Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employer avoiding using workmans comp
(10-08-2017, 09:39 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 03:18 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 05:21 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: 1171, it may be Kentucky.. think it's part of her user name.. Also, if her employer won't file comp, can't she do it online? I had that problem and I just filed online, call the comp office and that was it..

Just call the comp office ? I will do that ASAP I have the number for Kentucky now. thanks. I Do Live In Kentucky.

The numbers are in the link i posted.

http://www.labor.ky.gov/workersclaims/Pa...smen).aspx
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find links to information on your state system.

(10-08-2017, 09:40 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 09:39 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 03:18 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 05:21 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: 1171, it may be Kentucky.. think it's part of her user name.. Also, if her employer won't file comp, can't she do it online? I had that problem and I just filed online, call the comp office and that was it..

Just call the comp office ? I will do that ASAP I have the number for Kentucky now. thanks. I Do Live In Kentucky.

I Called the Wc office in Frankfort Ky today, and the lady was very nice, I explained everything to her. She personally is going to call the company nurse, and speak with her. She will then contact me back. Although I think the nurse is off today.... That being said, I feel better knowing I have someone to look into it for me. I will keep you updated. ;-)

(10-05-2017, 01:53 PM)tinainky Wrote: Hi Tinainky,

By this time you should have reported this to your employers WC ins carrier. Not sure what state you are in but in NJ it is a state law that WC carrier and ph# and Right to Know Law info all be posted in a common area maybe the lunchroom maybe above the coffee pot you know the common areas where everyone will pass by ( NOT THE BATHROOMS )

Absolutely this is related to your work, and its termed repetitive motion injury. In Manystates you can file your claim online just google your state and work comp and you will find a state run website there you can get most of your questions answered,like how to begin the process.

Your boss is a MORON, and it appears hes moreinterested in keeping his ins rates down, but that is what ins is for. BOY I can understqnd not wanting to rock the boat where your make your livilyhood but the longer you remain in this long/short term disability the harder it will be to show this is a work related injury. I hope you told the Dr you had pain on your job and it just got worst from there.Just be honest as you can as your credibility goes very far in a case like this. Dont worry about the ins money youhave already gotten  as they will work out the reimbursements. The point is you should not have to deal with this crap as you have enough on your plate to worry about. Oh I didnt want to rock the boat at my job, my mgr had my no work notes changed to sedentary work ok, after changing notes back and forth a few time and I needed and loved my job out in the field I ended up sitting on a lumbar pinched nerve which sent me into a convulsion-like spasm after 45 mins I fell onto the floor and flopped like a fish out of water and have never been the same. Im totally disabled and have been since age 32. Dont ever think this stuff happens to others as 1 day you may be that other

BUG

PS: BE CAREFUL LOOKING FOR A LAWYER. As its a quick buck to make even if they sell you out short. Vent any lawyer and call the bar as they maybe full of good info. You want an  EXPERIENCED WC  LAWYER

I called Doctors office today. They said the MRI had been denied by my insurance company.
I then told them I needed the doctor to fax a letter stating this injury was do from the type of work I did. She said she would inform the doctor. Where it goes from here, who knows.....I bet I do not hear back from the Doctor...

(10-04-2017, 01:20 PM)tinainky Wrote: Hi Tinainky,

By this time you should have reported this to your employers WC ins carrier. Not sure what state you are in but in NJ it is a state law that WC carrier and ph# and Right to Know Law info all be posted in a common area maybe the lunchroom maybe above the coffee pot you know the common areas where everyone will pass by ( NOT THE BATHROOMS )

Absolutely this is related to your work, and its termed repetitive motion injury. In Manystates you can file your claim online just google your state and work comp and you will find a state run website there you can get most of your questions answered,like how to begin the process.

Your boss is a MORON, and it appears hes moreinterested in keeping his ins rates down, but that is what ins is for. BOY I can understqnd not wanting to rock the boat where your make your livilyhood but the longer you remain in this long/short term disability the harder it will be to show this is a work related injury. I hope you told the Dr you had pain on your job and it just got worst from there.Just be honest as you can as your credibility goes very far in a case like this. Dont worry about the ins money youhave already gotten  as they will work out the reimbursements. The point is you should not have to deal with this crap as you have enough on your plate to worry about. Oh I didnt want to rock the boat at my job, my mgr had my no work notes changed to sedentary work ok, after changing notes back and forth a few time and I needed and loved my job out in the field I ended up sitting on a lumbar pinched nerve which sent me into a convulsion-like spasm after 45 mins I fell onto the floor and flopped like a fish out of water and have never been the same. Im totally disabled and have been since age 32. Dont ever think this stuff happens to others as 1 day you may be that other

BUG

I work on an assembly line in a factory. 10 hour shifts with months of overtime in the summer. It is non Union. It is fast paced work, picking up nearly 6,000 pounds in each hand daily, in one pound increments. Totaling about 12,000 #'s per day.
I had been complaining to the boss that my shoulder and neck was hurting me. I asked for Bio freeze on several occasions to help with the pain. I never filled out an accident report, because this was becoming an on going issue, not an accident.  
It proceeded to worsen and one morning I called in and went to the Doctor because I could not even lift my arm. No range of motion by this time. I was diagnosed with a frozen shoulder (adhesive Capsulitis) I went directly from the doctors to HR and the plant nurse. HR slammed a FMLA paper in my hand and a insurance card to call TODAY she said to get paid for the time I was going to be off.
This was on 8/16/17 and I have been on Physical therapy 3 days a week since then.
My doctor said I may need an MRI because I am not getting much better from therapy. I asked her if  workman's comp should cover that test. She informed me I was not on WC.
To make this short and to keep from ranting on, I was informed by the insurance company that my work said it was not due from work.I then called HR and,told them I thought I was drawing WC. She avoided talking about it. She said the nurse was to fill out those papers. So I had mentioned that was fraudulent because It is from work. HR and the nurse had me on a conference call a day or so later. I informed them that this was no accident it was oncoming from the repetitious work I do. They said they would get back to me.
They had the safety director call me last week and tell me they plan on leaving things just the way it is ,because like hey...He said you are getting a check and treatment so they will leave it like it is, and they look forward to seeing me come back to work.....Take my time, and get well...How do you like that ?
My question is, if I am going to have this for a long term disability, due to surgery, Medical bills I may be out, should I seek a lawyer?
I think it is fraudulent on the company's  part. Also why should I be out any money on medical bills ? What if I cannot go back to doing what I was doing for a living ?
Any and all input would be appreciated. thank you

UPDATE: The KY labor board called my company. The nurse then called me and gave me the number to their insurance carrier for workman's comp. I called and gave them all the information, signed medical release forms, and faxed them back. The insurance carrier told me to continue my therapy, and also continue with my doctors appointments.
They will review the findings and get back to me. She told me it would have been much easier if they had done this from the beginning, but we will work through it ! Just waiting to hear back from the insurance now..
The nurse, I am sure is upset with me, but hell' what is right is right, she should have done that to start with...I will keep you updated on the outcome.

Glad to hear it.
Contacting the carrier directly is the best way around a reluctant uncooperative employer.
Thankx for keeping us updated.
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find links to information on your state system.

(10-23-2017, 11:52 AM)1171 Wrote: Glad to hear it.
Contacting the carrier directly is the best way around a reluctant uncooperative employer.
Still waiting to hear from carrier, although I am sure it will take some time. in the mean time I called HR on Monday and asked told her I have not seen where they cashed my health insurance payment yet, and was just wondering what was going on. She said it is being processed. A month I dropped it off. Long process I thought. I then asked her when my next payment was due and she randomly said, in the next week or so.
Just waiting to get this straightened out. Therapy says we should stop therapy because insurance only pays for 30 visits, and I have had 25. We will save those if you do not get workman's comp for after you have a surgery or what not.
They say it is not improving like it should. I should make an appointment with Doctor to see where we need to go from here.
You are welcome for the update too. I will keep you all informed. Where it goes from here ....who knows...

(10-25-2017, 09:29 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 11:52 AM)1171 Wrote: Glad to hear it.
Still waiting to hear from carrier, although I am sure it will take some time. in the mean time I called HR on Monday and asked told her I have not seen where they cashed my health insurance payment yet, and was just wondering what was going on. She said it is being processed. A month I dropped it off. Long process I thought. I then asked her when my next payment was due and she randomly said, in the next week or so.
Just waiting to get this straightened out. Therapy says we should stop therapy because insurance only pays for 30 visits, and I have had 25. We will save those if you do not get workman's comp for after you have a surgery or what not.
They say it is not improving like it should. I should make an appointment with Doctor to see where we need to go from here.
You are welcome for the update too. I will keep you all informed. Where it goes from here ....who knows...

UPDATE: As of Nov 3rd I have not heard anything back from the insurance carrier about my claim, so I called yesterday and left a message. In the mean time I am still drawing short term disability from my insurance carrier, not WC.
The short term with them ends on the 14th of this month.
I do have an appointment with my general Dr. Monday. Not sure if she has filled out any forms yet for WC, but I will ask her.
My shoulder is still messed up...somewhat better, although painful when moved out of my range. I am so fed up. If things do not get changed over by the 14th, I will have no other choice, but to hire an attorney.... Ugh

(10-23-2017, 08:36 AM)tinainky Wrote: GREAT JOB tinainky,  OH I get it Tina In KY. That happens with age and over thinking Sad . I agree this would have been easier had this been done at the beginning and the State knows why the employer didnt do it the proper way. Whatever the outcome ask around to those you trust if they were hurt at work or know someone hurt at work and they were happy with their lawyer word of mouth is the best source, 2nd is calling your family lawyer to get a referral as all lawyers know of each other and their respected expertise.  Once you have a name or firm call the state bar to get their record of service, like years of practicing, fields of expertise, and they should have No disciplinary action on record. Some states permit online access to court dockets, one was called docket ini a pocket but in Pa it was shut off due to privacy issues but your state may be more lean on that issue. NEVER HIRE ANY LAWYER WHO ADVERTISES HEAVY LIKE FULL PAGE AD IN PHONE BOOK OR ON A PUBLIC BUS BILLBOARD as they are hurtin for biz a great lawyer will not advertise nor do they return phone calls but always be pleasant as you have been here and see if you can get the secretary to ask your questions for you then call back for answer thats what worked for me. WE ALL WISH YOU THE VERY BEST and if you need an extra pair of eyes looking for law answers just ask and I will use some contacts I know and do some looking myself. I belong to several law groups and the chatter never stops!! We are all here fr you, and I apologize for jumping in so late 

BUG

UPDATE: The KY labor board called my company. The nurse then called me and gave me the number to their insurance carrier for workman's comp. I called and gave them all the information, signed medical release forms, and faxed them back. The insurance carrier told me to continue my therapy, and also continue with my doctors appointments.
They will review the findings and get back to me. She told me it would have been much easier if they had done this from the beginning, but we will work through it ! Just waiting to hear back from the insurance now..
The nurse, I am sure is upset with me, but hell' what is right is right, she should have done that to start with...I will keep you updated on the outcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IME report/Workers comp/employer debikayluo 6 5,860 06-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Last Post: tinainky
  Reopening old workmans comp case ravenzdad3 1 438 03-24-2018, 01:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CT - Full-Thickness Laceration Of the left ring finger -Workmans Comp Procedures? systemviper 4 1,316 11-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Is this a Workmans Comp Claim Kmrosela 2 2,207 10-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Overpaid Workmans Comp- Can they take it back? Kaity8891 2 2,090 09-25-2016, 03:40 PM
  do you need to pay back workmans comp? ameliayob 8 6,765 06-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Workmans comp investigator home visit pdw55 3 4,283 05-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Workmans Comp question joe p 7 5,493 03-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  how to make workmans comp restart payments lisaann7878@yahoo.com 1 3,400 10-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Sad Help please! 20 years old. workmans comp injury to my shoulder brocco604 4 8,145 08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Last Post: don1956