Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about P&S
(08-03-2017, 05:17 PM)jdmdc5 Wrote: Thanks for the response 1171. I was hoping to keep the same amount that I was already getting but according to the PD I might get $200 less, which is okay since I have no major bills. But anything is better for now since I'm still not 100% to work still.

@California_Help, my employer. I was sent there once I was injured. I had a choice to go to another but since I would still have to go back to get cleared to work, or let my employer know if they are able to accommodate me for modified or light duty, (I work for a school district, so I'm dealing with SISC), I decided to stick with them instead. So even though I'm still receiving Workers Comp, I'm still able to receive State Disability?

As for termination of my employment, I seriously thought about contacting an law firm or an attorney but didn't want to go thru the hassle and many people told me I had a case both ways for my injury and termination.

Interesting about the voucher. I was reading about it yesterday, but read that my adjuster would have to send it to me for me to apply for it. Thanks for the link!

After 30 days you can switch to another doctor on your insurance carriers medical provider network. You adjuster most likely sent you to an insurance friendly doctor or facility, starting with words US Heathwo...., Concent... etc etc.

Who would handle your work comp case is a work comp attorney. Who would handle your employment matter is an employment attorney. There are strict deadlines to file a civil employment claim. 

If your treating doctor believes you cannot work and will fill out the form in the link I provided you may qualify for state disability. Many injured workers are able to get State Disability after they are cut off on TTD, however you need a doctor who will fill out the form. I have seen many instances state disability provides payment to injured workers even when they fell outside of the deadline to apply. It is unknown to me what type of work comp doctor you are being seen by or what his opinion is of your condition. I recommend clicking the link above, print out the form or call EDD and ask how you can get the form and ask your doctor, work comp or even general private insurance doctor if they will fill out their portion. You have nothing to lose at this point, just money.

You can call or write your claims adjuster about obtaining the first voucher. If you need help you can always call an information and assistance officer or go down to the work comp board and talk to one on person.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thanks for the reply!

I don't know how much this changes things. But as of last Friday, I was cleared and able to return to work without restrictions according to my QME report, so the work release doctor went ahead and discharged me.

Now, I received a job offer from my employer to return back to the position I was injured at. But due to not being 100% and worried of re-injuring myself, I decided to decline the offer. With the decline, I'm now officially separated from the district and no longer employed by them.

As I'm still be receiving Permanent Disability for another 21 weeks, just wondering will I be able to file for Unemployment while receiving PD payments?

And I've tried contacting EDD for information, but it's nearly impossible.

unemployment eligibility is not affected by reception of PD benefits. the fact that you declined re-employment however might.

(08-14-2017, 05:30 PM)jdmdc5 Wrote: Thanks for the reply!

I don't know how much this changes things. But as of last Friday, I was cleared and able to return to work without restrictions according to my QME report, so the work release doctor went ahead and discharged me.

Now, I received a job offer from my employer to return back to the position I was injured at. But due to not being 100% and worried of re-injuring myself, I decided to decline the offer. With the decline, I'm now officially separated from the district and no longer employed by them.

As I'm still be receiving Permanent Disability for another 21 weeks, just wondering will I be able to file for Unemployment while receiving PD payments?

And I've tried contacting EDD for information, but it's nearly impossible.
O agree with 1171.

I do not know if you are eligible to receive unemployment if you quit your job.

I am also not sure if you are eligible for the two vouchers I wrote about above as they are for those who's employer does not offer a position after P&S.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I went ahead and filed for unemployment, curiosity didn't kill all the cats, and had a phone interview but she said most likely I might be eligible for it since I have a cause for leaving but she'll base her decision on what my employer will tell her.

Also received in the mail today a $6000 voucher for college which I wasn't expecting. I'm confused about it, might have to go back read about the link you posted California_Help. Maybe actually put it to good use during my time off as the job market is rough right now.

(10-12-2017, 06:09 PM)jdmdc5 Wrote: I went ahead and filed for unemployment, curiosity didn't kill all the cats, and had a phone interview but she said most likely I might be eligible for it since I have a cause for leaving but she'll base her decision on what my employer will tell her.

Also received in the mail today a $6000 voucher for college which I wasn't expecting. I'm confused about it, might have to go back read about the link you posted California_Help. Maybe actually put it to good use during my time off as the job market is rough right now.

There is a deadline to use it, I think 2 years. Also, some of it can be used for computer and/or computer equipment etc and I think $500. can be used for things you do not have to turn in, but not sure and it has been a while since I read the info. I recommend reading the link and if you have questions ask and I&A officer. Since you received the voucher for 6 grand you also qualify for a benefit for 5 grand that you can use on anything you want. You can get this check from a district WCAB at their Koisk.

There is a list of trade schools, or you can go to any city or state school, including online classes. Good luck.