• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I DID find out today why I was approved and for which Diagnosis RE: SSD

Okay everyone......I said I would let you all know if it is possible to find out WHY or for WHICH Diagnosis we are approved for SSD. I just went in to the SS office........spent several hrs there (the usual) and when it was my turn simply told the lady why I was there and she said fine and looked it up.........printed me out a copy and stamped it as official and VOILA...... I was accepted for "Musculorskeletal" . (The injury at work was shoulder, hand and cervical.

This confirms what I suspected, my injuries at work and inability (a letter saying they will not take me back) to continue in my profession.
So that was easy.......if any of you are wondering because of multiple Diagnosis mentioned by you on your paperwork......just go to SS and ask. I am in Oregon.....but it shouldn't make any difference whatsoever.....I was told I could not get this information and so am very uplifted that I got it so easily.

Does it make a difference what diagnosis they used to approve you or did you just want to know for your own records? Why wouldn't they want to tell someone that information? Do they think they know something we don't??

[quote=shugarcookie]
Does it make a difference what diagnosis they used to approve you or did you just want to know for your own records? Why wouldn't they want to tell someone that information? Do they think they know something we don't??

Shugarcookie,

I had just been told by SS (the 800 number) and by my attorney that people usually NEVER find out which Diagnosis got you the SSD.
I do not know why everyone thinks it should be such a secret....thankfully I got someone who was willing to tell me.
I called my attorney afterwards and he said "GOOD FOR YOU" and wants to make a copy of the paper I got and introduce it to his Colleagues who also work with SSD and W/C. He only works with W/C but several of his associates work strictly with SSD.......so he wants to see WHAT if ANY difference this will make in my settlement.
(also.......I wanted to know for my own records and just plain curiosity)......It is MY life......right?

jacvern - can you tell me what injuries specifically you have to your hands, shoulder and cervical?

I have injuries to cervical, lumbar, both hips and left knee and am afraid I am not going to be approved for SSI/SSD. Many docs said it was sprain/strain from my neck down but my neuro surgeon is disputing this as two herniated discs in my neck as well as a spinal cord injury that is collecting fluid among other things with my back and hips and sacro illiac. Left knee is just written up basically as internal derangement with a small tear in the ACL I believe as well as the knee cap not tracking correctly again. Sorry to pick your brain, I shouldn't be trying to second guess these people it will only lead to disappointment I'm afraid.

Thanks for any help you can be,
monster

BTW - this is only a guess but I think if they tell people which diagnosis was accepted this will then become common knowledge and people will be begging their docs to write specific things in their reports in order to get their SSI/SSD. It's only a guess and may be completely off track Smile
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

monster Wrote:jacvern - can you tell me what injuries specifically you have to your hands, shoulder and cervical?

I have injuries to cervical, lumbar, both hips and left knee and am afraid I am not going to be approved for SSI/SSD. Many docs said it was sprain/strain from my neck down but my neuro surgeon is disputing this as two herniated discs in my neck as well as a spinal cord injury that is collecting fluid among other things with my back and hips and sacro illiac. Left knee is just written up basically as internal derangement with a small tear in the ACL I believe as well as the knee cap not tracking correctly again. Sorry to pick your brain, I shouldn't be trying to second guess these people it will only lead to disappointment I'm afraid.

Thanks for any help you can be,
monster

BTW - this is only a guess but I think if they tell people which diagnosis was accepted this will then become common knowledge and people will be begging their docs to write specific things in their reports in order to get their SSI/SSD. It's only a guess and may be completely off track Smile

Hopefully this will help monster,

I had a client pull me down on cement steps after I picked her up from ER. The initial claim that was accepted by Oregon's W/C was Complete Rupture of the Rotator Cuff......resulting in 4 surgeries and over 2 years of physical therapy. Still very limited in range of motion..and of course there is the pain and all the althletics that I used to do..that I cannot do anymore....and work won't take me back as I cannot pass the physical.......partially due to my Doctor's limitations on my lifting, pushing, (even reaching for files) I worked in an office. I cannot lift my arm (dominant) overhead or even too my head. The cervical is totally influenced by the shoulder injury......as the muscles/skeletol are all connected and working together. I developed Carpal Tunnel due to several months in a sling while my torn tendon healed........which W/C still has not sent me word if they accepted that or not. I believe it was the great documentation by my Doctor and my Physical Therapist that got me the SSD so quickly.
I wish you well.......as your injuries appear to be so great......you deserve some attention....like....."yesterday"... jacvern

Thank you so much for your help and insight jacvern. I am happy that you were approved so quickly but sorry that you have to endure this nightmare at all.

Best wishes to you,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Jacvern....now we know what to do!
Did you have to make an appointment at SSI office to get this info?...or did you just walk in and wait for your number to be called?
Thanks so much for the info! LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Monster Look for that syrinx as a way into ssd

Lilly Wrote:Thanks Jacvern....now we know what to do!
Did you have to make an appointment at SSI office to get this info?...or did you just walk in and wait for your number to be called?
Thanks so much for the info! LillySmile

Lilly,

I did not make an appointment because I was concerned I might get someone who might be a little more concerned about why I wanted to know. I walked in and waited almost 1 hr and 45 min but it was SO worth it. Mondays and Tuesdays are the WORST at SS so try Wed Thur or Fri. I did tell the worker I got that my reason for wanting to know was personal and that I wanted to find out at the beginning of this as I may have reason to need the info in the future (as I said, I had multiple reasons for applying) I listed on my original papers: Anxiety/Depression (documented by my Doctor) and also Cervical Strain, Complete Rupture of Rotator Cuff, and Carpal Tunnel. So they didn't consider the anxiety/depression at all.......but I am fortunate they did accept the "musculorskeletal" part of it. Hope this helps...best wishes, jacvern

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Get Yoga Approved CA Work Comp California_Help 0 172 08-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Last Post: California_Help
Sad Scared to go back to work and will I find something lonelylib81 3 2,764 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Approved for NYS disability retirement........ sonny1 15 7,292 10-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Last Post: sonny1
  find doctor poppy2010 4 2,383 11-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  Approved for SSD Just received 2nd MMI rating lefty 2 3,921 11-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Last Post: lefty
  Insurance approved one body part? frugaltimes 3 2,514 08-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Last Post: frugaltimes
  Can a new employer find out about my past WC claim if I don't tell them? Longview 11 29,796 02-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Where to find AMA guidlines lfoster21 10 7,332 01-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Last Post: BooBoosNeck
  Surgery not approved or declined yet kartim 6 3,528 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Approved settlement and still waiting?!?! doesthismatteranyway 5 3,429 07-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Last Post: doesthismatteranyway