Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Co Workers/Workers Comp.
Since my accident in June at work, (I have not been able to work since June) all communication from my co workers (who I thought were my FRIENDS...we go out together, know each others' families, etc.) have come to an abrupt STOP. They won't return my calls or texts...they haven't contacted me to ask if I am okay...I received a bouquet of flowers in the hospital from administration, then NOTHING. Do employers make employees barr all contact with co workers in cases where they have had an injury at work and are receiving WC? It sure wasn't personal...I didn't MEAN to hurt myself and be unable to move my leg and depend on my children to help me get around. Seriously, do employers barr all contact between employees during WC cases? I truly am interested to know this. Thanks.

In the U S There is no one that speaks for every employer, but there has probably been one employer somewhere at some time who tried.
but If you were that employer, How would you enforce it? How would you find out or stop someone from saying "hi, how are you?
if a "ban" can't be enforced its basically meaningless. the employees have to want to comply to make it work.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I hope all problem in your life will be solved and Yes we are going to know each other and their families and take some rest to be careful with your leg hope it will better soon. Deadpool Jacket - hjackets.com

I would suggest consulting an attorney, as laws differ slightly from state to state. In some states, requesting a hearing will automatically trigger an order that the parties mediate the matter prior to a hearing. That's the way it is in NC, where any claim for hearing must be mediated by Dissertation Assistance | Dissertation-Hub the parties before hearing.

I hope all the things were great soon hope for the best good luck from Best site to buy facebook likes uk - smmpoint

It seems like an educational blog which always some new information to visitors and Enjoying every little bit of it that's great thanks Best Place to Buy YouTube Subscribers for guide me about this post

(08-01-2017, 05:48 PM)241050 Wrote: Since my accident in June at work, (I have not been able to work since June) all communication from my co workers (who I thought were my FRIENDS...we go out together, know each others' families, etc.) have come to an abrupt STOP. They won't return my calls or texts...they haven't contacted me to ask if I am okay...I received a bouquet of flowers in the hospital from administration, then NOTHING. Do employers make employees barr all contact with co workers in cases where they have had an injury at work and are receiving WC? It sure wasn't personal...I didn't MEAN to hurt myself and be unable to move my leg and depend on my children to help me get around. Seriously, do employers barr all contact between employees during WC cases? I truly am interested to know this. Thanks.

I am in the same boat. These were people that I helped trained and made a very positive impact on their careers. From young college students to single mothers who wanted to get away from government assistance. Everyone got along and seem happy. I can’t say I hung out on a personal level but we had monthly events outside of work and during work.

When I was terminated after my injury. I never got a call or a text. It was just recently that one of them reached out to me. It was only after he was also terminated and felt unjust. What he told me was something I can never imagine. They were pretty much forced to write negative statements. Not literally but he felt like they were not going to go away. They even assured that they can speak freely and not worry about me because I was already terminated. After that didn’t work, they began to paint a picture to make me seem like a thief and a terrible person. All it took was for one person, and of course there’s always that one who felt they worked harder and deserves more to say one negative statement. After that, all it took was a good interrogator to turn something small into big dramatic events.

So if they ignored your calls, there’s probably more to it. I’m not saying what happened to me also happened to you. A work place is very competitive so be careful. I worked with one for many years, I thought he was a nice person. Turns out he wanted my position all along.

I was frustrated for quite some time but I realized it was a business relationship. They don’t owe me anything. They too have family to support. I wouldn’t have done it that way though. I always told all my managers, if you are promoted through having a connection or getting rid of your competition by whining to others, your skill, talent and knowledge of your work will eventually catch up. There’s been many occasion I would tell upper management how long I estimate before they throw in the towel. Of course I knew I would never get the job. I had one tell me that the other employees wouldn’t respect me if he gave me that job. I never quite understood that until recently. The other excuse was I didn’t look the part and needed to dress better. So I went out and bought really expensive clothes. That didn’t work either.
It was never about the way i dresses or my work experience. It was because of who I am. I wouldn’t get respected because I was the minority so the majority would not respect me. That bothers me, especially that I never realized it and still work 50-60 hours a week to prove that hard work, dedication and experience/knowledge is more influential than someone where brand name clothes or acts like a manager.

I can’t say I’m still not bother by that but what doesn’t kill me makes me stronger. Fool me once, fool me twice but don’t try the third time. I’m naive because I’m trusting but even a small mouse can strike back if he’s cornered.

Sorry, that was me ranting about myself.

Think of it this way, if you let this dwell on you then they win. It’s helped me before. I’m in a new battle now though.

Good luck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For injured workers who are going through a difficult time California_Help 15 4,196 07-28-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Welcoming Kids' Chance - Providing Scholarships to Children of Injured Workers admin 6 43,858 01-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Last Post: 1171
  My Workers Comp. Cervical_Fusion 2 2,646 05-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Last Post: fatboy
Sad workers comp lump sum settlement/ medicare set-aside account Dutchy 46 60,984 09-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Congratulations Wisconsin Workers! 1171 7 4,171 01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Last Post: admin
  Denied Workers Comp Cervical_Fusion 0 2,513 10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  100 YEARS OF WORKERS COMPENSATION IN THE U.S. 1171 8 6,961 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
  WORKERS COMPENSATION IN JAPAN 1171 10 8,227 03-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Last Post: jayne
  workers comp settlement multiple injury HMDR 3 17,377 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
  TV Comedy "Workers' Comp" Starts Filming in April admin 5 8,537 03-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees