Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distal bicep tear in Arkansas
I had a complete tear of my distal bicep tendon on my right arm, I’m right handed. I had surgery 4 days later. Can anyone tell me of their personal experience with the same injury? Will they offer a settlement of any kind when this is all over?

whether there will be additional disability payments depends on your recovery. If after you reach maximum improvement your physician believes you will have some permanent impairment, the extent of the impairment will be rated and used to determine the amount of additional payments.
You can get more detailed information directly from the Arkansas work comp commission
http://www.awcc.state.ar.us/forms.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-22-2018, 10:56 PM)1171 Wrote: whether there will be additional disability payments depends on your recovery. If after you reach maximum improvement your physician believes you will have some permanent impairment, the extent of the impairment will be rated and used to determine the amount of additional payments.
You can get more detailed information directly from the Arkansas work comp commission
http://www.awcc.state.ar.us/forms.html

This is all just so confusing. I’m a therapist and hurt it at work. Most bicep tears heal but if I’m lifting on 300lb guys the “odds” of it happening again are probably pretty good. I’m not sure what they would consider permanent? I’ll have strength deficits for a long time but should gain close to full ROM. What happens if they don’t give me anything and it happens again. WC will only be paying me about half of my weekly pay due to the cap on weekly checks from what I understand. Has anyone out there actually torn a bicep and been through the process?

You are confused because you lack information.
The link I gave you shows how to contact the legal advisor, they may provide more detailed information to specific questions.
You can file new claim after every work injury.
Atrophy, grip loss, range of motion, strength, etc are used by the AMA impairment guides for Arkansas .
Talk to your doctor; if they don!t have a copy of the guides, try a medical library.
If the permanent impairment affects your future earnings, wage loss benefit are available.
http://www.awcc.state.ar.us/laqabrochure.pdf
Comp benefits are specific, fixed, and limited by law.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Meniscus Tear Rt Leg LimpRtKnee 4 303 09-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Labral Tear Tennessee elifinoasaurus 1 1,090 02-05-2017, 01:39 PM
  SLAP Tear Tennessee dookiestinks18 6 1,895 12-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  rotator cuff tear...please advise :) maggiemae4321 3 4,228 01-23-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: workcomptired
  need new dr. my last dr. died ( arkansas) boutrede2give^ 1 1,419 07-10-2012, 01:37 PM
  having issues finding a doctor in NW Arkansas 14me 1 3,777 04-23-2012, 08:58 PM
  Bulging Disks, Annular Tear, Doctor Says Back to Work Georgedroy 7 12,178 11-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Last Post: NYScomp
  Complex Meniscus Tear and Arthritis=WC Covered Total Knee Replacement allison 5 16,528 04-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Exclamation IN ARKANSAS...NEW & need help/info! amarie75 7 4,265 07-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  R/ shoulder rotator cuff tear jsbbull 2 13,196 03-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Last Post: jsbbull