Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I Change Lawyer/Firm after 4+ yrs???
Hello

Can I change Lawyer and Law Firm after 4 years+ or add another law firm to my work compensation I been on since MAy 9 2014.   

This case is take so long to settle after they WC stopped my checks and medical attention to my Right Big Toe (2 Surgeries + Partial Numb + Nerve Damage) Right Knee (2 Surgeries + Numb)  and Left Knee (Drain +Pain Shot) despite swollen, popping n painful during walking.  

AM I stuck with my current lawyers/law firm or can I terminate them??   IF so will they turn all my paper work over to the new law firm???? 

Thank you 

Chicago Need Help!!!!

you can change lawyers at any time; fee is shared between all lawyers.
your new lawyer will request your file from the prior atty.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-03-2018, 01:16 PM)1171 Wrote: you can change lawyers at any time; fee is shared between all lawyers.
your new lawyer will request your file from the prior atty.

1171, I am confused when you stated fee are shared between all lawyers?   After four 4+ still no court case.  Just continually followup with the artbiturary.  I went to the court to get the paper work and after 4 + years. They gave me my paper work FREE because it was only 6 sheets of paper.   I was shocked. I have many emails that I gave to them to be asking the Insurance n cook and their where no transcript of none of my concerns and wrong information on my IME.   My current lawyers they say they only take 25% out of my settlements..    

So therefore, If I go to a new law firm will my old law firm get 25% and the new law firm get 25% or the first law firm get nothing???   

Help!!!  ~ Chicago

“Sharing” the fee means the court will award part of the 25% to each of your attys,
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California Defense Firm Not Happy..... heatonsgal 2 1,085 06-15-2016, 06:46 PM
Last Post: heatonsgal
  Law Firm "Inattentive" Vinnyherman 1 1,160 07-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Why are all my documents and information coming from the Opposing Law Firm st. clare 3 1,853 10-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Group Of Lawyers In A Firm greenjob 2 2,673 09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Last Post: greenjob