Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Hello There, Guest! Register

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RSD Articles About American Idol's Abdul
05-07-2007, 12:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2007, 12:35 AM by wcaffrey3.)
RE: RSD Articles About American Idol's Abdul
Thank you Chris for contining to post information regarding RSD. As you know I continue to battle with it every day

Thank Bad Boy for letting Chris use your information. The information you had looked up for Sithie to help her just shows how much you to care for everyone. You always go way beyond to help each one of us as we struggle. RSD really does mess with our memory and minds..so when things get so fustrating and wc or the ic are making thing really hard hard for us it is very hard to function. So we can't remember what we have read or what others have help us with. So we know we can come here and know that some will help us. You showed with Sithie and so many others. Even when we may ask the same question over and over.

Red...My Dr's have tried so many medications it is crazy. I take anti-seizure meds and high blood meds, And I don't have seizures or high blood pressure. Also pain meds. Same as Sithie...wc waited to long to approve to injections. I did have two of them but the Dr said just way to late. I also have a spinal cord stimulator. Dr is just waiting for approval for a pain pump.  I agree whole hearted with Sithe if wc would just listen to the DR's they are the ones that treat the RSD every day not WC. We just may have had remission. I also has had a bone scan that was postive. I have seen 6 Dr's that all have diagnosised RSD. It not like just one Dr. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. The first year I had it was alot of learning for me. I was so scared....now I have decided I have to get my life back...I will not let it get the best of me...I deserve to be painfree as possible. ANd I will fight to get that for me and my family. I want to speak out about WC and not from home. I will. I will do just about anything in treatment to stop the pain. I don't know about the the rest of the RSD'er but it is the burning and deep deep pain I can't handle. I feel like my whole upper body is on fire and I mean on FIRE. And my bones are in a vice. Sorry I am hurting so venting some here. Lots of what I read seems so many Dr's don't understand wc doesn't care...so many suffer. I am thankful I have Dr's that do care. VENTING whewww out of breathe...
05-07-2007, 12:48 AM,
jayne Wrote:ahhhhhhhhhhh the view ....dont care much for it anymore it is not informative as it used to be now it is one fuss after another....maybe when Rosie moves on it will be enjoyable again
I've used the internet to learn more about this because of mine. My doctor's didn't DX it at first but one of my newer younger surgeon was able to and point me in the right direction for treatment. Its a disease that has a mind of its own, and if it wants to it will not flare up at times it needs to while at the doctors but thankfully one of its symtons is that it does come and go hence, one of the reason's why its difficult to DX.
05-07-2007, 01:05 AM,
Oh Spring I do understand, I am sending you a painless hug hun, because of weather here I am in major flare up mode today meself. Just put on more of licoderm patches, and cannot have another pill for 3 hours. And yesterday the percosets started the rebound headaches again. I agree, the fire is worst, although the random stabbings with a burning stick are a close second, exspecially as they make you flinch and jump so everyone looks at you.

I would not wish this awful pain on anyone or anything, but if someone else had to have it, maybe a clebrity will get it at least noticed.

Praying for you,
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie
05-07-2007, 01:17 AM,
Thank you Sithie...Heck I just re-read all the jumble mess I wrote. I hope you all can sort that out..lol. See when I get upset..I just can't function. So just think what I do when WC has me all fustrated. Sithie I pray for all us everynight. For some reason the Lord above thought I could handle this. I see the Dr this week we are going to chat...my pain has been so bad just the last few days. Major Major Flare to..so I am with you..I understand.
05-07-2007, 10:01 AM,
Chris,
What does a video prove? Everyone has to eat no matter what condition they are in. Maybe your RSD symptoms were so bad that day that you were unable to fix your own meal & had to go out in order to get a meal.
A few yrs ago I had open heart surgery. After I was able to ride in a car again, my husband took me out to eat. If someone had videoed me....they'd thought I was normal. My shirt provided cover of the 10" long stapled-up sternum, the huge "X" scars under each breast, and my pants concealed a 13" leg scar held together by steri strips.....so as far as I'm concerned they can "stick" their video where WC's personalities are.....up their azzes !
Lilly Smile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
05-07-2007, 10:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2007, 10:05 AM by wcaffrey3.)
Here is some more information on RSD. This was giving to me by one of my Dr's nurses...that said she learned alot from it. As we all know all Dr's approach RSD in there own way. What works for one person may not work for another. That is what makes RSD so hard treat. I hope I can get this to work. If the link don't show up I will try again.

This Dr has treated RSD for many many years. I like the site alot because it answers alot of peoples questions. I hope it can help someone with the questions.

http://www.rsdrx.com/rsdpuz4.0/001.htm
05-07-2007, 12:36 PM,
Here's what I did, I was thinking of Sithie being Video taped a day before an IME. So I was thinking, of some defense issues for her, knowing others maight be able to use some information also. I see her Attorney told her not to worry, but still, I thought showing us here, how we look at Paula on TV. Now just think, like lets say me for (example), people look at me, too, can't see my problems neither, unless I tell them. Well, I'm Medicated. Legally of course Tongue

So just so we know, we can viewed as normal people, yet in the real world, we are not...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
05-07-2007, 02:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2007, 03:17 PM by dolly313.)
http://www.stoppushingreligion.net
05-07-2007, 04:00 PM,
Hey, Imsckofit, Thankyou for the butyoudon't look sick site, this is first time I have seen it, and man has it helped my day!

Thanks again,
Sithie
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie
05-07-2007, 06:11 PM,
Thanks for all the sites everyone. I loved them all. I have not read the entire site that Spring offered as it has many sections, but the first two sections was full of information. I still say the more I read the more I believe this is a very disabling disease and there should be more research about it going on. I am still having problems finding any research about the disease itself. I am so sorry to hear about the symptoms that each of you are experiencing. They sound painful just reading it. I have some neropathy related to nerve damage from the MS but it does not affect near as bad as I believe that RSD will affect those that have it. My prayers are with all of you.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How American Health Care Became Broken... 1171 116 40,929 10-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Last Post: admin
  A I G...american general insurance Babebahn 16 8,229 09-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Babebahn
  History lesson: short magazine articles on history of Work Comp Insurance 1171 5 5,355 07-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo