Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll over car accident at work
Sad 
While I was at work my work vehicle was hit by a drunk driver and rolled over 4 times, my partner had to kick the window out and pull me to safty because our vehical was on fier, i was unconscious and taken away from the scene in a ambulance, it was on the news and everything. I was severely hurt with multiple head injuries and a Partial dismemberment to my ear. I was in surgery for 17 hours and in the hospital for months and now 6 months later I'm still recovering from it. It seems every Avenue I've tried to take to get any compansation at all for all my injeries seems to lead to a dead end. I went after the guy that hit me but he only had a $15,000 policy and my Workers compensation will be taking all of it. I dont know what else to do and I don't feel like my lawyers are really trying to help me.

Workers compensation should be making compensation payments to you while you are out of work and without a paycheck.
Workers compensation should be making payments to all your doctors, the hospital, ambulance, your surgeons, and any other medical provider you need.
What state are you in?
What Comp benefits are they not providing?

Are you looking for more $$$ outside of workers comp?
Sometimes the other driver has other assets you can go after.
You can talk to other attys.
Inadequately Insured drunk drivers are like the worst thieves; take your health, livelihood and often your life or That of a loved one and end up driving again.
They are a plague in modern society.
drunks are a very difficult problem to deal with, they hurt so many around them in many different ways.
"Footer/signature" used in all my posts:
........Each state has their own comp system. We need to know your state to provide accurate information.........

Listing your state is important as every state has different laws.

I highly suggest contacting civil attorney's about pursuing action against the driver.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I'm in Arizona, the driver is a 27 year old with nothing the car was not even his it was his mom's.

(10-11-2017, 02:09 PM)Nelle Wrote: I'm in Arizona, the driver is a 27 year old with nothing the car was not even his it was his mom's.

I do not know the laws in your state. In California I was told by my auto insurance the liability follows the cars ownership, and due to this he advised us to place our adult daughters car in her name. If she were to get in an auto accident we could have been liable if the car she was driving was in our name for example. You may already know the laws in your state, just wanted to mention it. I have no idea if Arizona allows this.

https://www.expertlaw.com/library/car-ac...ility.html
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Work accident while on buisness trip Erikarod41611 3 1,019 11-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  An interesting work related auto accident !! RITCHIE 4 4,126 07-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jayne
  work related car accident then fired? Justanotherbluecollar 4 9,051 08-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  periodic roll brokedownkim 3 3,351 07-07-2011, 11:16 PM
  auto accident in work car going to work Jparr 5 9,609 01-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Jparr
  Injured back at work then got in a car accident???s awgr8 2 4,150 10-26-2009, 04:50 PM
  MSA Roll Call freebird 18 9,238 09-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Last Post: freebird
MyBB car accident sandman 3 3,542 01-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Last Post: stiffnecked
  Car Accident IrishEyes 3 2,989 03-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: IrishEyes
  Ready to rock and roll chrischris 10 4,814 10-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Spring