Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoulder Injury-GA
1, My situation is complex in my opinion. In 2002, I had a slip and fall on the job that resulted in a humerus fracture which was repaired twice with a plate, and bone graft. I settled with my employer (public school teacher) and continued my employment until my spouse's job relocated out -of-state 5 years later. Am I still entitled to medical coverage for this injury?

We recently relocated back to GA different town and school system. I suffered a shoulder injury/fracture (same arm) while on the job that resulted in having to have a plate and screws placed in my upper arm/shoulder.

2. I am suffering from pain in my other shoulder which the doctor states is from over use because of the limited range of motion in the right shoulder which was injuried. He x-rayed and injected medication which seems to cure it. But WC denied the claim as unrelated to my original injury? What are my legal rights to care of associated injury? In addition, As of today they haven't paid any of my medical bills (surgery) which the hospital has billed me for $50,000.
I do have primary insurance with my job and my husband job. Can I file the other shoulder bill under my personal insurance policy?

3, I am not a the point of settling but I am concerned that If I settled I could be forced to resign and I just returned to state 3 months prior to the onset of the claim so I doubt I qualify for unemployment although I had previously work in the state for 6 yrs ( 2001-2007),

Any advice would be appreciated as I am treated very cold when I reach out to my WC dept on my job although I work in the same building with these people.

It depends on how you settled. You should review the settlement papers to see if benefits were closed out.
You have the legal right to have the comp court decide on the secondary injury to the other shoulder.
Yes since coverage was denied for the other shoulder you can send the bills to your health insurer.
You don't have to submit a resignation in order to collect all your comp benefits.
Most businesses would frown on campus-workers being given special committee snide ration on their claim.
Additional information on comp in Georgia
https://sbwc.georgia.gov/sites/sbwc.geor...ndbook.pdf
You can also retain an atty at any time
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Should read: " most businesses would frown on co- workers giving special treatment/ attention on their claim."
........Edit feature is not working.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-14-2017, 10:18 PM)1171 Wrote: It depends on how you settled. You should review the settlement papers to see if benefits were closed out.
You have the legal right to have the comp court decide on the secondary injury to the other shoulder.
Yes since coverage was denied for the other shoulder you can send the bills to your health insurer.
You don't have to submit a resignation in order to collect all your comp benefits.
Most businesses would frown on campus-workers being given special committee snide ration on their claim.
Additional information on comp in Georgia
https://sbwc.georgia.gov/sites/sbwc.geor...ndbook.pdf
You can also retain an atty at any time

Did you want to post something?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Right shoulder injury Wiscnsin march383 1 1,485 04-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Work injury - shoulder Help! DragonSword 6 7,097 03-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Last Post: DragonSword
  Shoulder Injury sithru22 15 7,972 09-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Last Post: sithru22
  new shoulder injury at work nepatsfan001 12 7,740 09-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  shoulder injurys/job injury leave fathertime 10 12,339 08-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Sad new member with 20month shoulder injury don1956 15 12,367 08-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Last Post: don1956
Sad Help please! 20 years old. workmans comp injury to my shoulder brocco604 4 8,620 08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Last Post: don1956
  Shoulder Injury Surgery denied 4104ever 5 15,074 07-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Last Post: kate
  Shoulder injury kaykay34 2 3,748 03-19-2011, 05:48 PM
  BACKK AND SHOULDER INJURY AND REINJURED AT WORK nana45 5 11,810 02-22-2011, 01:09 AM
Last Post: countryygrl