low back injury and then  in 1983 I had a fractured veretbrea in my neck. Fortunately I was not paralyzed and have since learned to use body mechanics to be safe in what I do. However as I age things have changed and I have to make exceptions also. Fortuantly I have a great career and am able to have cleaning crew come in once a month to do the debilitating jobs, such as clean all the floors and bathrooms. And besides I hate dusting and I am fully capable of doing that. OK TMI!
So I too have to manage my laboring jobs and pay for it at the end of the day.
I hope you will accept my appolgy as I had no intentions of offending you .Smile

~Dallas307~

well let,s see ,,,,I can still play piano,,,,I cannot do my job though,,,,,there,s a major diff.between doing personall thing,s and doing work/job/employment thing,s.
my problem is my left hand is too weak to perform my Industrial job.
Say bad boy,,,,how we doin this fine sunny sunday??
On The Road to Recovery

Big Grin 
Big Grin Dallas, I wasn't at all offended. You asked a simple question was all. Please don't say your sorry, for it isn't needed. I fully understand. And I think you did have a right to ask, since I did make a reply to this Post, it is a natural thing. Like I said, I did welcome your comment. I look at it as cleaning the air Big Grin

Anytime you want to ask, feel free. I don't get offened to often. And I'm not offended now.

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Thank you. Air is clean.I suppose Ishould update my profile
Thanks again Have a great day!

~Dallas307~

Question 
Well, for me I don't do a whole lot these days!! LOL Let's see, I take the boys to school and make sure the dog gets taken out for his potty breaks. Watch some TV, check email and other correspondence, pay the bills when needed, do some light cooking and household chores and of course....but all of you guys when I can!!!! I also meet every couple of weeks with the voc rehab guy and go to any necessary appointments. I can't drive for very long so going out for drives is mostly out of the question! My right leg has been drastically affected by my injury. Hubby and boys take care of most of the cooking and household chores, for which I'm eternally greatful for!! Without them I don't know what I'd do!! My home would be an absolute wreck, that's for sure.
I do go fishing with hubby and boys when possible. But breaks in that are still required!! That sucks...I'd love to be the one catching all of the fish!!! LOL
We were able to buy a little fishing boat for next to nothing no to long ago and I was able to do some of the work on getting it ready to go. And will probably try to do the painting on it....we'll have to see how that goes. Mostly, if I have enough time to do something, I try and do it...but if there's a time crunch, it's usually best left in someone elses hands!!
Like Bad Boy, I try to do some of the smaller chores around here...but it takes me two, even three, times longer to do them....so if it were needed to be done in an instant then someone else would have to do them!! As always, my index finger does most of the work....it points to the things that needs done!!!!!
Punk   :0)
"If I were any better....I'd only be half as good as you!!"

I have always been active in volunteering for United Way funded organizations. I still do, not as many hours, I set my own pace and stay within my restrictions.

My favorite volunteer job is serving as an Education Advocate for children with disabilities in special education placement. These children need trained volunteers to advocate for their educational rights as their parents are no longer in the picture due to termination of parental rights.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People Helping People from CNN--GOTTA LOVE IT! Jazzi 15 7,136 10-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Jazzi