Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IME Questions NYS
I had a shoulder surgery over a year ago. I was out on WC for about 6 month (Rotator cuff).
I was paid I believe 80 percent of my wage when I was out. I am back to work even though having a tough time with shoulder improvement. My lawyer had me go see his IME and not my doctor. He has listed me as 50 percent loss if shoulder. I guess my question is why did I see the lawyers IME?
I also received a EC-81.7 form NOTICE REGARDING POSSIBLE AWARD FOR PERMANENT INJURY (SLU).
Not sure what all this stuff means. Is there ball moving now? Do I see the Employer IME next out do they just use the IME I just went to.
Thanks for any help.
Floyd

Could be many reasons; we’ll have to guess.
most likely your lawyer gets better results from this doc for him and his clients.
They’ll probably have you see a doctor that gets them better results.
Difficult to predict behavior of unknown people. There is not one strategy for every claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

My surgeon said I lost perhaps 45 percent so this guy was pretty accurate. My biggest complaint is I can't golf anymore. Lol
I'm getting older and having problems regrouping from injury.
I'm sure the Insurance company's IME will say 10 percent loss our something rediculous like that.
My lawyer did call back and said that my surgeon is too invested in his opinion of his own work. I want healing properly and it was getting personal with him. I had a full tear and a separated shoulder along with a bicep tear

it's not the % opinion; its more about the medical findings and other documentation that is used to support the opinion.
while there is some subjectivity in disability ratings, the impairment guidelines have to be followed.
http://www.wcb.ny.gov/2018-Impairment-Guidelines.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am in NYS. The laws have changed a bit beginning this year. The IME had new guidelines to follow I was told. Both him and my doctor agree on the loss of use. I have not seen the Insurance company doctor. I was told either they accept the IME report it have me go see their doctor. But this letter I got confused me. I think they were asking if I was seeking permanency which I'm not because I am sure I will be needing more medical attention down the line.
I just had carpel tunnel surgery and trigger finger surgery on the other arm believed to be a result of favoring my bad shoulder.
The Workers Comp board is aware of IME report, I guess now the insurance company has a certain time to respond.

Different injured body parts can reach maximum medical improvement at different times. Finalization of the claim can begin once all conditions have reached MMI.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

P.S. Being at MMI or receiving a disability award does not preclude the need for medical treatment. many conditions require maintenance medical care.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

They are treating them as separate events. I still need the other wrist to be operated on as well. I didn't go out on Comp for this injury and my lawyer said I should of. They sent me the forms to fill out after the fact