Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employer avoiding using workmans comp
dont let the stress issues take over. Get a referral from your doctor for some therapy. Depression is very treatable and necessary when dealing with serious health issues.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I went to attorney today.
Filled out comp papers
He made some phone calls to a orthopedic dr. So I can get something done about my injury.
He called my general insurance company to see if they would cover it.. no answer back as of yet.
I talked with him nearly two hours.
I called my work twice, and no reply back, regarding me do some kind of light duty work.
I have to look for some kind of work, which I started on this morning.
I am mentally, financially exhausted. Prayers please !! I need them. All this is undue hardship, because I was blindsided by my company to start with, because I thought I was on comp. They know this is due from the work I did . How some people can sleep at night is beyond me ! Anyhow that's how they roll !!

Wow. Good for you. 2 hrs of atty time is rare. I hope you got a lot of good information.
Many workers don't get 2hrs during the entire life of their claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-28-2017, 02:03 AM)1171 Wrote: Wow. Good for you. 2 hrs of atty time is rare. I hope you got a lot of good information.
Many workers don't get 2hrs during the entire life of their claim.

This man is concerned I think about me. I am literally distraught by all of this. I have so much going on. I am trying to not stress . He is trying to take some of the load off me, by making phone calls and such. I broke down in tears yesterday. He gave me some hope, although he said this will take months. He gave me advise, and told me I needed to find some kind of work that would help me keep my home and car.
Anyhow I am waiting on my plant to return my call today, to see if they have any light duty work for me, or if they are going to can me .... who and the hell knows what they are going to pull next !! In the mean time I am searching for work. Have a good day !

Company nurse returned my call regarding coming out there to work on light duty. She informed me that I can not come back to work out there, unless I am 100% able to work and have a doctors note stating that.
They have no light duty work for me... I won't say no more ... You all get the picture by now, with me and my comp case pending right ! They could give a hoot less about me. I told her I needed to do some kind of work, to keep from losing my home and vehicle.
OH I forgot to mention the nurse at the plant asked me if I heard from the comp insurance lady today? I said no. I think she said she would be calling me...
Waiting on that call.. who knows what that's about..... This is like a journal I write everyday now... Lets me keep all info in writing, incase I need to fall back on it sometime in the future. ;-)

I really feel for you Tina.... That's the worst thing a company can do to a person.. I was in the same boat. I worked for a company 7 years, never called in sick, pulled overtime when they needed me, worked double shifts too. But the day I hurt my back, they started stepping all over me. I was taken out of work by a Urgent Care doctor for a week and he put me on restrictions when I returned... I was told I could run register, no problem there... then told to my face unless I had the restrictions removed, I was off the schedule. That was June 26, 2015.. I was let go from the company a year later.

(11-28-2017, 07:16 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: I really feel for you Tina.... That's the worst thing a company can do to a person.. I was in the same boat. I worked for a company 7 years, never called in sick, pulled overtime when they needed me, worked double shifts too. But the day I hurt my back, they started stepping all over me. I was taken out of work by a Urgent Care doctor for a week and he put me on restrictions when I returned... I was told I could run register, no problem there... then told to my face unless I had the restrictions removed, I was off the schedule. That was June 26, 2015.. I was let go from the company a year later.
I know it is so unfair. I hate it for you too. I signed an FMLA form the day she slapped the card for insurance in my hand and said get these filled out today ! which I did and returned them that day.
I am thinking they cannot rid me of my job until one year after the date on the FMLA papers, but I may be wrong.
I have been out of work now for 3 months as of the 17th of this month. I am not sure if they can rid me ,but who knows, the ball is in their hands so to speak..

Unfortunately Tina they can find a way to terminate your employment, as unfair as it seems. What you said about keeping a journal of everything that is going on with your employer is really good; it may really come in handy later on down the road. Keeping notes of everything they say to you is especially important, dates and times. Just run everything you do past your lawyer, I.e. getting a new job, etc.

(12-01-2017, 10:19 PM)Mollylink Wrote: Unfortunately Tina they can find a way to terminate your employment, as unfair as it seems. What you said about keeping a journal of everything that is going on with your employer is really good; it may really come in handy later on down the road. Keeping notes of everything they say to you is especially important, dates and times. Just run everything you do past your lawyer, I.e. getting a new job, etc.
Under FmLa I do not think they can by law get rid of me though, for up to a year.Journaling is good ,I also have a small spiral note book with all calls ,dates, and information written down too.

That’s good Tina, and I hope they don’t. Sounds like you are doing the right things. Hope you get to feeling better.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IME report/Workers comp/employer debikayluo 6 7,019 06-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Last Post: tinainky
  Reopening old workmans comp case ravenzdad3 1 813 03-24-2018, 01:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CT - Full-Thickness Laceration Of the left ring finger -Workmans Comp Procedures? systemviper 4 1,944 11-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Is this a Workmans Comp Claim Kmrosela 2 2,572 10-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Overpaid Workmans Comp- Can they take it back? Kaity8891 2 2,715 09-25-2016, 03:40 PM
  do you need to pay back workmans comp? ameliayob 8 8,058 06-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Workmans comp investigator home visit pdw55 3 4,813 05-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Workmans Comp question joe p 7 6,151 03-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  how to make workmans comp restart payments lisaann7878@yahoo.com 1 3,719 10-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Sad Help please! 20 years old. workmans comp injury to my shoulder brocco604 4 8,634 08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Last Post: don1956