Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Workers Compensation
Greetings one and all.

I must say that I am sorry to see all the new members. I have been here before.

The reason for my return is that I have another injury. I fought back against the first and returned to work.

Since the last time I was here, I now have a nerve injury and I no longer have the information that I had before.

Does anyone know how long someone has to file a workers compensation claim in Texas?

My boss knows about the injury as well as the EHS (Environmental, health and safety) officer.

Any input would be great full.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Claim for workers’ compensation must be filed by the injured employee or by a person acting on the injured employee’s behalf within one year of the date of injury or within one year from the date the injured employee knew or should have known the injury or disease may be work-related.
http://www.tdi.texas.gov/forms/dwc/dwc04...rstrpt.pdf
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

AQA how are you? sorry to hear you have a new injury after all you’be been through and the effort that was put into getting your degree and back to work. What an encouragement you are. Are you off work now or stil working?

I’ve also had a new injury which I haven’t mentioned here yet but it’s not work related. That alone is half the battle not fight the WC crazy system. I completely tore my medial knee ligament which in turn dislocated my patella. Surgery was hard. Brought on a new occurrence of CRPS in the entire leg and foot, and spread to opposite limb before it was diagnosed. So now I have the CRPS in 3 limbs. Treatment has changed since my WC injury and CRPS and I’m going to Stanford medical. Well that’s enough about me. What’s your story.
Let Go, and Let God......

Thank You 1171.

Hey C.C., sorry to hear about your condition. I truly hope all goes well.

I am still working. My situation is that the left hand and at times the left fore arm goes to sleep. It only does it when I am seated or standing still. I have found that if I lean back when I am seated that the pins and needle feeling goes away. It is real hard to drive at times because I sit upright when I do.

This all started when I decided to help out my team at work and was working inside a 4 foot by 4 foot chamber and I move a motor hand (about 200 pounds).

The good news is that I had an E.M.G. and it does not appear to be a cervical injury, but there appears to be some damage to the brachial plexus.

Hopefully in the next few weeks, something can be figured out as far as a plan of attach.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

So sorry AQA. Thanks for the update and I hope you get the care you need to fully recuperate.

I feel I was fortunate to take an early retirement when I did. Prior to retiring I went back for a year and had terrible guilt feelings about being out so often whether it for for a doctors appt, PT, or just down and out. I really felt like I was a liability to my employer and I know they thought so too.

Take care, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you.
Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ca Adjuster will not pay Workers Compensation Benefits on Approved Claim. What to do? Billy Miller 4 564 02-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Workers’ Compensation junkhunter35 1 406 10-08-2017, 12:35 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Texas workers comp questions Kappa6m3 3 1,173 08-07-2017, 11:34 PM
  Workers Comp in texas kerry_curtis@sbcglobal.net 1 1,005 05-10-2017, 12:42 PM
  Difficulties of Surgery in Workers’ Compensation bugmann 8 4,734 01-20-2017, 09:40 PM
Last Post: queenlee
  Previous Workers Compensation case. Mustang229 2 1,088 01-08-2017, 04:49 PM
  Texas: Nobody takes out-of-state Workers Comp Insurance. HELP!!! johnnywishbone 3 2,015 04-09-2016, 09:14 PM
  workers compensation overpayment stecam78 7 5,441 04-19-2015, 09:03 PM
  Propublica article about workers compensation California_Help 4 2,748 04-01-2015, 02:18 PM
  Workers Compensation Neglect jfmotoman1 17 17,250 03-31-2015, 01:35 AM