Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California WC checks terminated before MMI
I kind of skimmed through your posts.

You should discuss the MMI status with your doctor.

You can now apply for state disability if you cannot return to work due to your disability. You will need your doctor to fill out part of the form and with be more money than PD. You apply through the EDD department and can print out a form to apply.

Unless your doctor thinks you can return to work I do not know why he P&S'd you because it stopped your TTD. Who referred you to this doctor, your attorney or your claims adjuster? Have you read his report where he MMI you? Sometimes this is a mistake and why it is good to look into it.

For your date of injury, they do not have to advance you PD payments. Again, if you are not working I highly recommend applying for state disability here.
http://www.edd.ca.gov/Disability/

If you can possibly work with restrictions then you can discuss with your employer about returning to work.

If your employer does not allow you to return to work after being MMI you qualify for two vouchers in the amount of $11,000. total so I would ask your attorney about how to apply for them.

Good luck to you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(04-19-2017, 12:06 AM)California_Help Wrote: I kind of skimmed through your posts.

You can now apply for state disability if you cannot return to work due to your disability. You will need your doctor to fill out part of the form and with be more money than PD. You apply through the EDD department and can print out a form to apply.

Unless your doctor thinks you can return to work I do not know why he P&S'd you because it stopped your TTD. Who referred you to this doctor, your attorney or your claims adjuster? Have you read his report where he MMI you? Sometimes this is a mistake and why it is good to look into it.

For your date of injury, they do not have to advance you PD payments. Again, if you are not working I highly recommend applying for state disability here.

If you can possibly work with restrictions then you can discuss with your employer about returning to work.

If your employer does not allow you to return to work after being MMI you qualify for two vouchers in the amount of $11,000. total so I would ask your attorney about how to apply for them.

Good luck to you.

(04-19-2017, 02:19 AM)123katie Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 12:06 AM)California_Help Wrote: I kind of skimmed through your posts.

Good luck to you.

Hey thanks for the info I appreciate it - my doctor Was chosen by my attorney
He didn't declare me P$S or MMI , no rating , just mailed me a letter that says return to work with a few restrictions on it , I received the letter on 3/27 but it's dated /3/9 , which was the last date I saw him so he dated it to jive with his
Last examination of me , he didn't write it 3/9 if he did I would have gotten it much sooner than 3/27 - the restrictions an are ridiculously lacking common sense for example it says no pushing or pulling but for the section listed "climbing" it's left blank , I don't know what his deal is but climbing is the same or worse than pulling - especially when the accident happened when I fell 10 feet onto solid concrete with back injuries, ribs, pelvis, neck, thigh, hand, wrist, arm head was bleeding was a large bump on it, im right handed and I have no strength in that hand, in regards to discussing the MMI WITH him, I received a letter from the d dense attorney saying an MMI WONT be available until 6/1/17
I've emailed the employer and claims adjuster twice regarding return to work, both were ignored - some unscrupulous stuff going on it seems, the thing that keeps me confident are the facts, I was hurt in the job, hurt badly, hospitalized for 3 days, haven't work d in over a year, still have excruciating back pain and neck pain, weakness , likely rotator cuff tear, QME suggested seeing an orthopedic Surgeon about my back, claims adjuster denied that, anyway thanks again for the info - much appreciated

(04-19-2017, 02:40 AM)123katie Wrote:

Good luck to you.

He didn't declare me P$S or MMI , no rating , just mailed me a letter that says return to work with a few restrictions on it , I received the letter on 3/27 but it's dated /3/9 , which was the last date I saw him so he dated it to jive with his
Last examination of me , he didn't write it 3/9 if he did I would have gotten it much sooner than 3/27 - the restrictions an are ridiculously lacking common sense for example it says no pushing or pulling but for the section listed "climbing" it's left blank , I don't know what his deal is but climbing is the same or worse than pulling - especially when the accident happened when I fell 10 feet onto solid concrete with back injuries, ribs, pelvis, neck, thigh, hand, wrist, arm head was bleeding was a large bump on it, im right handed and I have no strength in that hand, in regards to discussing the MMI WITH him, I received a letter from the d dense attorney saying an MMI WONT be available until 6/1/17
I've emailed the employer and claims adjuster twice regarding return to work, both were ignored - some unscrupulous stuff going on it seems, the thing that keeps me confident are the facts, I was hurt in the job, hurt badly, hospitalized for 3 days, haven't work d in over a year, still have excruciating back pain and neck pain, weakness , likely rotator cuff tear, QME suggested seeing an orthopedic Surgeon about my back, claims adjuster denied that, anyway thanks again for the info - much appreciated

I recommend to apply for state disability ASAP.

Keep a paper trail with contacting employer. I recommend doing it again. You can also consult with a civil employment attorney to see if there is anything going on with not allowing you to RTW with restrictions. How long has I been since you contacted your employer? Your adjuster will not respond because you have an attorney. Have you tried calling your employer?

It sounds strange what your PTP did to you. When you get denials from UR is he appealing them and are requesting IMR? If you have been denied consult with work comp ortho maybe you can use private insurance now for consult. You need to check with your private insurance (if you have it).
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(04-23-2017, 01:59 PM)California_Help Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 02:40 AM)123katie Wrote:

Good luck to you.

I recommend to apply for state disability ASAP.

Keep a paper trail with contacting employer. I recommend doing it again. You can also consult with a civil employment attorney to see if there is anything going on with not allowing you to RTW with restrictions. How long has I been since you contacted your employer? Your adjuster will not respond because you have an attorney. Have you tried calling your employer?

It sounds strange what your PTP did to you. When you get denials from UR is he appealing them and are requesting IMR? If you have been denied consult with work comp ortho maybe you can use private insurance now for consult. You need to check with your private insurance (if you have it).

Well , I didn't call the employer but emailed twice and CC'd my attorney and the claims adjuster in my emails, I didn't call because it's a staffing agency that I had been working for when the accident happened , not as a contractor but as an employee, they can't work me with the restrictions because the work requires climbing ladders and lifting heavy weight and tools and power tools and a lot of stuff that I don't think I could perform well enough yet -
I called the PTP's office requesting med refill, they said come on down, not the doctor , I didn't see him but office employee had the prescription but it's waiting approval at the pharmacy - meanwhile my attorney filed a DOR - expedited hearing to get payments reactivated - also I contacted an SDI ATTORNEYS office, gave them some info. , they said i appear to be eligible and want me to sign a retainer, I told them I would contact my lawyer about it
Thanks so much for helping me I really appreciate it

"SDI attys." Never heard of it. It's not a recognized Legal specialty. Be careful.
Your comp atty should handle.
The expedited hearing should get the ball rolling. The ortho denial should be penalty deepening on what evidence the carrier relied on for their denial.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-23-2017, 05:33 PM)1171 Wrote: "SDI attys." Never heard of it. It's not a recognized Legal specialty. Be careful.
The expedited hearing should get the ball rolling. The ortho denial should be penalty deepening on what evidence the carrier relied on for their denial.

I agree, and have not heard of SDI attorney.

If your doctor mailed you a MMI letter and gave you restrictions, he most likely deemed you MMI. Was the letter from your adjuster or doctor?

It sounds like your attorney is trying to get your work comp TTD started again by filing for a hearing? In the mean time you should be able to apply for state disability here.
http://www.edd.ca.gov/Disability/SDI_Online.htm

(04-24-2017, 10:52 PM)California_Help Wrote:
(04-23-2017, 05:33 PM)1171 Wrote: "SDI attys." Never heard of it. It's not a recognized Legal specialty. Be careful.

If your doctor mailed you a MMI letter and gave you restrictions, he most likely deemed you MMI. Was the letter from your adjuster or doctor?

It sounds like your attorney is trying to get your work comp TTD started again by filing for a hearing? In the mean time you should be able to apply for state disability here.

Thank you for the replies , I appreciate them - the letter was from the doctor not the claims adjuster me the expedited hearing was
Scheduled for today - I got a phone from my attorneys office from a new person assigned to my case, He said the hearing didn't happen because they weren't ready or not informed or something , I've since that phone call emailed them asking to please explain again what happened to the expedited hearing, I am now in extreme hardship, landlady was only working with me because of the expedited hearing to have the tdb reinstated , but that didn't happen - no MMI , no rating - I am completely in shock right now I was expecting the law to be followed and the expedited hearing was my only hope at this time - I'm pretty much screwed

You can also appeal a denial of SDI benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-04-2017, 07:09 PM)123katie Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 10:52 PM)California_Help Wrote:

Thank you for the replies , I appreciate them - the letter was from the doctor not the claims adjuster me the expedited hearing was
Scheduled for today - I got a phone from my attorneys office from a new person assigned to my case, He said the hearing didn't happen because they weren't ready or not informed or something , I've since that phone call emailed them asking to please explain again what happened to the expedited hearing, I am now in extreme hardship, landlady was only working with me because of the expedited hearing to have the tdb reinstated , but that didn't happen - no MMI , no rating - I am completely in shock right now I was expecting the law to be followed and the expedited hearing was my only hope at this time - I'm pretty much screwed

Why have you not applied for state disability? Even if you are past the deadline to apply they often times make exceptions for IW's so I recommend you apply ASAP. The payments are similar to what you were getting for TTD and you can receive this up to a year. Please let me know your status on this. There may be other benefits for you. You can get the forms here.

Also, inquire about the two vouchers, one is a check for 5 grand that you can use on anything. I believe you may qualify for this due to your employer will not allow you to return to work.

Stay on your attorney about the hearing. Make a phone or in person appointment to talk to him if he is not responding.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Terminated for cause Lostandconfused 6 248 09-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Compensation Checks are slightly less than 2/3rds ArizonaBride 5 756 04-14-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Accident while delivering pizza - terminated!! steve11 2 786 08-02-2017, 12:11 PM
  benefits be terminated. hurtnND 2 1,633 02-17-2015, 06:25 PM
  Workman's comp pay reduced/terminated cjeanette 7 5,869 11-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Workers' comp checks Maylene20 2 5,412 10-21-2014, 01:56 AM
  Terminated on W/C johnny1999 7 4,467 05-09-2014, 07:51 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Me vs **no names please**-workcomp checks stopped again. lonestar_61530 4 6,330 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  Irregular workmans comp checks memories1 6 33,710 06-18-2013, 02:08 AM
  IC is sending me 2 checks??? Bobby 2 4,456 06-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Last Post: darruda66