Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier....
(02-27-2017, 11:56 AM)tbear6410 Wrote: Had my appointment at the new Pain Management Center this morning.   Doctor went through everything pertaining to my lower back.  Only thing he couldn't find was the MRI's done over at SOS... so we go this Friday to get them...  Once he gets them, he can make a sound rating on me.  As of right now, he wants to lean in back to 75% or even more.

He had me sit on the edge of the exam table to do my legs...  Right one just doesn't want to push or pull.. Then he did the reflex test.  Right hardly moved, but left was great....  
Then pushing on spots around lower back...  Spine to right hip is in pain, left hip is getting there...
Laying down, he had me bring up my left leg and cross it over my right knee...  bit of pain and pulling, but not major...  Then the right......   We didn't even go there... couldn't do anything without the pain wanting me to throw up...

He then brought in the Attending.. asked questions, went over everything and did say he would like to try the Nerve Block in my lower back once more.  He doesn't think it was ever done correctly over at the other place.  I told him between the procedure and going home, it was maybe 1/2 hour... he said it should be longer than that if they want to get the right nerves and do the total block.    He says the block should last more than a week.    He also wants to try Burning the Nerves at some point.  That should last up to 6 months.  Told him the last time that was done, it lasted maybe 2 weeks and that was probably because the idiots at my job refused to listen to the note stating I was to take it easy for a few days and no heavy bending, twisting or lifting...    If this doesn't work, then we all talk to Dr. T about surgery.  By then, I should hopefully have this neck brace totally off....

We are also having a meeting with my lawyer at 5pm today... bringing in the paperwork showing where I applied online for jobs and the emails saying SORRY.... paper showing the wrong information that the Carrier has listed and to get my IME reports and to point out the false or wrong information on the last one....  and to talk to him about what we need to do to start a settlement with open medical.   I can't deal with the stress anymore and wondering when am I going to get my biweekly check....

Both the doctor I saw and the Attending say I'll have a very hard time finding a job.  My lower back is a mess and even if I wasn't recuperating from neck surgery, they don't believe ANYONE would hire me.  I'm too much of a risk and it's a fact my back can't handle it no more...  I'm using a cane right now to help, I get anymore gone and I'll be using the walker.... more than that and we buy a wheelchair....  Both are agreeing with me... NO more pain meds at all....

I think trying the nerve burning would be a good idea to see how it goes. I don't see how SSDI would deny your claim. Hang in there.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Wish me luck on everything.... I have my next hearing tomorrow (8th) at 9:30..... Just hoping the new Pain Management Center got the MRI cd's and updated my rating.....

If it is important for your hearing I recommend calling that facility and check if they got and did everything you need.

Good luck. I also recommend submitting pictures of your surgery. Good luck!
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Left message on phone and on their online portal.. even left a message for my lawyer to see if he has heard anything. And I'm bringing copies of my neck x-rays just in case "someone" tries to say I'm faking it.....

Well, about ready to call 2 places and really tell them off.... They actually gave the lawyer the run around and none of my reports were filed with the Ins. Carrier or Comp.... Because of this, I have lost my biweekly checks. AND.... even though I brought in copies of 17 applications with 10 of them NOT HIREABLE, they still are telling me to job search.. and to boot, they have the 100% disabled with total restrictions on my neck. They didn't care... I'm to find a job.. unless those medical reports get done.
I'm still listed at 50% disabled with restrictions on my back, but because those reports from Feb. 28th are not filed, I'm up a creek without a paddle.... (3 other dr's say 75%)
Guess no one will be getting money for bills pertaining to my neck surgery... My husband now has to cover everything..

Sorry to read what is happening to you.

I recommend to do the job search song and dance so it cannot be used against you, unless your attorney advises different...has he advised you on this at all?

I know you are recovering from MAJOR surgery, I recommend asking your husband to help you obtain these reports and get them where they need to be. From what I have seen happen to patients you cannot rely on anyone as far as sending needed reports in to confirm disability and I recommend you to talk to the office manager and have someone pick up what reports you need from them and submit them to where it needs to go. So often patients are wrongfully denied benefits and treatment due to paperwork stag. What in the heck is your attorney doing? Forget him and do it yourself.

Sorry you are going through this. Believe it or not this type of red tape BS is commonplace.

Problem is.... these are the SAME papers I needed filled out back in October for Comp and my SSDI hearing... SOS, Spine & Wellness and 1 other place all refused to do them... all said they don't fill those out anymore for anyone. Lawyer knew this too... If I couldn't get anyone to do them, I knew they wouldn't for the lawyer. Only way now is for him to subpoena my new Pain Management place and my surgeon...
I have also talked until I was blue in the face with the medical records office. All 3 places had mailed them back to the lawyer the 1st time with notes stating they don't do them...
On top of all this, the lawyer that took his place this morning talked to the Carrier's lawyer and they said no nerve block requests or even anything for settling with open medical has come to them YET... Which is weird cause I was told on Feb. 28th that Pain Mang. was putting that in on March 1st and I had a face to face with my lawyer on Feb. 27th and he put that call in to the Carrier about the settlement with open medical..

I will be calling my lawyer tomorrow about all this. Because of no checks, I can't even see my surgeon for my neck surgery.. I have no way to pay for these appointments.

If these were forms that SSDI has doctors fill out to confirm disability they cannot force a doctor to fill them out and many if not most doctors refuse to fill them out. Your attorney should have sent you to a physician who is well versed in this and does not have a problem filling out a form to confirm disability. Sometimes the patient has to go out on their own to get a doctor who does this. Is the attorney helping you with this both a SSDI and work comp attorney?

I am not familiar with the rules in your state with work comp. In California for example work comp doctors within the providers network are required to fill out basic forms (not SSDI). It sounds like this is not the case with your state with work comp.

These were also papers that Comp and Carrier both want... not just SS....
Same lawyer for both....

Just got off the phone with Pain Management... I just wanted to smack someone..
Secretary tells me:
1. Nerve Block Request JUST went in yesterday even though I was told it was done March 1st.
2. They already had my MRI's in their computer.
3. Those papers were sent to a different company to be filled out even though both my doctors are suppose to do it and it can take a few weeks or more to get back to them, then they mail them to the lawyer...
4. As of this date and time, my appointment with them on Feb. 28th is STILL not in the computer and no records, reports or ratings is there...

As for those same papers for SSDI.... the Judge is the one demanding they get filled out. She needs them to make a ruling on if I get SSDI or not. She wasn't happy the first hearing when we didn't have them and didn't like us saying we were told they don't do them anymore....

(03-09-2017, 03:44 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: These were also papers that Comp and Carrier both want... not just SS....
Same lawyer for both....

Just got off the phone with Pain Management...  I just wanted to smack someone..
Secretary tells me:
1. Nerve Block Request JUST went in yesterday even  though I was told it was done March 1st.
2. They already had my MRI's in their computer.
3. Those papers were sent to a different company to be filled out even though both my doctors are suppose to do it and it can take a few weeks or more to get back to them, then they mail them to the lawyer...
4. As of this date and time, my appointment with them on Feb. 28th is STILL not in the computer and no records, reports or ratings is there...

As for those same papers for SSDI....  the Judge is the one demanding they get filled out.  She needs them to make a ruling on if I get SSDI or not.  She wasn't happy the first hearing when we didn't have them and didn't like us saying we were told they don't do them anymore....

The timeframe for medical reports to be submitted is similar to here in California. For myself depending upon the doctor I know it can take 20-30 days before their report is transcribed and the request is sent out. It sounds like the report may have gotten send to be transcribed. Treatments request in work comp and private insurance take some time to be submitted. I know this does not help you as your benefits have gotten cut off due to these delays. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

I hope your attorney has a plan for if these doctors offices refuse to fill out these forms. Again he should know of doctors who specifically do this if he does SSDI regularly as some doctors this is a lot of what they do. You recently had a very dangerous, evasive surgery and I cannot believe you are not getting more help with this from your attorney. I do know filing out these forms are important as it justifies disability and benefits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 65 11,639 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,930 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,912 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 3,082 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 5,475 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 1,932 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,500 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 5,401 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 5,770 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,515 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds