Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question from New York state.
Hey everyone. I was wondering if I'm currently receiving workers compensation benefits would I be able to apply for another job out of state? I understand if I was to accept an offer for example I would obviously need to tell the WC board right away so I stop receiving benefits. But would this stop me from applying for different out of state jobs?

it depends on what type of benefits you are receiving.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

What do you mean exactly? I have 2 more weeks of physical therapy than I can go back to work

work comp has many different benefits.
you can work and get medical benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

But while receiving benefits will I be able to apply for other jobs in another state via computer?

it is not against the law for you to also look for work, fill out an application for work, interview for work and accept a job. it does not matter where the employer is located or whether you use a computer.
are you confusing workers comp with health insurance or unemployment?

here is more information on comp in ny
http://www.wcb.ny.gov/content/main/onthe...nefits.jsp
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

No I'm on worker compensation currently due to an injury in December. I live in NY and have been wanting to move to Florida prior to my injury . I want to apply for jobs in Florida considering I want to live there plus I don't think I'll be able to do my current job anymore or as well or fast.

One problem with moving out of state while getting treatment is that many doctors won't accept work comp reduced payments. You should line up a Florida doctor before moving or wait until all treatment has ended.
You should also be getting temporary disability payments if your doctor has taken you off work.
if you are on temporary disability benefits, you'll need medical clearance or a release for modified work.
Read the link I gave about the other work comp benefits especially if your injury is causing you to change occupations.
Permanent limitations entitle you to other benefits.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York Injured Workers - Urgent - Please Read ChimarenTaylor 7 6,427 02-19-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: 1171
  New York Help Orazio 1 920 02-16-2017, 12:16 AM
  NC State WC employees and State Employee bonus CuriousOneNC 1 1,807 01-06-2016, 06:46 PM
  Help New York Osok 1 1,782 03-26-2015, 10:47 PM
Sad Need help New York Osok 3 2,850 03-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Osok
  Injured New York Workers - Class Action ChimarenTaylor 0 3,443 10-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  Potential Third Party Lawsuit (New York WC Claimants- please read) ChimarenTaylor 9 10,872 09-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  ( New York)Settlement coming ? Anyone have similar circumstances? Blacksmith79 1 3,452 08-19-2014, 02:19 PM
  iME question New York moonjora 2 2,659 07-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Last Post: moonjora
  New York State Retirement Disability Denied Slouray 9 17,093 05-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Jana