Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the new Discussion Forum
Big Grin 
Punk,

Thanxs for the welcome. I sure have missed being able to keep up with y'all here on the forum. But my schedule at work constantly changes.....and lately, it feels like I have spent more time with Dr's and nurses than I do with my boyfriend. Big Grin

They say that there is a twin out there for each of us, but it is possible that we could have met in the past. I served in the US Navy, and have lived all over the US as well as traveled a great deal of it. So one never knows ~LOL~

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

I love it! Where are the smiley faces? How can I put an avatar? Hey, am I a junior member too? Smile
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

Question 
Babe,
The smiley faces are to the left of the box and above where you are typing when replying to threads. Just click on the smiley from the left that you wish to use and it'll insert it for you. If you want to post an icon then you can check the box to the left of the smiley that you wish to use.
The avatars are in your User CP page. They are about midway down on your left. It will say, "Change Avatar"...click on that and proceed from there...just follow the prompts!
Hope this helps you a little!!!
Glad you found us!! Didn't Admin out-do themselves? LOL I just love all the new bells and whistles I've found and I'm sure I haven't found all of them yet!!! LOL
Punk   :0)
"If I were any better....I'd only be half as good as you!!"

Thanks Punk...when my son gets home I am going to have him download some avatars for me to select from. I love everything about the NEW BOARDS! YAHOOOOOOO!! :)
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

Nice job...awesome board with lots of new features.
Thanks!

admin:
I noticed some posters have "hot-linked" to images.
Do you think this might get to be a bandwidth issue at some point?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:admin:
I noticed some posters have "hot-linked" to images.
Do you think this might get to be a bandwidth issue at some point?

1171, Here is a long answer to a short but important question.

We hope not. We are watching it. WorkersCompensation.com is run from multiple dedicated servers, so we don't think this will be a problem. Over 15,000 people a day use many different areas on this site. We have ample bandwidth.

Some users have linked to images on other servers, which we prefer and does not cause any issues for us. FYI - This board is programmed to stop allowing access and other processes if processor load gets to a certain level. This is a cautionary measure to prevent a single application from taking an entire server down. To this point we have not even come close.

The board handled some rather frenetic first few days with impressive ease. Technically speaking, this is a much more efficient board than the old one.

We actually expect server load from the board to drop a bit as people get used to the features and get back down to daily business. Of course, indications are we may attract more members, so we'll keep an eye on it. If we do experience problems, we may have to look at balancing server load a little differently, or restricting some of the graphic options here. We've kept the allowances fairly high, and hope to be able to keep it that way.

thankx, glad you thought ahead and put in adequate capacity. I know a number of sites didn't plan ahead when they added extra graphic features and have had to block hot linking because of bandwidth.
now if you can just avoid hurricanes this season you ought to be good shape!
Thanx for the upgrades.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:now if you can just avoid hurricanes this season you ought to be good shape!

Thanks. We'll certainly do our best to avoid hurricanes, as we are on the Florida gulf coast. However, we should be more concerned with earthquakes, since our servers are all in southern California!

If a hurricane wipes us out, you all will be free to talk about it.... Cool

Actually the fires might be a worse threat. Too bad you can't send them some water as easily as a message.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1171, Others from California -- Discussion?? chrischris 12 6,424 09-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Last Post: DYAN1000
  Discussion Question for Attorneys lostinconnecticut 37 14,703 01-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Last Post: lostinconnecticut