Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I Change Lawyer/Firm after 4+ yrs???
Hello

Can I change Lawyer and Law Firm after 4 years+ or add another law firm to my work compensation I been on since MAy 9 2014.   

This case is take so long to settle after they WC stopped my checks and medical attention to my Right Big Toe (2 Surgeries + Partial Numb + Nerve Damage) Right Knee (2 Surgeries + Numb)  and Left Knee (Drain +Pain Shot) despite swollen, popping n painful during walking.  

AM I stuck with my current lawyers/law firm or can I terminate them??   IF so will they turn all my paper work over to the new law firm???? 

Thank you 

Chicago Need Help!!!!

you can change lawyers at any time; fee is shared between all lawyers.
your new lawyer will request your file from the prior atty.
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(07-03-2018, 01:16 PM)1171 Wrote: you can change lawyers at any time; fee is shared between all lawyers.
your new lawyer will request your file from the prior atty.

1171, I am confused when you stated fee are shared between all lawyers?   After four 4+ still no court case.  Just continually followup with the artbiturary.  I went to the court to get the paper work and after 4 + years. They gave me my paper work FREE because it was only 6 sheets of paper.   I was shocked. I have many emails that I gave to them to be asking the Insurance n cook and their where no transcript of none of my concerns and wrong information on my IME.   My current lawyers they say they only take 25% out of my settlements..    

So therefore, If I go to a new law firm will my old law firm get 25% and the new law firm get 25% or the first law firm get nothing???   

Help!!!  ~ Chicago

“Sharing” the fee means the court will award part of the 25% to each of your attys,
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California Defense Firm Not Happy..... heatonsgal 2 985 06-15-2016, 06:46 PM
Last Post: heatonsgal
  Law Firm "Inattentive" Vinnyherman 1 1,086 07-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Why are all my documents and information coming from the Opposing Law Firm st. clare 3 1,754 10-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Group Of Lawyers In A Firm greenjob 2 2,579 09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Last Post: greenjob