Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help
So I went to the Doctor today and he said surgery is too risky for me and that I may end up worst then I am now. I'm fine with this . What bothers me is I can't do the type of work I was doing before . He said he is going to request a text called a FCE exam . I just don't know what to do ? He said I will most likely have to have a surgery when I'm older . How will I pay for it ?

some states can award future treatment. what is your state?
if you don't put your location in your profile, put it in every new thread.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-08-2018, 07:44 PM)1171 Wrote: some states can award future treatment. what is your state?
if you don't put your location in your profile, put it in every new thread.

Sorry Louisiana . I just don't know where to go from here . I don't think ill every be able to work in my field again .

You will have to change jobs to fit your work restrictions.
You will be entitled to some additional supplemental earnings benefits if you are not able to return to pre injury wages.
More information here
http://www.laworks.net/FAQs/FAQ_WorkComp...lities.asp
Louisiana also has vocational rehabilitation services available.
Contact the commission for help.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-09-2018, 12:43 AM)1171 Wrote: You will have to change jobs to fit your work restrictions.
You will be entitled to some additional supplemental earnings benefits if you are not able to return to pre injury wages.
More information here
http://www.laworks.net/FAQs/FAQ_WorkComp...lities.asp
Louisiana also has vocational rehabilitation services available.
Contact the commission for help.

My doctor wants to sent me to get a FCE . Is this something I should do ? Also what about my doctor saying I will most likely need a surgery one day . Will WC have to pay for that ?

A functional capacity examination is used by Louisiana to help determine permanent impairment. It's a standard testing process in some states.
Maybe; it,ll depend on your mdical condition during the interim. Work comp is only responsible for the original work injury not aggravations or subsequent injuries. It'll depend on what the doctors say At the time of the surgery.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-09-2018, 01:47 AM)1171 Wrote: A functional capacity examination is used by Louisiana to help determine permanent impairment. It's a standard testing process in some states.
Maybe; it,ll depend on your mdical condition during the interim. Work comp is only responsible for the original work injury not aggravations or subsequent injuries. It'll depend on what the doctors say At the time of the surgery.

That's what i asked my lawyer and he said it would factor into a settlement . I really was hoping I would do the surgery and work towards getting better and get back into my field if not the same job .But like my girlfriend said doctors make money off surgery and if he thinks i will be worse after doing one then its most likely for the best . I really didn't want to do pain management but I guess that's what i have to do . Sure don't want my neck stuck in the downward position like he said could happen. I still have the issue with the migraines and shocks to my head . I'm requesting to see if he will refer me to neurologist . I guess i will do the test and do the best I can which after what happen at PT I don't believe will be much. I read online you have to watch who gives u the exam because most favor Wc . I will hope for the best . I feel a lot better after reading the info provided for you . I don't know if I ever thanked you but thanks bud.

You are very welcome.
It's generally good to get a second medical opinion when making a major decision.
Be well.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I’m in Alabama and have gotten my FCE TESULTS THEY ARE AT 8% for my slipped disk how is a settling figured and how can I determine the amount

You need a report from a doctor giving your permanent partial disability rating based on the approved AMA rating guidelines.
The FCE is only a test and not a medical determination of disability.
That doctors rating is used to calculate additional Benefits.
See page 10 of the claims manual
https://labor.alabama.gov/docs/guides/wc...ndling.pdf

You should start a new thread for separate questions.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.