Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA)
Most attys when dealing with other jurisdictions, associate with another atty within the jurisdiction who Is familiar wth the rules &procedures. Generally they share the fee. Is your atty getting help?
Are you going to be talking to atty familiar wth Cali comp?
You can find comp attys here
Caaa.org
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(03-03-2018, 02:48 PM)1171 Wrote: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/sjdb/SJDB_FAQ.html
http://www.dir.ca.gov/RTWSP/RTWSP.html

I'm not eligible for the second link. My injury was in Dec of 12. I am eligible for the top link, my attorney won't get me it. I've asked for a year.

What if I disagree with the claims administrator about the SJDB voucher?

A: You can file a Request for Dispute Resolution form with the DWC. The form will be reviewed by the Administrative Director and a decision will be issued. When filling out the form, please clearly state the issues and identify supporting information for each issue and position. Please attach all pertinent documents. Send the "Request for Dispute Resolution" form to:

State of California
Department of Industrial Relations
Division of Workers' Compensation
Attention: SJDB
P.O. Box 420603
San Francisco, CA 94142

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/forms/SJDB/10133.55.pdf
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(03-03-2018, 09:47 PM)1171 Wrote: What if I disagree with the claims administrator about the SJDB voucher?

A: You can file a Request for Dispute Resolution form with the DWC. The form will be reviewed by the Administrative Director and a decision will be issued. When filling out the form, please clearly state the issues and identify supporting information for each issue and position. Please attach all pertinent documents. Send the "Request for Dispute Resolution" form to:

State of California
Department of Industrial Relations
Division of Workers' Compensation
Attention: SJDB
P.O. Box 420603
San Francisco, CA 94142

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/forms/SJDB/10133.55.pdf

MSC meeting update: they didn't offer anymore money. They won't budge. My treatments are in denial at this point in time, attorney says they probably won't be approved and to use personal insurance. Personal Insurance won't take me for my work comp injury and they are onto me for it. So that means I will be without medical care. 
Attorney said they "agreed to ask for a voucher" but it "may or may not happen" but he is "hopeful it will"
QME is being depoed, yet again next month to try and change my TTD status four years ago. They don't want to pay out. 
Fun.

yup. unless you can improve your chances at trial they are not likely to offer more.
Signature/Reminder :

your atty doesn't want to go to trial so you have few options.
Signature/Reminder :

PDA stopped suddenly. I've been nice to the claims administrator and not reported them for late payments. I think I'll report her for my year late payment

I am going through emails from my attorney and last year he sent an email to defense, that he CC'd to me. It said please pay all penalties as well as interest. How is interest calculated? I want to get my ducks in a row before I report my claims administrator via email. I am about to send out 4 different emails to report her for 4 different offenses

Also, I am pretty sure this is still an accurate statement:
"For injuries occurring January 1, 2005 to December 31, 2012 (eliminated for injuries occurring January 1, 2013 or later):

PD payments increase by 15 percent effective 60 days after the P&S date if the employer has 50 or more employees and does not make a timely offer of return to work. In this situation, the increased PD rate may exceed the TD rate."

That never happened either. So they owe me 15 percent plus percentage for being a year late

Labor Code 5814:
(g) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no action may be brought to recover penalties that may be awarded under this section more than two years from the date the payment of compensation was due.
http://workcompanalysisgroup.com/?page_i...20Statutes
Signature/Reminder :

P.s. Interest is only paid on awards of the court.
Signature/Reminder :

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier.... tbear6410 135 25,693 04-14-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,695 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,670 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 2,608 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  NC State WC employees and State Employee bonus CuriousOneNC 1 1,706 01-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,248 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 4,902 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 5,194 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,227 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds
  Comp Carrier heynow 7 5,612 06-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Last Post: bronco54501