Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injured Worker has not seen a PTP yet, its 8 months. Any ideas?
Hi, I spent a large part of my day with a friend at the ER because they do not have a PTP. Their lawyer has not found them a Primary doctor after eight months of being injured. When is it time to fire a lawyer because their lawyer is out of San Diego and took a case four hundred miles away. His lawyer has no idea what's going on because of the large quantity of cases. If someone picked a lawyer while they were not mentally sound can you get that lawyer removed? Is it normal not to have a PTP with a nasty injury going eight months in to their injury?

What is the normal course of finding a doctor, they did have a QME in Feb that said "You need to get in to a neurologist because your injury is serious" How can I help my friend find a lawyer who can help? Since I've been helping this lawyer has gone through seven paralegals all asking "Did the Carrier settle with you"? Its that bad, the lawyer asking if "Did the Carrier settle with you" when the person is injured and hurting. Does anyone know a honest lawyer in Northern California because my friend is suffering. Why do lawyers take on cases three or four hundred miles from their office?

Not saying firing a lawyer is the best idea, its the lack of medical treatment and large turn-over at this legal office making me wonder what is best for my friend. The Carrier can cut off their WC payments if the employee does not see a PTP for progress report. Do you think going to the ER is the same as getting a progress report from the PTP? Have you seen someone go almost a year without a PTP because I feel sorry someone with brain damage is not getting help.

I was wondering about their private insurance, can a injured worker go see a neurologist under their private insurance if their in total limbo? Sorry about asking so many questions, WC has become a nightmare with all the new regulations attacking honest lawyers and injured workers.

Others will join in.. but when I was hurt on the job, I saw my own family doctor at first... then I got my own surgeon and everything... It's not the lawyer's job to get a doctor for you. If your friend is on comp, go to their site and you can look up doctor's on there. That's how I got my surgeon.. he was listed on NYS comp site.
And if your friend can, he/she can look for a lawyer in their city and when one is found, they can send the other one a letter saying they no longer represent them. The lawyer I have now did just that for me.

(04-15-2018, 11:20 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Others will join in.. but when I was hurt on the job, I saw my own family doctor at first... then I got my own surgeon and everything... It's not the lawyer's job to get a doctor for you. If your friend is on comp, go to their site and you can look up doctor's on there. That's how I got my surgeon.. he was listed on NYS comp site.
And if your friend can, he/she can look for a lawyer in their city and when one is found, they can send the other one a letter saying they no longer represent them. The lawyer I have now did just that for me.

Hi, New York must be totally differnet than California's Workers Comp System because here's how things opperarte here.

1. Injured worker gets hurt and must see a doctor in the Carrier's MPN list.

2. Injured Worker must present a "Letter of Authorization" from Carrier or doctor will not treat the injured worker because doctors get ripped off all the time from Comp

3. Injured Workers get frustrated with Carrier or Adjuster denying medical treatment. They hire a lawyer because Adjusters refuse treatment

4. Insurance Carrier will not speak to Injured Worker because Injured Worker hired a lawyer to try to get medical treatment.

5. Private Insurance doctors are shying away from treating injured workers because they say "Its a worker comp injury, you must go through your Workers Comp to get treatment".

6. Therefore, if the Insurance Carrier refuses to provide authorization to see a neurologist and private insurance doctors will not provide a referral that leaves the patient to pay for their injury out of own pocket?

7. Workers Comp doctors are leaving the profession in California because they can make more money. Do you see what a total mess this is?

(04-16-2018, 01:20 PM)Billy Miller Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 11:20 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Others will join in.. but when I was hurt on the job, I saw my own family doctor at first... then I got my own surgeon and everything... It's not the lawyer's job to get a doctor for you. If your friend is on comp, go to their site and you can look up doctor's on there. That's how I got my surgeon.. he was listed on NYS comp site.

Hi, New York must be totally differnet than California's Workers Comp System because here's how things opperarte here.

2. Injured Worker must present a "Letter of Authorization" from Carrier or doctor will not treat the injured worker because doctors get ripped off all the time from Comp

3. Injured Workers get frustrated with Carrier or Adjuster denying medical treatment. They hire a lawyer because Adjusters refuse treatment

4. Insurance Carrier will not speak to Injured Worker because Injured Worker hired a lawyer to try to get medical treatment.

5. Private Insurance doctors are shying away from treating injured workers because they say "Its a worker comp injury, you must go through your Workers Comp to get treatment".

6. Therefore, if the Insurance Carrier refuses to provide authorization to see a neurologist and private insurance doctors will not provide a referral that leaves the patient to pay for their injury out of own pocket?

7. Workers Comp doctors are leaving the profession in California because they can make more money. Do you see what a total mess this is?

Your friend can ask his lawyer for a link to his MPN. He can find a doctor on it and then inform his attorney to send adjuster a letter requesting they authorize as PTP. If attorney ignores he can fire him and then deal directly with the adjuster. It does not appear having this attorney is helping him at this point.

If he cannot get treatment in the wc system he can call his private insurance and explain the situation and ask if it will be covered. He can always pay cash to see a doctor too.

I do wonder if this is a denied claim and that could be the reason why his attorney has not found him a doctor (unknown by post).

I don't know why he is having difficulties finding an attorney closer to him, especially with a brain injury. He should try contacting several attorney's on the California Applicant Attorney's site with their attorney search engine.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(04-17-2018, 08:38 PM)California_Help Wrote:

Your friend can ask his lawyer for a link to his MPN. He can find a doctor on it and then inform his attorney to send adjuster a letter requesting they authorize as PTP. If attorney ignores he can fire him and then deal directly with the adjuster. It does not appear having this attorney is helping him at this point.

If he cannot get treatment in the wc system he can call his private insurance and explain the situation and ask if it will be covered. He can always pay cash to see a doctor too.

I do wonder if this is a denied claim and that could be the reason why his attorney has not found him a doctor (unknown by post).

I don't know why he is having difficulties finding an attorney closer to him, especially with a brain injury. He should try contacting several attorney's on the California Applicant Attorney's site with their attorney search engine.

His injury is accepted body part, his lawyer told him "your insurance company will not provide me with a list of local MPNs". The list is online, just like you said! I told him "I will drive you to Los Angeles if that's what your lawyer wants" but his lawyer has never replied. Someone is badly wrong because the QME I drove him to said "How come your not seeing a neurologist"? Neurologist QME was not happy his lawyer has not found him a PTP. I took him to a neuro-psychologist, they were shocked no PTP has been located.

Would another lawyer take him this far in to his case? The lawyer is taking on too many cases for my friend to get any meaningful representation. When is it time to cut your loses and find another lawyer in your humble opinion?

(04-19-2018, 09:44 PM)Billy Miller Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 08:38 PM)California_Help Wrote:

His injury is accepted body part, his lawyer told him "your insurance company will not provide me with a list of local MPNs". The list is online, just like you said! I told him "I will drive you to Los Angeles if that's what your lawyer wants" but his lawyer has never replied. Someone is badly wrong because the QME I drove him to said "How come your not seeing a neurologist"? Neurologist QME was not happy his lawyer has not found him a PTP. I took him to a neuro-psychologist, they were shocked no PTP has been located.

Would another lawyer take him this far in to his case? The lawyer is taking on too many cases for my friend to get any meaningful representation. When is it time to cut your loses and find another lawyer in your humble opinion?

It depends upon the case and the attorney. I have seen injured workers have several attorney's. Has he tried contacting attorney's near him? It is up to your friend if he wants to hire another attorney and cut his losses. I would have been out of there long ago (JMO).

He may be able to get the MPN link from his HR department too if he cannot find it online. Has he tried? Also, not all employers have MPN's.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A good read for an Injured Worker Shadow 8 1,180 02-06-2018, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Shadow
  lawyer has not found my brother a PTP after Four Months in Ca? Billy Miller 6 995 02-01-2018, 11:50 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Injured worker in NC with questions Ticard76 9 1,340 08-20-2017, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Ticard76
  Texas worker injured question Superman1978 2 905 04-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Last Post: 1171
  2 months since IME appointment jojo87 6 1,222 03-27-2017, 03:54 PM
Last Post: jojo87
  2 months since IME appointment jojo87 0 475 03-26-2017, 03:16 PM
Last Post: jojo87
  CALIFORNIA- 1CM HNP, L4,L5,S1, OUT 10 MONTHS- HOW MUCH LONGER hardwey 2 874 02-22-2017, 03:28 PM
  Settling Attorney liens CA injured worker cainjuredworker15 8 2,433 02-14-2017, 01:21 AM
  CA injured worker - declared P&S - now what? BB019 41 12,838 07-09-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BB019
  CA Injured Worker - Overturn MMI Report? Daimhin 11 4,959 06-14-2016, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Daimhin