Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don’t know what to do
Wink 
Good evening. I am not sure if this post is allowed in here and I apologize in advance if it is not. I was injured on the job 10 weeks ago. I was hit by a 1 ton flatbed pickup truck and was crushed between a wall and the truck. My diagnoses was a broken pelvis and ( as of yet ) undiagnosed back injury. Workman’s Comp denied my claim right out of the gate and I have had no medical treatment since then. I am in a terrible limbo. I don’t know why it was denied. I am hurt with no medical insurance, I am unable to be cleared for work , assuming I could, and have no income. All my lawyer can say is that this might take some time. Where does this leave me and what can I do. For the record I want to work and I love what I do. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Missi

You can obtain treatment at your own expense and seek reimbursement when the claim is settled.
You still have your rights to file a civil suit against the opposing driver/vehicle owner.
You can request a written denial from your emloye/carrier; they are required to provide the reason.
Some states have disability insurance insurance for non- industrial claims. You did not post your state so I can't advise you if that's possible.
"Footer/signature" used in all my posts:
........Each state has their own comp system. We need to know which state the claim was filed in to provide accurate information.........

(04-14-2018, 09:24 PM)1171 Wrote: You can obtain treatment at your own expense and seek reimbursement when the claim is settled.
You still have your rights to file a civil suit against the opposing driver/vehicle owner.
You can request a written denial from your emloye/carrier; they are required to provide the reason.
Some states have disability insurance insurance for non- industrial claims. You did not post your state so I can't advise you if that's possible.

I am sorry. I live in ms and Job was in Louisiana. My pelvis is slowly healing and I can walk again, with a limp. The thing that I worried about is my back. I don’t have insurance and I am not sure I will be able to get a provider that will work with me. It just boggles my mind that without having even spoken to me or gotten my statement they just dismissed it at will. I don’t know how I will be cleared to even go back to work. I do industrial construction at refineries and chemical plants. Not always for the fainthearted. It is also a small world and many people know about it s who would hir me ? I am just confused by this whole process.

(04-14-2018, 09:37 PM)Justmeinms Wrote:
(04-14-2018, 09:24 PM)1171 Wrote: You can obtain treatment at your own expense and seek reimbursement when the claim is settled.

I am sorry. I live in ms and Job was in Louisiana. My pelvis is slowly healing and I can walk again, with a limp. The thing that I worried about is my back. I don’t have insurance and I am not sure I will be able to get a provider that will work with me. It just boggles my mind that without having even spoken to me or gotten my statement they just dismissed it at will. I don’t know how I will be cleared to even go back to work. I do industrial construction at refineries and chemical plants. Not always for the fainthearted. It is also a small world and many people know about it s who would hir me ? I am just confused by this whole process.

And thank you for your reply.

Thank you for your response

You do need to find out the reason for the denial. If they gave false information its grounds for fraud against the employer or carrier
........Each state has their own comp system. We need to know which state the claim was filed in to provide accurate information.........

Neither state provides non-industrial diasbility insurance.

(04-14-2018, 11:50 PM)1171 Wrote: Neither state provides non-industrial diasbility insurance.

It was filed in Louisiana sir. I am still not privy to the reason for denial. I do know that the day after my accident my boss called me at 3:45 am for me to come in for “ light duty .” We had a fight about it. I work in a refinery.

Taking a dangerous job in a state with poor worker protection laws and having no health insurance is very risky behavior. You put yourself and your health in a bad situation with few alternatives.
Talk to your atty about deposing the employer to find out why they denied your claim. You ca also send the employer/ carrier a written request for a copy of their denial.

(04-15-2018, 10:54 AM)1171 Wrote: Taking a dangerous job in a state with poor worker protection laws and having no health insurance is very risky behavior. You put yourself and your health in a bad situation with few alternatives.
Talk to your atty about deposing the employer to find out why they denied your claim. You ca also send the employer/ carrier a written request for a copy of their denial.

Thank you