Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep perspective
First has anyone sucessfully settled their case?

Had a friend point something out. There are millions of WC cases every year. If a person has had a good outcome they will be involved with life and probably don't spend their time on this site.

I found but one posting that offered hope...it was about injuried workers who were able to go to school and start a career or use their settlements to start their own business.

There are cases that are a nightmare but the majority might be a bit of a pain but workout ultimatley.

I have a friend that was injured on the job and actually lost a leg. His injury was obvious and he got good care and was able to go back to school and know works for a company that goes after WC fraud. He does this because his case was a bit of a pain because of all the red tape caused by fraud. He states that a lot of the fraud is in exageration of claims. People think they found a big pay day with a minor injury. WC will not make you rich.

I welcome surveliance because they will catch all of those fraud/exageration people.

I have to questions those worried about surveliance. They are probably exagerating when in the doctors office and causing the rest of us our headaches.

REMEMBER...DID YOU POST HEAR BEFORE YOUR INJURY? IF NOT THEN THOSE WHO HAVE MOVED ON PROBABLY DO NOT POST HERE EITHER...SO WE ARE DENIED THESE ENCOURAGING STORIES.

There are a few people on here who have settled their cases. They stay because of friendships formed and they help the rest of us learn our rights and make it through this. Not everyone understands what their rights are in the w/c system and not all of the states have easily understood web sites. This site really does help people make it through w/c.

I don't think that everyone that worries about surveillance is lying or exagerating their injury. Some people may not like having their privacy invaded. I know I wouldn't want to have someone watching me and I am not lying or exagerating my injury. If I thought someone was watching me I would probably be PO'd.

I don't think that anyone should lie about an injury and I don't think companies should treat injured workers like they are lying. I agree that there are people who would pretend to be injured. Why they would do this I don't understand because you don't get rich on w/c, but there are also companies that know their employee was injured at work and they still try to get out of paying for their worker to get better.

I am hoping to be done with w/c before too long and I plan on sticking around here because of the friends I have made and hopefully I will be able to help another injured worker. When the time comes I will make sure everyone on here can read how my case turns out.

pdworth2 Wrote:First has anyone sucessfully settled their case?

Had a friend point something out. There are millions of WC cases every year. If a person has had a good outcome they will be involved with life and probably don't spend their time on this site.

I found but one posting that offered hope...it was about injuried workers who were able to go to school and start a career or use their settlements to start their own business.

There are cases that are a nightmare but the majority might be a bit of a pain but workout ultimatley.

I have a friend that was injured on the job and actually lost a leg. His injury was obvious and he got good care and was able to go back to school and know works for a company that goes after WC fraud. He does this because his case was a bit of a pain because of all the red tape caused by fraud. He states that a lot of the fraud is in exageration of claims. People think they found a big pay day with a minor injury. WC will not make you rich.

I welcome surveliance because they will catch all of those fraud/exageration people.

I have to questions those worried about surveliance. They are probably exagerating when in the doctors office and causing the rest of us our headaches.

REMEMBER...DID YOU POST HEAR BEFORE YOUR INJURY? IF NOT THEN THOSE WHO HAVE MOVED ON PROBABLY DO NOT POST HERE EITHER...SO WE ARE DENIED THESE ENCOURAGING STORIES.

pdworth2,
I do think you need to settle down a bit. You're presuming. Go back to the beginning of all posts here on the forum. READ and COMPREHEND to the present day. There are many of us who have not moved on. And there are those who have genuine suspicions to be concerned about surveillance --namely because of fraudulent employers and insurance companies who will do anything to save a buck.

amen many of us have settled(me) and I stay because I have met so many new friends and I stay to help those new who need my experience's with the royasl BS......I have had the PI's I also have x rays and disc o grams and witness to prove my injury..My case cost the IC money...but its not the money its the fact that in america if you go to work and work hard for your employer and you get hurt doing your job then they should by God stand by you.period
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Go to the off topic section of this forum. What you will see is IW's that have formed a bond supporting each other thru the daily challenges that each of us face.

I had injures to both knees two years ago and due to the lack of treatment I now need bilateral total knee replacements. My abnormal gait has effect my low back and I have S1 radiculpothy.

If a PI does surveliance of me then he is also watching my kids. I would then contact my brother-in-law whom is the sheriff and lives just up the road.

I posted here because I am new to the group and can't find many uplifting positions. I started falling into the trap of thinking all dealings with WC were nightmares and the IC's core purpose was to make money.

First thing, my IC is a quasi govermetal agencie and is non profit. They are under pressures to lower rates for employers so they do have to watch their bottom line. Im glad they do becasue by watching their bottom line they create more jobs for me when I am able to work.

This site sent me into a further slump because the vast majority of experience shown on this blog is nightmare scenarios. I wanted to give perspective.

The before mentioned friend found me in a funk and pointed out that the good outcomes are not posting on this site so it gives a grim perspective to new comers. There are those who settled quickly and moved on.

I just wanted to give a bit of hope and correct perspective.

My case has been handled efficently and with few underhanded tactics. I say a few because the adjuster has tried a couple of zingers. Because of this I do recommend getting a lawyer. I have read numerous articles and Colorado is suppose to rate as one of the worst states to be an injured worker but I was lucky enough to have a very obvious injury and avoid many of the problems others have had. I also worked for a privately owned small business which saved me from some headaches. In Colorado there is a no fault clause to WC cases so I benefit from not having to show any form of negligence on my employers part. My employer benefits because they have no liabilty for the injury. Their rates may go up for a few years but that is about it. This means my employer is not involved with the settlement to a great deal. Because it will effect his rates he does have to approve the final settlement amount but it won't come from his pocket. Large corporations will deny this kind of settlement because they would have to pay increased rates on every employee because of the settlement. The company I worked for had two full time employess (1 now that I am not able to return).

Anyway, I just wanted to say to any new people that there are good outcomes to WC...if your injury is going to keep you out of work or on modified duty for over 6 months get a lawyer (most work on a 20% contingency fee). Also, get one that is fair and only charges his contingency on non medical future awards...they are out there...I have one. Commerials and fancy offices cost lots of money so you won't find these guys on tv or in big law firms. You don't need either to be a good lawyer.

And on the surveliance...they can't film you in your home (at least in Colorado) so what is the worry about privacy. I admit I am suspicious of anyone who claims privacy when they are in public...what are you hiding. I would welcome surveliance so the valdity of my injury and the effects it has on my daily life can be verified and hopefully grease the process.

I don't mind someone following me around if that is how they want to waste thier money and time but the idiots were following my daughters and scaring them to death. This I will not tolerate.
My daughters will call the police and report someone following them and just keep driving until they see them get pulled over.
"Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain"

my little PI made the mistake of trying to set up in a neighbors field...we sicked the dogs on him......you are right the majority of "oh my I cut my cute little finger" gets their band aid and goes on.....you want depression sit in a damn WC court and see all the people losing their homes just cuz they went to work....if we are in the minorty then that great but for those of us that can and do lose everything this site is a life saver
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

pdworth2 let me start by saying I'm sorry you are a injured worker too. I can't help but wonder what is the point you are going for? to put things into perspective your buddy who works for the IC is wrong, there is less fraud in WC. People believe there is fraud because big corp who own the networks make fun of injured workers and they keep drilling into everyones head that there is fraud, the truth is allot of IC's try to give workers the shaft in care and in pay, I don't know if you had this done to you yet pdworth2 if ever you where made to feel like a criminal by trying to get the help you need have you been to a docs office and been laughed at by the nurses and have the nurses yell workers comp real loud like a plague in front of everyone in office?
How about when the IC withholds monies right at Christmas and you have kids? just so they can try to make you agree to a settlement when your not healed yet or you are still hurting?
Man I can go on and on I do not care of PI's I have nothing to hide I have a great nuero doc who has a great reputation he is one of 5 in the country to be on my side I cannot do or say enough of this man to help me as he did, I came to him hurting and in so much pain without anything for pain since the IC cut me off and said nothing wrong with me (yea right) I also have one of the best orthos in the country also on my side and a top pain doc also all on my side all I can say to you is that I do not trust the IC, sorry IC people but look at what you did to m
e.

I'd like to add, that you keep mentioning obvious injuries...well the ones you can't see are just as devasting as the obvious ones....when you can't get comfortable sitting, standing, laying down, walking, etc...it is a disgrace what the IC do to us....I was denied from the beginning for pay and medical, and it will be a year in December...I am not faking any injury of mine, and would love to jump at the chance to prove it!!!!!!..I have 2 months before they throw me out of my home, and my credit is shot to no end...I didn't deserve this...I resent how they have treated me..and the others on this forum...you are fortunate you worked for a good company and things are running smoothly for you, but do not judge us here...It is the wc employees and employers who are the fraudelent ones...but no one dare addressesthis situation on national television...you don't see any specials about investigators going into businesses to see it it is a safe enviroment or how the bosses take care of themselves, but screw the employee!!! I'd love to see that on 20/20 or any other investigative show....they're nothing but degenerates in my opinion....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA WC total denial, covering medical...HELP, ADVICE, PERSPECTIVE?! BrokenandBeaten 6 5,784 06-23-2014, 11:47 PM
Last Post: BrokenandBeaten