Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier....
(02-23-2018, 12:38 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Let's see how much stupid happens....

Good luck!

Maybe that can be a new hashtag for injured workers attempting to get medical treatment.... #let'sseehowmuchstupidhappens. I may need to borrow it though because I am in California. Still having a debate with myself on which is the worst state.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Well.... P.A. is going to see if someone else will do the steroid shot in the hip. She says the hip problem is defiantly from my back injury...
Also... she filled out what she could on the MMI forms.... BUT.. should of read them while we were there... she filled it out for my stupid neck surgery... NOT my lower back.... which Comp and Carrier doesn't want.

So we are still at square 1 with no MMI forms to show.... unless she gets a blank set and fills them out. Also, she never put in the codes on my copy....

Ok.. does anyone in the Medical Field ever read forms or listen to the patient???
Got a message back from someone in the P.A's department telling me flat out she can't fill those forms out and according to my surgeon, I have NOT reached MMI and still being treated....
So I nicely (lol) messaged back telling her if I'm NOT at MMI, then check the box on page 2, Section E that says I'm not at MMI.... and fill out the part that wants to know why and if I'm still being treated... How hard is that?? I also said that my next hearing is March 7th and that form is suppose to be in the Judge's hands before that date... if not, I will be loosing my comp totally... and if I do, then I won't have to worry about being treated because I won't have the money for it...

Update... another doctor will not do the steroid shot in my hip unless the Judge, Ins. Carrier and surgeon all say the pain is caused from my lower back problem. I also got a message from surgeon's secretary.. She says I need to go back to the practice that did my lower back surgery and have them fill out that form.. Surgeon only fills them out for people he sees for surgery.. WHAT??? I saw him for my lower back, he talked surgery, he's the one that decided my neck was more important than my lower back, he's the one who said he would do the back surgery after I recovered from the neck...

I haven't had lower back surgery at all.... Yes everything that has been sent to me on their portal has been printed so I can bring it to my hearing. And sent a copy to my lawyer.. I've had it.....

Well... hearing is once again postponed until next month. And I guess my lawyer is calling in the last IME and question his findings since he states there was nothing wrong with me.

This is getting so tiring.....

Update.... Carrier and Lawyer are now working out a settlement with open medical.. Carrier of course is trying to low ball it... Lawyer says once it's on record that this injury is now causing problems with both hips and my legs, he'll put in even a higher amount... I'll find out if that's true at hearing next month..

Got a call from my lawyer's secretary.... they have the paperwork for the settlement with open medical and I go to his office tomorrow to look them over and sign them.
But will have a few questions...

Ended up in the ER March 11th... they now found a 4th disc involved...
"Mild disc space narrowing and minor bony degenerative changes are present involving the vertebral endplates and facet joints. L3 - four posterior bulges seen."

My surgeon's PA has also put in that both hips are affected, which is also affecting my legs. I do know this settlement is for the lower back injury only. If that's the only thing listed, do you think they can now get the hips and the 4th disc included?? This has to be done this week.. my next hearing is April 16th.

I think you'll need a medical opinion that these conditions were caused by the original work injury.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Papers are signed.. Lawyer will be submitting to Comp and Carrier in the morning...

lets hope it gets approved quickly.
The comp system wasn't working for you and your situation.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

I have a new Judge and he's a lot nicer and listens better than the one I had all these years. Lawyer said if all agree with it on the 16th, I will have a check in 23 days. This Judge couldn't believe how many applications I had out and the other one and the carrier wanted more... He is the one who put an end to that.. which I am grateful for....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 65 7,166 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,680 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,647 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 2,586 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 4,644 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 1,783 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,234 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 4,880 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 5,172 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,213 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds