Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employer avoiding using workmans comp
A physical therapist is not qualified to make a medical diagnosis.
Appears that the carrier is working in concert with the employer to abuse the comp system.
Difficult for an individual worker to get the employer to act differently.
Without the workers uniting to stop it or a concerted effort by state enforcement little will change for next injured worker.
Nothing will happen quickly and you'll need to focus on your long them recovery.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-25-2017, 03:23 PM)1171 Wrote: A physical therapist is not qualified to make a medical diagnosis.
Appears that the carrier is working in concert with the employer to abuse the comp system.
Difficult for an individual worker to get the employer to act differently.
Without the workers uniting to stop it or a concerted effort by state enforcement little will change for next injured worker.
Nothing will happen quickly and you'll need to focus on your long them recovery.
I understand that, and we are waiting on initial doctors reports now. In the mean time, I am not having any therapy or anything in the works other than trying to get into see a orthopedic doctor.
I am in pain daily with my shoulder, neck, and back. Waiting this all out to see who pays for what is making things physically getting worse. This is obscene to say the least.
In the mean time, I was told to look for some kind of work, that will help me keep a roof over my head. What the hell is a person to do ... ???

Contact your health insurer, generally they'll cover treatment on a denied comp claim.
if it's later decided that it should have been covered by comp, the health carrier can file for a reimbursement.
these disputes happen all the time.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-25-2017, 06:15 PM)1171 Wrote: Contact your health insurer, generally they'll cover treatment on a denied comp claim.
if it's later decided that it should have been covered by comp, the health carrier can file for a reimbursement.
these disputes happen all the time.
Ok I will look into that . It's all been a nightmare to say the least!!
By Law they should have to pay it then dispute the case !!! If that makes any sense ?

I don't think employers or carriers would let a republican legislature make those changes
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-26-2017, 12:26 PM)1171 Wrote: I don't think employers or carriers would let a republican legislature make those changes
Oh, but they should.
My attorney said I should call my company and ask if they have any work for me, besides working on the assembly line. I thought to myself how could I work without having an attitude with the very people that has denied my claim !!
What would you suggest ? Do I have to do that? What is the deal with that? I am like really ??? Although I did not say that to the attorney.
I am without ANY income now, and I am desperate to find something I am able to do.. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Possibly going to be homeless....UGH

If its not good for employers and big business, republicans won't support it.

You have to stay within your work restrictions.
Contact your creditors before you get behind and let them know you are disabled.
Use your resources at the county social services and/or  your church.
If you are likely to be disabled for a year you are eligible for social security disability.
https://www.disability-benefits-help.org...s/kentucky
https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityssi/
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-26-2017, 01:18 PM)1171 Wrote: If its not good for employers and big business, republicans won't support it.

Contact your creditors before you get behind and let them know you are disabled.
Use your resources at the county social services and/or your church.
If you are likely to be disabled for a year you are eligible for social security disability.
I have signed up on food stamps and am eligible for $39.00 for this month. When I get them, not sure because I have to turn in the other forms Tomorrow.
Signed up over the phone interview for SSI which can take 3-5 months to get approved, is what she said. waiting on papers in the mail to be signed and sent back.
I will be looking into elderly care, and going back to possibly bartending again, although that is only part-time. At this point anything would help. I am limited to what I can do. I still have to see a orthopedic doctor to see what is going on with my arm.
WHY oh why do they have to make this so difficult ? They know as well as I know that this is caused from my work. Repetitive movement. I am not one to cry, but I am at or near my breaking point.
I will look into as many resources as I can.
My work restrictions I will have to go and get a copy of my records tomorrow then call the fraudulent company I work for and ask them ,kindly is there any work I can do??? lol.....UGH wish me luck !!

(11-26-2017, 01:35 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 01:18 PM)1171 Wrote: If its not good for employers and big business, republicans won't support it.

I have signed up on food stamps and am eligible for $39.00 for this month. When I get them, not sure because I have to turn in the other forms Tomorrow.
Signed up over the phone interview for SSI which can take 3-5 months to get approved, is what she said. waiting on papers in the mail to be signed and sent back.
I will be looking into elderly care, and going back to possibly bartending again, although that is only part-time. At this point anything would help. I am limited to what I can do. I still have to see a orthopedic doctor to see what is going on with my arm.
WHY oh why do they have to make this so difficult ? They know as well as I know that this is caused from my work. Repetitive movement. I am not one to cry, but I am at or near my breaking point.
My work restrictions I will have to go and get a copy of my records tomorrow then call the fraudulent company I work for and ask them ,kindly is there any work I can do???  lol.....UGH wish me luck !!

I agree with your attorney to ask your employer if they have any modified work you can do within your restrictions.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(11-26-2017, 02:49 PM)California_Help Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 01:35 PM)tinainky Wrote:

My work restrictions I will have to go and get a copy of my records tomorrow then call the fraudulent company I work for and ask them ,kindly is there any work I can do???  lol.....UGH wish me luck !!

I agree with your attorney to ask your employer if they have any modified work you can do within your restrictions.
Thank you for all of your knowledge though. I will indeed contact him tomorrow. I will keep you posted. I bet this is going to be a long drawn out battle though, and I am mentally not up for it, as I have other health issues to deal with. Have a good day...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IME report/Workers comp/employer debikayluo 6 6,342 06-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Last Post: tinainky
  Reopening old workmans comp case ravenzdad3 1 596 03-24-2018, 01:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CT - Full-Thickness Laceration Of the left ring finger -Workmans Comp Procedures? systemviper 4 1,567 11-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Is this a Workmans Comp Claim Kmrosela 2 2,356 10-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Overpaid Workmans Comp- Can they take it back? Kaity8891 2 2,370 09-25-2016, 03:40 PM
  do you need to pay back workmans comp? ameliayob 8 7,342 06-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Workmans comp investigator home visit pdw55 3 4,523 05-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Workmans Comp question joe p 7 5,766 03-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  how to make workmans comp restart payments lisaann7878@yahoo.com 1 3,557 10-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Sad Help please! 20 years old. workmans comp injury to my shoulder brocco604 4 8,370 08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Last Post: don1956