Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier....
Settlement has never been discussed.... I'm so tired of it all that I'm about ready to tell my lawyer to start that. On top of all this, I have my next SSDI hearing on May 2nd and hopefully that will go in my favor.
I'm just hoping when I go to PM on the 27th that they do say I'm 75% or even more and all the restrictions stay... My pinched nerves were real bad yesterday that if I didn't have my cane in one hand and my husband holding my other arm, I would of been on the floor...

ohh and also on this hearing paper.... Failure to produce this report (up to date med records) may result in the reduction or suspension of your benefits... Nice way to slap someone in the face...

For someone that can't be helped by the comp system a settlement can resolve your complaints and relieve the extra stress.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(02-17-2017, 09:47 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Settlement has never been discussed....   I'm so tired of it all that I'm about ready to tell my lawyer to start that.  On top of all this, I have my next SSDI hearing on May 2nd and hopefully that will go in my favor.
I'm just hoping when I go to PM on the 27th that they do say I'm 75% or even more and all the restrictions stay...  My pinched nerves were real bad yesterday that if I didn't have my cane in one hand and my husband holding my other arm, I would of been on the floor...

ohh and also on this hearing paper....  Failure to produce this report (up to date med records) may result in the reduction or suspension of your benefits...     Nice way to slap someone in the face...

I do not see how you would not be approved for SSDI in your condition.

Please ask your spouse to help you obtain up to date medical records and submit that, as you are recovering from major surgery.

How are you doing with pain? Has your recent surgery helped yet with pain and function?

If you can settle and close out your medical and are approved for SSDI you will get Medicare within a few months and you can use your MSA ad then Medicare. If you are covered by your spouses private insurance Medicare will be considered secondary coverage and you will have to use the private insurance first.

Tbear I wish you good luck with everything and hope you are feeling better soon. Make sure you are not overdoing it to avoid reinjury. You had a horrific surgery. Try not to stress. I think everything will work out especially with SSDI.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

That's just it.... Comp and Ins. Carrier has every known medical record with my name on it. Newest will be next week and I'll have to make sure them and SSDI gets copies. As far as Comp and Carrier are concerned, they say I can work and they don't care about the neck surgery.

As for the neck surgery, I was never in any pain.... I didn't know I had a major problem until I saw my new surgeon. As stated before, he can't understand how the 1st surgeon missed it. The surgery pain is still there but not intense... It's low enough that I can feel all the pain from mid to lower back. And the lower nerves are getting pinched even more and that pain is worse than my neck.

When I see my surgeon for the back on the 23rd, I will be asking when can I get that surgery done... Need it done before Comp and Carrier drop me. If they do, there is no way I can afford another surgery. I will be calling my lawyer tomorrow and telling him flat out we are meeting in his office on the 27th.

You should be thinking about another atty.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Oh that's crossed my mind.... If he gives me anymore of a run around, he's out of here... Sometimes, I think it's his attitude secretary that doesn't give him the messages....
I just don't want to go for #4....

(02-19-2017, 02:21 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: That's just it....  Comp and Ins. Carrier has every known medical record with my name on it.   Newest will be next week and I'll have to make sure them and SSDI gets copies.   As far as Comp and Carrier are concerned, they say I can work and they don't care about the neck surgery.

As for the neck surgery, I was never in any pain....  I didn't know I had a major problem until I saw my new surgeon.   As stated before, he can't understand how the 1st surgeon missed it.    The surgery pain is still there but not intense...  It's low enough that I can feel all the pain from mid to lower back.  And the lower nerves are getting pinched even more and that pain is worse than my neck.

When I see my surgeon for the back on the 23rd, I will be asking when can I get that surgery done...  Need it done before Comp and Carrier drop me.   If they do, there is no way I can afford another surgery.  I will be calling my lawyer tomorrow and telling him flat out we are meeting in his office on the 27th.
I do not understand how you would need such an evasive surgery on your neck if you did no have any pain in your neck. What was his reasoning, I remember you wrote something but I do not recall, you can send me a pm? Please get another opinion before letting him do your lower back. Always get at least one other before doing surgery.

I hope you are feeling better soon.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Calif. Help...    only problem I ever had that I didn't know it was from the neck was the few times my left arm went totally numb and couldn't hold a spoon...  then when I joined a gym for swimming to try and help my lower back, it would feel like my neck would have a tinging to it and my left are would ache.  I just tied all that together to me using a cane in my left hand and swimming for the first time in years.  Yes I had what it sounded like Snap-Crackle-Pop in my neck, but still... I'm in my 50's and bones and joints do that....
But what it was, the calcified bone pushing into my spinal cord was causing the tingling in the neck and numb arm.  The Rice Krisipies sound was no discs in a couple spots so it was bone on bone....
The only thing that would clear this up was the surgery I had.  It was either get this done or risk being paralyzed for life...  Yes, it was that bad.  Besides my surgeon, there were people from neuro in the OR too... I was hooked up to things that were keeping track of my nervous system because of the risk...

As for my lower back, I have a few sections that's just about bone on bone, one spot the disc is totally flat, bone spurs, pinched nerves and all this is affecting the back and  mainly my right hip and leg too.  And this doesn't include the nerve damage in the middle of my back from the SCS when I had it placed and whatever damage it did in my spinal column.  My first surgeon that had done the SCS is the one that totally messed up my mid back.  I can live with that for now, but my lower back is worse than ever.   I've had a second opinion on it and they all compared the MRI's, Scans and X-Rays and they say it needs to be done.  1st. surgeon said my back is fine... just go get pain pills and live with it.   I know there are a lot of options for the surgery....  

1. Removing the bones and placing rods and screws
2. Disc Replacement
3. Just cleaning the area out as best as possible
4. Fusion
5. Lamindectomy
and a few more....    When I talk with the surgeon next month, me and Steve will be asking about each procedure and which one would work the best.   And get all the info needed on the perm. damage in mid back to get a case going on it.

(02-20-2017, 10:29 AM)tbear6410 Wrote: Calif. Help...    only problem I ever had that I didn't know it was from the neck was the few times my left arm went totally numb and couldn't hold a spoon...  then when I joined a gym for swimming to try and help my lower back, it would feel like my neck would have a tinging to it and my left are would ache.  I just tied all that together to me using a cane in my left hand and swimming for the first time in years.  Yes I had what it sounded like Snap-Crackle-Pop in my neck, but still... I'm in my 50's and bones and joints do that....
But what it was, the calcified bone pushing into my spinal cord was causing the tingling in the neck and numb arm.  The Rice Krisipies sound was no discs in a couple spots so it was bone on bone....
The only thing that would clear this up was the surgery I had.  It was either get this done or risk being paralyzed for life...  Yes, it was that bad.  Besides my surgeon, there were people from neuro in the OR too... I was hooked up to things that were keeping track of my nervous system because of the risk...

As for my lower back, I have a few sections that's just about bone on bone, one spot the disc is totally flat, bone spurs, pinched nerves and all this is affecting the back and  mainly my right hip and leg too.  And this doesn't include the nerve damage in the middle of my back from the SCS when I had it placed and whatever damage it did in my spinal column.  My first surgeon that had done the SCS is the one that totally messed up my mid back.  I can live with that for now, but my lower back is worse than ever.   I've had a second opinion on it and they all compared the MRI's, Scans and X-Rays and they say it needs to be done.  1st. surgeon said my back is fine... just go get pain pills and live with it.   I know there are a lot of options for the surgery....  

1. Removing the bones and placing rods and screws
2. Disc Replacement
3. Just cleaning the area out as best as possible
4. Fusion
5. Lamindectomy
and a few more....    When I talk with the surgeon next month, me and Steve will be asking about each procedure and which one would work the best.   And get all the info needed on the perm. damage in mid back to get a case going on it.

You have been through so much. You are a very strong person. I am glad your husband is going with you.

Had my appointment at the new Pain Management Center this morning. Doctor went through everything pertaining to my lower back. Only thing he couldn't find was the MRI's done over at SOS... so we go this Friday to get them... Once he gets them, he can make a sound rating on me. As of right now, he wants to lean in back to 75% or even more.

He had me sit on the edge of the exam table to do my legs... Right one just doesn't want to push or pull.. Then he did the reflex test. Right hardly moved, but left was great....
Then pushing on spots around lower back... Spine to right hip is in pain, left hip is getting there...
Laying down, he had me bring up my left leg and cross it over my right knee... bit of pain and pulling, but not major... Then the right...... We didn't even go there... couldn't do anything without the pain wanting me to throw up...

He then brought in the Attending.. asked questions, went over everything and did say he would like to try the Nerve Block in my lower back once more. He doesn't think it was ever done correctly over at the other place. I told him between the procedure and going home, it was maybe 1/2 hour... he said it should be longer than that if they want to get the right nerves and do the total block. He says the block should last more than a week. He also wants to try Burning the Nerves at some point. That should last up to 6 months. Told him the last time that was done, it lasted maybe 2 weeks and that was probably because the idiots at my job refused to listen to the note stating I was to take it easy for a few days and no heavy bending, twisting or lifting... If this doesn't work, then we all talk to Dr. T about surgery. By then, I should hopefully have this neck brace totally off....

We are also having a meeting with my lawyer at 5pm today... bringing in the paperwork showing where I applied online for jobs and the emails saying SORRY.... paper showing the wrong information that the Carrier has listed and to get my IME reports and to point out the false or wrong information on the last one.... and to talk to him about what we need to do to start a settlement with open medical. I can't deal with the stress anymore and wondering when am I going to get my biweekly check....

Both the doctor I saw and the Attending say I'll have a very hard time finding a job. My lower back is a mess and even if I wasn't recuperating from neck surgery, they don't believe ANYONE would hire me. I'm too much of a risk and it's a fact my back can't handle it no more... I'm using a cane right now to help, I get anymore gone and I'll be using the walker.... more than that and we buy a wheelchair.... Both are agreeing with me... NO more pain meds at all....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 65 7,215 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,688 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,654 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 2,594 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 4,653 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 1,783 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,239 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 4,887 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 5,180 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,217 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds