Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Injured Workers -- **1171 see post #4 question
There is now a place that California Injured Workers can tell your WC horror stories. The California Injured At Work Group http://www.ciaw.org
has set up a blogspot on worldpress.org for California Injured Workers to tell their stories. There is no catch, and you will be responsible for the content of your blog.

CIAW has arranged for the media to read the stories. I don't have all details but will be checking this out myself later today.

You first go to http://www.ciaw.org and join. There is no obligation, but then you will have access to the site and also the blogspot.

Hope all you Californians take advantage of this. As we all know, there is no politician who will truly listen to us, but they will listen when the media is involved.
Let Go, and Let God......

Chris - thank you so much I will go there when my brain is a little less foggy and start a blog...I have never had a blog, that will be strange but I'm willing if someone might finally listen Smile
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Chris...get site...I signed up!
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

I'm hoping that 1171 will come on here and answer a question about ciaw and blogs.

I received a private email from someone that has a horrible experience with W/C and has told me that she won't join ciaw or blog about her experience because she thinks it might jeopardize her claim even more at this point. Her story is horrific and it continually gets worse at every turn.

So, do you have any opinions about the implications that might occur if someone in CA wants to post a blog to tell their story. Is there a point in a case that someone should not post?

I'm just curious. I've had ups and downs with my case, but nothing like what some are going through. I try not to take things personally and realize WC is a business, heartless and corrupt, but a business.

Thanks 1171, or anyone else from CA who has an opinion on what ciaw.org is offering?

Each has to find their own level of comfort and security whenever they choose to post personal stories for public viewing.
whether the content contains detailed names/identifications, accusations, characterizations, or derogatory comments probably will contribute to whatever reaction-if any- occurs. I don't think there is one answer.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

My attorneys assistant told me that several people have gone to this site for INFORMATION ONLY but had heard people who have posted their stories were harrassed. apparently one person had the info that they posted word for word repeated at her hearing which was suspicious.
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

Thanks 1171!

Babe, that's the feeling I'm getting too. I registered yesterday, but not for the blog. I had a V/M this a.m. asking for me to call them. I don't want to do something that will come back and bite me in the butt later. If my case was further along I might be less hesitant. However, I do plan on participating in other ways. There is so much wrong with the WC system and it's only going to get worse. Hopefully we are out of it before all the remaining I/W's in Cali are put in front of the firing squad and blind folded before the bang.

Tongue

I totally agree with you Chris...this WC system is the pits...I am so glad I have settled...BUT...I have also seen the delays in things even though I have settled too. Its a long and winding road but in the end we all do survive.

Hello,

My QME gave me MMI with a PD of 15% even tho my prescribed course of treatment was not completed due to the systematic denial of my claim after 90 days pending QME results.

I know I can fight it and met with a very helpful CA WC info officer, but the fight in me is just gone. Yes, I am defeated by the system. I am working things out with my employer and doctor.

However, I received paperwork on my PD from my AWFUL adjuster which says because my employer has less than 50 employees, my benefits are not subject to increase or decrease. What does this mean? Also what if that info is wrong? We have HUNDREDS of employees, not less than 50. I know because I file legal docs every year with the State of CA which requires reporting our company's number of employees.

What ramifications does it have if I bring this error to his attention? I don't want benefits "decreased" for sure.

Thank you for your help!

I apologize that I posted my question as a reply to your posting. Sorry...still figuring out the forum. Oops! Please forgive me and disregard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcoming Kids' Chance - Providing Scholarships to Children of Injured Workers admin 22 21,970 Today, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Chris889
  NJ Workers Comp Question mcats 32 8,101 06-06-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Re injured myself (not the workers comp injury) 241050 3 1,307 03-10-2018, 12:45 AM
  New York Injured Workers - Urgent - Please Read ChimarenTaylor 7 6,838 02-19-2018, 02:22 PM
  NC workers comp question Cwayman21 4 1,452 02-14-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Cashiered Too
  workers comp case in California, very difficult OUCH! 8 9,089 02-07-2018, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Miller
  Texas worker injured question Superman1978 2 987 04-21-2017, 11:43 AM
  15yrs on WC In California. 1171 help Babebahn 7 2,249 12-16-2016, 12:28 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  workers comp question evaughns23 5 3,829 03-31-2015, 01:38 AM
  California injured workers please support AB305 California_Help 0 2,398 03-20-2015, 01:04 AM
Last Post: California_Help