Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep perspective
we all belong if we got injured by going to work and doing our job this is were we belong...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Believe me I would gladly triple the money I have recieved from WC to have my health back. As a matter of fact I would work for free for years just room and board to have it. Do you know how some of the people on this sight have had to suffer. Not being able to do their ADL's any longer, not being intimate with their mate. Do you think that any of us are smart enough to fake MRI's. Do you truly think we enjoy having needles put in our spines and joints. Do you know what it is like to be shunned by your boss and anyone who is afraid to be seen speaking to you at work. I am happy that someone had an easy time of this, but believe me the majority of us have not. You say no one should worry about PI's. I always thought the USA was a free country, not someplace where injured scared people were tormented as if they are guilty of some crime. Think about it, this would never happen to an animal. If people would see an animal being treated the way some of us have been this entire country would go nuts.
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

pdworth2:
Quoting from your first post of this thread- "There are cases that are a nightmare but the majority might be a bit of a pain but workout ultimatley." You have no freaking clue what we go thru, you have the nerve to come here and disrupt everyone. I say AMEN to all of the other people who have posted in response to your ignorance of the true system. You say that the majority of the cases may be A BIT OF A PAIN, you have no idea. I was a very loyal employee who happened to work all the weekends, extra hours, took on extra responsibilities, and even am the chairperson of my companies safety committee. I happened to get injured during the course of my duties, once considered an asset to the company, now considered a liability. Next month will be a year since my injury, I am still having pain, I have had my TPD suspended due to going for my treatments, I have had my meds. unapproved because the adjuster didn't like the reason they were prescribed. I have payed out of pocket for them just to be able to continue working light duty with restrictions. I have had my doctor put under review by the W/C, for the meds and my treatments, I won that but have yet to recieve my money returned. I had to get a lawyer due to all of this, and he has filed petitions and sent letter's to the W/C lawyer, with not much response.
Now they are reviewing of all people my Aqua therapist, all because the W/C doesn't want to pay. They wasted almost $1000.00 on the first review, now they start another. Doesn't sound cost effective to me. They had me go for an IME that was so biased and for the W/C that there were 18 different places in his report that either were innacurate, wrong or out right lies. He said in a later letter, which he was dumb enough to have notarized, that he did a exam on me the day he had it notarized, which was provable to be a lie, because I was at work that day and then had PT. The people committing fraud are the W/C employees and their list of IME's and other so called independant medical experts, NOT THE INJURED WORKER!!! You need to rethink what your so called friend is telling you. I would also like to add that if there aren't enough sugar coated good result stories here, you always have the option of going somewhere else. The REAL W/C SYSTEM isn't all happily ever after. I have to go to PT 3x's/week, mechanical traction 3x's/week, Aqua therapy 2x's/week, use a TENS unit 5-7 hours a day, take meds, go to an Ortho doc, and a pain management doc, just to work when they have work in my restrictions, otherwise go with no pay. I could tell you of many other problems, but if you have read all the previous post as you stated, then you all ready know them.
Last week I was in a car accident after going to my pain doc. It was the other guys fault but, I would never have been in that area if it wasn't for my injury. My employer could care less, they just want to know if I'll have a note. People here care about each other and we are a family, and friends. I knew none of these people before, but have been brought into thier family and circle of friends, I would'nt have been able to make it for as long as I have without them. I would'nt trade them for any thing. Please have your facts straight before trying to make us feel like we are the ones that are wrong for being here. We do belong here, DO YOU??
Vickie

pdworth2 sounds like he/she is talking from the other side of the coin.
"Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain"

all the above post are well stated, I'm just wondering if pdworth11 and friend aren't some idiots that work for W.C....maybe they're adjusters trying to start something themselves, by making ridiculous statements...the notion that because your injuries aren't obvious says it all...he or she doesn't bother to state what they're injuries are/were and what kind of pain their in...NONE I'm sure....they both need to get a grip on reality...(good luck) I will be one that will not respond to this person anymore....

I see the last time pdworth was online was when they posted yesterday at 6:58 pm.

The first thread PD posted 10/25 tells about the injuries this person received. I don't know what to think about all this. Guess it is good they had such a great experience. I think he/she sure has a crappy way of puttin' it.

http://www.workerscompensationinfo.com/f...a0968f6fd8

Gonna

PD, I hope that we have been misunderstanding you. I think some of us are feeling like we are being called liars and fakes. If you did not mean it this way, I hope you will post a reply explaining what you meant. Trust me, if we have misunderstood, we won't hold it against you.

You don't hear very happy stories here because we have all had questions that no one else would answer or we have had problems with w/c. I came here because I couldn't find any information that I could understand anywhere. My employers wouldn't tell me how w/c works and neither would the i/c. I needed help and I needed to know my rights. People that don't have problems with w/c don't need a site like this.

Some injuries that you can't see hurt as bad as or worse than the ones you can see. I am sure that I am not in the most pain on this site, but I am in pain. I have had some relief since surgery, but not a lot. I had a herniated L4-L5 that also affected the L5-S1 nerve. Even four and a half months after surgery, I am still having back and leg pain and muscle spasms. If I do anything very strenuous I am in very bad pain for several days. Sometimes the pain you can't easily see affects you more than an obvious injury. I am going to school and have alot of problems sitting for class, having nighttime relations with my husband causes pain (I know, too much information) and my house has never been dirtier. Trust me, I would much rather be working and not injured. By the way, I had decided to go to school before I was injured and there was no way I was giving it up. If I didn't go when I started, I never would have went. I have had to take most of my classes online and I had to put a laptop on credit card to do that. So please don't give me any crap for going to school. It is completely within my restrictions.

I don't think most of us would mind being watched in public. It's when we feel like our homes are being invaded that we get upset. It isn't because we don't want someone seeing what we are doing. Most of us have families that we are worried about. I know my family has went through enough just dealing with my injury, they shouldn't have to be spied on too. I have never felt that I was being watched, but I can imagine that I would be upset if people were setting outside of my home with binoculars and a camera.

I am glad that your friends case went well and that yours is going well, but not everyone is that lucky. If we were, there would be no need for this part of this website.

I truly do wish you the best and if we have misunderstood, please let us know.

pdworth....Do you have any comments? Bet not.
Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Toungue 
I wouldn't get my underware all in a bunch over this post people.

Truely as you can see the person that started this Thread, is in a way repeating only what they heard from a sole called friend, that found them.

Maybe in time, this person will see the need for the purpose of this board.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA WC total denial, covering medical...HELP, ADVICE, PERSPECTIVE?! BrokenandBeaten 6 5,785 06-23-2014, 11:47 PM
Last Post: BrokenandBeaten