Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern California is going up in smoke
655 homes destroyed,, 14 major fires, 3 of those are about to merge together. People are refusing to leave their homes which is a hindrance to the firefighters. Please pray that these are out soon. Over a 1/4 of a million people have been evacuated. I am in no danger but I don't know if others here might be. I think we have a few from up north, not sure about the burn areas though...does anyone know???
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

monster you are miles from San Diego and LA..is the fire reaching that far... oh my.. please keep us updated.... .... Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Red - It is nowhere near me...am just concerned about other members here who might be in harms way. Aother fire just started in Santa Clarita right behind a mobile home park. 2 mobiles went up in flames immediately and several cars burned while they were filming live. The choppers and planes aren't allowed up becuase of the winds right now and weren't for alot of the day, the firefighters are spread to thin...God help those who are in the path of this nightmare
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile

I just dunno, Monster. I just find it very difficult to feel sorry for the Hollywood elite out in Malabu. I see them with their hands to their faces as if in shock....and I wanna say, DUH! I mean HOW many times has the Santa Anna winds fueled fire to their surrounding neighborhoods and homes before? Several times! Hellooo! Shoot, Sean Penn's place burned to the ground a few years ago--and it's burning again along with others. And too, there are some stars who are refusing to leave--while the fire is all around them. If I were a mega-millionaire, I'd have more of a mind than to be so stupid, idiotic and senseless as to place my family in such danger! God!

Wink - If it were just Malibu I might feel the same... San Diego and surrounding areas are on fire big time. 1/4 of a million people evacuated is alot. The winds have downed a lot of power lines which have started some of the fires...arsonists have started others. I have a friend in the town of Ramona, she had to evacuate last night and the news said earlier the fire was so bad there that there may not even be a town to go back to...

You can compare Malibu to people who live in the path of tornados, hurricanes etc...none of us are immune from mother nature, there are also blizzards, earthquakes etc. I can't think of a single state that is immune from mother nature when she decides to lash out. It's kind of like New Orleans and living near the levy...sooner or later chit is gonna happen and it's happening here big time.

Lake Arrowhead area is also on fire and the bark beetles have done their job well...many pine trees are dead and all it takes is a spark to ignite one

Then there is the smoke inhalation issue...many who are miles away are suffering due to the smoke...it's really sad. not to mention all the animals that will die in this

Edited - we are having record wind gusts as well, one was recorded today at 112 mph

Well, right now on all the news channels, the main focus is on the hills of malubu. That's what I'm looking at. As far as natural disasters in other states, I would not live in those states--particularly the states where natural disasters are repetitive year after year after year after year! I live in a state where the odds of disasters not happening are much better.

It's sleepytime. Goodnite, me Monster.

Monster:
I have been watching the news about the fires and how quickly they are spreading. I hope Rholmes read this and responds if she is any where near that are. She is in San Bernardino, and I think that is quite a ways north, but these fires are spreading so fast. Governor Swartenager(spelling) called out for the military to help and is requesting neihboring states for help as well. This is one time I'm glad my daughter lives way up at the northen part of Ca.
Take care
Vickie

oh Monster my heart goes out to the state of california...those millionires will make out just fine but the normal people will lose everything as insurance companies go belly up.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Monster I hope you and everyone on the forum is ok..My heart goes out to everyone in CA that is a part of this terrible fires..MEL

I too have been watching the news about the fires. It seems that the Marines are being sent to help out.

Long story, but I have a daughter and grand son that I haven't seen in 7 years that the last I knew lived in San Diego. I have tried and tried to locate them with no luck. I am worried sick that they might be in the path of the fires and I wouldn't even know it. All I can do is put it in God's hand and pray for the best as I do for all those that are being affected by these fires. They are utterly devastating and make no distinctions as to whose homes and properties they destroy.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Southern Ten Commandments bodybuilder1958 1 1,594 08-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Last Post: sonny1