Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier....
Update.....

Got the epidural on Tuesday, my lower back feels like a train ran over it. Both legs feel like they have a vibrator on low and it's from hip to toes.. I do still have my PM appt. on the 30th, so hopefully this goes away and we know if this worked.

I also received the paper from the Carrier in the mail today asking Comp for a hearing on MMI and Permanency. So now we wait for that.. And yes, we are asking to keep medical open..

(10-19-2017, 02:52 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Update.....

Got the epidural on Tuesday, my lower back feels like a train ran over it.   Both legs feel like they have a vibrator on low and it's from hip to toes..   I do still have my PM appt. on the 30th, so hopefully this goes away and we know if this worked.

I also received the paper from the Carrier in the mail today asking Comp for a hearing on MMI and Permanency.   So now we wait for that..  And yes, we are asking to keep medical open..

Can I ask what your doctor said about these side effects?

Are you sure you want open medical in this system? I would only recommend to close it if you have alternative insurance that will cover it. I write this as I have seen the difficulties you have gone through getting medical treatment.

I hope you feel better soon.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Because of the swelling around the spinal cord and all the pinched nerves in that section, they put it as close as they could to my spinal cord. This is from my discharge paperwork:

1. Dizziness when changing position - sit up slowly
2. Numbness & tingling in either arms/legs
3. Weakness, especially in the legs if injection is placed in lower back
4. Soreness from the needle
5. You may experience increased pain for up to two days following the injection

They said I would start to notice if this works in about a week. Said to use an ice pack for 20 minutes at a time..

As for open medical, YES... Since I'm on Medicare, they have already told me they won't pay a dime for a work injury. So if I settle and close it all out, then the money goes for procedures and appointments. And we figured, since they like to stick it to me, they can pay for my medical..

Are you familiar with how a Medicare set aside works?
https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coordinatio...rview.html
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Saw my surgeon's PA this morning. She wants to try a different shot that will be done right in the 3 spots where the disc are bulging and one towards my right hip. She also had me get a SI belt to see if that will help with the pain in the right hip and down the right leg. She says if the shots don't help, then maybe we talk surgery... She also thinks there's a tear in the muscle near my hip due to the way I walk.... believe she called it a Hip Labral Tear

Getting tired of the needles in my back now...

(11-14-2017, 02:48 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Saw my surgeon's PA this morning.   She wants to try a different shot that will be done right in the 3 spots where the disc are bulging and one towards my right hip.   She also had me get a SI belt to see if that will help with the pain in the right hip and down the right leg.    She says if the shots don't help, then maybe we talk surgery...  She also thinks there's a tear in the muscle near my hip due to the way I walk.... believe she called it a Hip Labral Tear

Getting tired of the needles in my back now...

You have the right to say no.

I recommend asking what is the steroid medication she is going to be using.

Have you gotten any improvement with the side effects from the last injection?

I hope your new brace will help you. I wear a back brace (under my clothes) and it makes a huge difference in pain. I have even worn it while sleeping when things get really bad.

I wonder if a hot cold machine would also help you.

Stay strong.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Hi Calif...

The epidural last month didn't do anything at all... I wore the Belt all day yesterday and when I got up this morning.. Seems to make my right leg totally numb so it doesn't hold me up.. Left leg is being affected too, but not like my right leg..

Couple weeks ago, my lawyer mailed me the MMI/Perm. Impairment papers... Pain Management wouldn't touch them.. so we brought them with us to my appointment yesterday. They told us that they don't know why he wants them filled out when I haven't even hit that stage yet.. and we were told that if the lawyer wants them done, HE needs to fax them with a letter requesting it.. So I talked to my lawyer today... he made it sound like it's my fault they are making him request the paperwork... I told him if he wants them to fill it out bad enough, he'll do as they ask...
Then he asks me if I've been job searching, gone to CNY Works or even ACCES-VR... told him I've been in so much pain, I've been either on the couch or in bed... I haven't been really sleeping due to the pain, hate eating cause the pain makes my stomach upset, blood pressure is up a bit too.. So no... I haven't been in my right mind or whatever to do this stuff... If I do leave the house, I'm in a wheelchair cause we don't trust my legs..

So now, he has to try and file with comp for my right hip problems and get that report from my surgeon's office so it can show the lower back is causing more problems..

I have a heating pad, microwave corn bags and ice packs... none of it helps... I can't even sit long anymore.. 5 minutes in any chair and my back & legs are gone...

(11-15-2017, 03:33 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Hi Calif...

The epidural last month didn't do anything at all...  I wore the Belt all day yesterday and when I got up this morning.. Seems to make my right leg totally numb so it doesn't hold me up..  Left leg is being affected too, but not like my right leg..  

Couple weeks ago, my lawyer mailed me the MMI/Perm. Impairment papers...  Pain Management wouldn't touch them.. so we brought them with us to my appointment yesterday.   They told us that they don't know why he wants them filled out when I haven't even hit that stage yet.. and we were told that if the lawyer wants them done, HE needs to fax them with a letter requesting it..   So I talked to my lawyer today... he made it sound like it's my fault they are making him request the paperwork...  I told him if he wants them to fill it out bad enough, he'll do as they ask...
Then he asks me if I've been job searching, gone to CNY Works or even ACCES-VR... told him I've been in so much pain, I've been either on the couch or in bed...  I haven't been really sleeping due to the pain, hate eating cause the pain makes my stomach upset, blood pressure is up a bit too..   So no... I haven't been in my right mind or whatever to do this stuff...  If I do leave the house, I'm in a wheelchair cause we don't trust my legs..

So now, he has to try and file with comp for my right hip problems and get that report from my surgeon's office so it can show the lower back is causing more problems..

I have a heating pad, microwave corn bags and ice packs...  none of it helps...   I can't even sit long anymore.. 5 minutes in any chair and my back & legs are gone...

I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Received 2 papers in the mail today.. Both from Comp.. Any ideas on either??

1. Carrier/Employer:
In your Request for Further Action form 11/16/17 you indicated that you now have new or requested documentation.

This may be the stupid report from this last IME who really didn't do anything pertaining to questions, exams or even looking at films or cd's.. This quack even is trying to state that I'm at MMI and nothing more should be done to me at all... but according to my surgeon and Pain Management, they want to try 1 more shot and then hopefully surgery. And since I'm STILL being treated, they won't fill out the MMI paperwork...

2.Carrier/Employer:
In your Request for Further Action form of 11/16/2017 you indicated that you request a resolution regarding a non-schedule award.

This one I have no clue what is going on.... Hubby thinks they want to start the settlement talks...

I would say that #2 is just acknowledging that you want to finalize your impairment benefits.
Whether they agree or not is unknown.
legalese that probably means very little; just probably a form they have to send.
Yawn.....
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 65 7,341 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,696 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,670 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 2,608 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 4,667 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 1,789 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,248 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 4,902 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 5,195 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,227 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds