Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vickinat & low back pain
My low back problems are similar to yours.

After your accident did your low back pain increase?

The accident hubby & I had was Sunday and I had neck pain & headaches all day.

Monday morning I spent at the hospital getting X-rays.

Last night my low back pain increased along with the nerve pain.

My husband took me to Wal Mart today and I found I wasn't very mobile. My low back hurts to walk and I have trouble taking steps with my right foot, doing the swing walk.

Taken two naps today and have a little relief from the pain when I do this.

Thank you.
Bummer Knees

Oh Bummer...I am not Bummer but I feel terrible that you have to suffer like this. I am so sorry that you had this accident after such a nice visit we all had. I feel sort of guilty because I am very glad you and your husband was able to come and then to have this accident... Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you... you are in my thoughts and in my prayers...love you Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

bummer you take care of your self sorry you had this trouble may the lord bless you and your family
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Dear Bummer,
Yes my lower back pain as well as the left hip pain increased alot when I had my accident. I was having such bad muscle spasms all the way up my back, that they had to give me 2 shots of morphine, 1 of Valium and 1 of Ativan just to be able to get the X-rays. My neck still hurts, but with MRI results I figure it will for awhile. I still get the headachs daily, and was told that it was from the herniated discs or the torn annulars in the neck. My shoulder has been feeling a little better since the cortizone shot last week. My walk was already thrown off with the left leg going out to the side from the back and hip hurting. This became worse when the pain got worse. Last week I found that the left foot was broke, and I have to wear a big boot on that leg. My Ortho said that there was probably a small fracture that the hospital didn't see on the X-rays and then when I went back to work, it broke when I was walking with my altered gait on the concrete. The Ortho plans to re-evaluate the hip on Jan. 2nd, and give me an injection into the joint under flouroscopy if it is still the same. He and my pain Dr. feel that if they can releive some of the hip pain it will in turn help the lower back. My X-rays didn't show the damage to my neck and shoulder, only the MRI did. So far I haven't had an MRI on the lower back and hip since a year ago. I may ask about that since my pain level is still higher since the accident, than it was before. I'm sorry this was so long. I hope it helped. I also hope you feel better soon.
Love Vickie

Bummer Knees Wrote:My low back problems are similar to yours.

After your accident did your low back pain increase?

The accident hubby & I had was Sunday and I had neck pain & headaches all day.

Monday morning I spent at the hospital getting X-rays.

Last night my low back pain increased along with the nerve pain.

My husband took me to Wal Mart today and I found I wasn't very mobile. My low back hurts to walk and I have trouble taking steps with my right foot, doing the swing walk.

Taken two naps today and have a little relief from the pain when I do this.

Thank you.
Bummer Knees

Red

Even with the accident I would do it all over again if I got to see my forum family again.

Now I am smiling.... thanks.... I am so glad that we got to meet... you are a gem and your husband also. I hope you told him what I thought of him from the other post...I think you two together are just wonderful... love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

BK, you may want to try a heat and message pad. I bought one from either wall greens or wall mart. I got the one that is to be used on a car seat, for when I drive. It also comes with a plug in adaptor for the house.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA

Do they have a specific name or brand?

When we went to Wal Mart I found it to be very painful to ride in my van.

I am sitting at the computer with a heat pack that is heated in the

microwave (It feels like beads inside the pack).

tiger balm pads....a friend gave me some this weekend and they are great
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Glad they work Jayne. I went to Wal Mart today and got some more.

Right now nothing is helping the back pain.

Going to take a muscle relaxer soon and go to bed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why you should not get fusion surgery for plain back pain California_Help 5 3,932 10-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Exercise and back pain California_Help 10 4,355 01-15-2016, 03:13 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Back from Pain Management UndercovrAngel 6 2,741 08-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Happy Birthday Vickinat chrischris 8 5,167 07-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Wink
  Vickinat AQA 12 4,321 12-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Happy Birthday Vickinat AQA 20 8,127 07-19-2009, 04:03 AM
Last Post: vickinat
  Vickinat has left Oregon Tuffy 14 6,928 05-04-2009, 11:31 AM