Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from an oldie
Wink 
Smile Hi everyone and especially to those who were here when I was a regular.  I can’t tell you how much this forum helped me during a great time of need.  I was injured in early 2006 and all was ok at work for awhile but when I needed answers this is the very first place I found. Had never been on a forum before but I was welcomed immediately. I did briefly log into a couple other forums but quickly found this one was different.  Many a day I would come here with such a heavy heart and someone would make me laugh or offer words of comfort.  I am forever grateful to 1171 who was bluntly honest but became someone I knew I could depend on for factual answers and even advice.  We often had so much fun here that it made us forget our woes, even for just a little while.  I tried my hand at WC advocacy and even started a blog but like everything else I’ve attempted since post injury, I find my mind is willing but can’t concentrate for very long.  I just quit doing things that I couldn’t put 100% of myself into.  However, I have a heart for injured workers and do wish I could be helpful.  

My work injury was carpal tunnel with compressed medium nerve all the way up to my neck. I had two surgeries from this injury which was considered a double crush injury.  Carpel tunnel release and ACDF C5-7.  The surgeries were successful and I really took very little time off work.  What really knocked me on my butt was I developed CRPS in my entire left extremity. Working with the undiagnosed pain and coupled with undiagnosed depression and now supervisor starting to harass me in so many ways, I couldn’t take it and ended up having a complete breakdown at work.  Off work 18 months during which time I was diagnosed with the CRPS and Major Depression and Anxiety.  Without the grace of God and a lot of help by a wonderful psychologist, I did recover and went back to work until I retired.  We’ll I'm Sure  you’re out are all tired of me by now but i just want To encouragement any of you who feel life is no longer worth living that there is hope.  I have more to say but my phone is slowing down and needs a break.  Thanks for listening.
Let Go, and Let God......

(11-07-2017, 01:51 AM)chrischris Wrote: Smile Hi everyone and especially to those who were here when I was a regular.  I can’t tell you how much this forum helped me during a great time of need.  I was injured in early 2006 and all was ok at work for awhile but when I needed answers this is the very first place I found. Had never been on a forum before but I was welcomed immediately. I did briefly log into a couple other forums but quickly found this one was different.  Many a day I would come here with such a heavy heart and someone would make me laugh or offer words of comfort.  I am forever grateful to 1171 who was bluntly honest but became someone I knew I could depend on for factual answers and even advice.  We often had so much fun here that it made us forget our woes, even for just a little while.  I tried my hand at WC advocacy and even started a blog but like everything else I’ve attempted since post injury, I find my mind is willing but can’t concentrate for very long.  I just quit doing things that I couldn’t put 100% of myself into.  However, I have a heart for injured workers and do wish I could be helpful.  

My work injury was carpal tunnel with compressed medium nerve all the way up to my neck. I had two surgeries from this injury which was considered a double crush injury.  Carpel tunnel release and ACDF C5-7.  The surgeries were successful and I really took very little time off work.  What really knocked me on my butt was I developed CRPS in my entire left extremity. Working with the undiagnosed pain and coupled with undiagnosed depression and now supervisor starting to harass me in so many ways, I couldn’t take it and ended up having a complete breakdown at work.  Off work 18 months during which time I was diagnosed with the CRPS and Major Depression and Anxiety.  Without the grace of God and a lot of help by a wonderful psychologist, I did recover and went back to work until I retired.  We’ll I'm Sure  you’re out are all tired of me by now but i just want To encouragement any of you who feel life is no longer worth living that there is hope.  I have more to say but my phone is slowing down and needs a break.  Thanks for listening.

While I am sorry for what you have been through, your story is also inspirational.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Welcome back chrischris!

Welcome back!