Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inquire
Hi everyone, I'm new to this page and I have a question regarding looking for lawyer on yelp. Couple of days ago I was trying to find a lawyer via yelp and came across site and click on request consultation. So I gave my info about my case and for some reason I stated where I work and what day the injury happened. (I dont know if that is a good idea) So now I click sent to the firm Of my choice, I didnt know that on the sidepanel of yelp window it automatically add additional buisness. So now there are like 7 lawyers calling me saying they saw my post on yelp and read my story. Is this bad that they saw what I have say?

I don't know what you posted so can't judge but in general if the information you posted is also what you reported to your employer there should not be a problem.
"Footer/signature" used in all my posts:
........Each state has their own comp system. We need to know your state to provide accurate information.........

(06-21-2017, 01:59 AM)1171 Wrote: I don't know what you posted so can't judge but in general if the information you posted is also what you reported to your employer there should not be a problem.

Well yes mostly what my employeer already knows. I was just under the impression of I gave away all the details DOI and Where I work on the consultation section. Which I dont know if that good or bad.

It is fairly common with many of the find a lawyer cites. These are cites that lawyer's pay to use or pay for premium usage. What they get for their payment is information on potential new clients like you. Many of the cites give this information to multiple firms which is why you have been contacted by so many lawyers.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

(06-20-2017, 11:32 PM)mr.injury Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm new to this page and I have a question regarding looking for lawyer on yelp. Couple of days ago I was trying to find a lawyer via yelp and came across site and click on request consultation. So I gave my info about my case and for some reason I stated where I work and what day the injury happened. (I dont know if that is a good idea) So now I  click sent to the firm Of my choice, I didnt know that on the sidepanel of yelp window it automatically add additional buisness. So now there are like 7 lawyers calling me saying they saw my post on yelp and read my story. Is this bad that they saw what I have say?

If you want to be safe you can remove your post. Most sites let you remove posts, or modify. If your yelp profile has your picture and real name on public view  I personally would not want it up there just for privacy reasons.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

thank you guys for the info. No I don't have a profile on yelp. I guess its not a big deal anyways.
One last questions, I was wondering how many law office can I consult with before choosing the right lawyer?

Is it ok if I meet up with 2 lawyers in a day? should I tell them im shopping around? How do this thing work?

I know Its free consultation and you dont have to pay them as long as your case is not settled? How many % pay would they take if my case is settled?

no limit. choose one that specializes in comp.
https://www.avvo.com/workers-compensation-lawyer.html
https://www.wilg.org/index.cfm?pg=publicdirectory

try your state bar; most have a search feature on their "public" page including a workers compensation specialty.
we don't know your state.
each state has different comp rules including atty fees; there is no one answer for every comp claim in the U.S.
........Each state has their own comp system. We need to know your state to provide accurate information.........

Google the attorney and read reviews on them.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Hi guys. Just have another quick question. Got a letter today thru the mail from WCI and they denied my claim. My question is this the letter which I need to find me aQME Dr. or is this just a notice that it was denied and they will sennd me another mail with forms for QME? Still deciding if I should hire an attorney.

Who/ what is WCI?  Is it the name of an insurance carrier, employer, 3rd party administrators?
Those letters are used by hundreds of organizations and are not meaningful.
Without knowing your state we can't answer; there are 50 sets Of rules, laws, and forms.
What is your state?
In most states the denial letter should provide information on filing an appeal.