Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ime
I have a IME coming up and my question is can he remove my current work restrictions placed by my doctor and put me back to full duty?

He can only give a medical opinion.
Only the carrier/employer can decide whether it is strong enough evidence to Stop disability benefits.
Whether you decide to return to work or the employer is willing to take you back is not upto the carrier.
It is very rare that a carrier would ignore such a medical opinion.
The policyholder- your employer - would be highly critical of  a carrier that refused to stop benefits when a doctor reported that the employee can work. The employer would likely file a complaint and cancel their policy if that happened.
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(11-18-2017, 12:43 PM)1171 Wrote: He can only give a medical opinion.
Only the carrier/employer can decide whether it is strong enough evidence to Stop disability benefits.
Whether you decide to return to work or the employer is willing to take you back is not upto the carrier.
It is very rare that a carrier would ignore such a medical opinion.
The policyholder- your employer - would be highly critical of  a carrier that refused to stop benefits when a doctor reported that the employee can work. The employer would likely file a complaint and cancel their policy if that happened.

Wisconsin

https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/wc/medical/ime.htm
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........