Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surgery
NYS-my pain management doctor and IME doctor both testified in comp court in July as to whether I could go through a lumbar SCS trial. Judge ruled in my favor and I went through the trial in August with 60% relief. Back in September I met with the surgeon who explained to me that the paddles for the stimulator would be placed in the thoracic region to treat lumbar and lower extremity pain. She requested approval of an MRI of thoracic spine and implant of SCS with partial disectomy of thoracic for paddle placement. Now the carrier and comp board have denied both because the thoracic spine is not a established body part. My doctor has resent a MG2 and explained the need for the paddle placement to be in the thoracic region. Guess my lawyer will have to request another hearing. Has anyone else been through this same situation? Or have any thoughts to why it was denied? Thanks for any help

I had mine for the lower back and have 2 scars... first is in the left hip pocket area that had the battery and the second is in the middle of my back (T area) that the wires and paddles were inserted... When I had it removed, the surgeon used the same scars...
What do they think the surgeon is gonna do... insert the wires and paddles into the lower back area?? I know that's how they did the trial on me.. but they have to insert those wires down your spinal canal...

and yes... NYS here too..

It gets even harder to believe because they sent me to an IME in October and he agreed that the SCS was need and even mentioned in his report about partial disectomy for paddle placement in the thoracic spine. It’s been 9 years since I got hurt and it seems like everyday it gets harder and harder to get approved for anything.

When I had my 3rd IME, that one said he couldn't believe the Carrier or Comp approved mine. Said that is usually the last thing to try before surgery. The 4th IME is now trying to say there is nothing wrong with me and it's all in my head.... LOL and this one is a Ortho Surgeon, but only works on wrists and knees... not the spine...
My own surgeon and pain management is saying there is nothing more they can do.. surgeon even said surgery won't help, but refuses to fill out the MMI forms that is now being demanded by the Comp Judge.. But his P.A says I'm still being treated so the forms can't be done... The way I carry myself cause of the lower back is now affecting my right hip. She thinks there is a Laberal Tear in there and I go in for an injection tomorrow.. Doubt that will help since any of the other back injections haven't..

Good luck getting them to approve it. Wish they could walk in our shoes for a month just to see what we go through.

I wish they could to. Good luck to you and I hope the injection at least gives you some relief.

(02-14-2018, 10:27 AM)redsoxfan Wrote: I wish they could to. Good luck to you and I hope the injection at least gives you some relief.

I updated my thread....  you'll get a laugh out of it..