Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body parts in MSA and settlement docs don't match
(02-05-2018, 12:44 AM)Shadow Wrote: Taken from United Health of California

Workers Comp Exclusion from coverage.

Result from or in the course of employment for wage or profit, if the covered person is insured, or is required to be insured, by workers’ compensation insurance pursuant to applicable state or federal law. If you enter into a settlement that waives a covered person’s right to recover future medical benefits under a workers’ compensation law or insurance plan, this exclusion will still apply.

See Here :

http://www.medicalquotefinder.com/compan...mitations/

I guess United Health is also in violation of the ACA with their policy exclusions regarding pre existing conditions / work injuries ?

That link is for brokers who sell insurance as 3rd parties and is not connected to these insurance companies. I asked if they worked for the insurance companies they list and was told no they are separate. I called them this morning and asked about the info they posted on their site was accurate about not covering previous work related injuries. I was placed on hold for a long time then hung up on. I tried calling back several times and was sent to a voicemail.

Goingback I recommend checking with your own insurance company as these policies appear to differ. My private insurance will cover it but Shadows will not.

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-i...er_8129797
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(02-05-2018, 01:55 PM)California_Help Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 12:44 AM)Shadow Wrote: Taken from United Health of California

Workers Comp Exclusion from coverage.

Result from or in the course of employment for wage or profit, if the covered person is insured, or is required to be insured, by workers’ compensation insurance pursuant to applicable state or federal law. If you enter into a settlement that waives a covered person’s right to recover future medical benefits under a workers’ compensation law or insurance plan, this exclusion will still apply.

See Here :

http://www.medicalquotefinder.com/compan...mitations/

I guess United Health is also in violation of the ACA with their policy exclusions regarding pre existing conditions / work injuries ?

That link is for brokers who sell insurance as 3rd parties and is not connected to these insurance companies. I asked if they worked for the insurance companies they list and was told no they are separate. I called them this morning and asked about the info they posted on their site was accurate about not covering  previous work related injuries. I was placed on hold for a long time then hung up on. I tried calling back several times and was sent to a voicemail.

Goingback I recommend checking with your own insurance company as these policies appear to differ. My private insurance will cover it but Shadows  will not.

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-i...er_8129797

How Silly ! 

United Healthcare of California does not cover work related conditions regardless of wheather the policy is purchased through a broker or an agent. My oldest brother has them in a group policy.

Please show me a policy that I can see with own eyes that does .. if your carrier does ; why not simply say who they are. Maybe others would like to purchase the policy . You would be doing us all a great service here.

Oh and I'm sure people are going to there doctors and telling the truth about how they took a C and R , bought a new car , and need their work injury covered. 

Millions and millions are being paid out by private insurers to cover excluded work injuries . It's going to cripple the industry .They'll have to stop it . The private insures will send out questionnaires and require attestations. Start auditing claims.

Making two claims , with two different insurance,companies for the same loss is fraud. Commonly know as double dipping.

No one can produce a policy that does not exclude a work related injury . I mean no one !! Show me one .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "admitted" body part vs. "accepted"; What's the difference? Seeking Help 3 630 02-04-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: goingback
  Multiple body parts RickettK321 3 939 01-17-2018, 05:14 AM
Last Post: jadney65
  AME for DOI and additional body parts, TTD capped Leah 24 6,839 04-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Question about whole body rating conversion in Connecticut Linic0228 1 812 03-23-2017, 09:17 PM
  TWO claims same body part queenlee 7 1,863 01-22-2017, 10:38 PM
  MMI @ 5% whole Body Impairment rating johntdaballa 3 5,521 11-03-2015, 03:55 PM
  Partially Denied Multiple Body Parts Claims. Please HELP! neckpain101 6 3,970 07-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Hurting in my pockets and body in georgia!!! alvinf478 1 2,248 02-25-2015, 08:46 PM
  ten percent Whole body impairment sgoad0213 3 5,454 02-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Last Post: sgoad0213
  mmi for one body part and not the others hamrs_62 9 7,263 06-14-2013, 07:07 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62