Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier....
yup. they don't willing accept the dollar losses of permanent total willingly. that's the ultimate failure of medical science.
maybe in the future they'll have you strap on an exoskeleton and declare you better then human.
I guess i've been watching too many sci-fi shows.
Be well.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(08-08-2017, 04:57 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Update time...

The Office of the Chair over ruled the Comp Judge and Ins. Carrier and approved the Nerve Blocks.  Had that done on July 26th..  only problem now is I have more pain in my lower back, the burning in the spine and my legs have been giving out.  PM had me come in today to see what is going on.. The Dr. who did the procedure thinks because the one part is now blocked, other pain and problems are showing their ugly head...   She put in for a MRI stat for my lower back.  She is hoping not to find too big of a problem and it can be taken care of with epidurals.. if there is a change, then we all go chat with the surgeon.  I'm crossing my fingers for the shots.  It hasn't been a year yet since my neck surgery.
She also agrees that my rating should be changed from Temporary Partial to Perm. Total.  She says my lower back is getting worse, not better and this isn't a Temporary problem either...

This is bad enough that I actually purchased a wheelchair and use that when we take our grand-daughter out places because I can't walk far...  But Comp and the Carrier are STILL telling me to find a job or I loose my checks..

Did the increase in pain and numbness in legs happen after the nerve blocks?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Yes... almost a week later. That's why they had me come in today. Guess there are 2 nerves that swing towards your legs, a small one and the main larger one. they did the block on the small but not the other. So now I have problem 2 rearing up

(08-09-2017, 12:00 AM)tbear6410 Wrote: Yes...  almost a week later.   That's why they had me come in today.  Guess there are 2 nerves that swing towards your legs, a small one and the main larger one.   they did the block on the small but not the other. So now I have problem 2 rearing up

https://www.spine-health.com/treatment/i...injections

https://www.completepaincare.com/patient...ve-blocks/

Do you know what type of block you had?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Believe it was the Facet. 3 on the right, 3 on the left. They numbed the area first, then the block, then steroids... Do know the 2 bones on each side of the spine at hip level feel like someone knuckle punched them nonstop. Those shots hurt the worst.

(08-09-2017, 09:20 AM)tbear6410 Wrote: Believe it was the Facet.  3 on the right, 3 on the left.   They numbed the area first, then the block, then steroids...  Do know the 2 bones on each side of the spine at hip level feel like someone knuckle punched them nonstop.  Those shots hurt the worst.

The SI joint?

Sometimes these blocks can cause temporary pain increase, and leg issues the first few days or so. Interesting you got increase of symptoms a week later. I have read from patients they had pain relief the first week and then it went away, which makes me wonder if it was just the numbing medications given during the procedure. I hope it calms down. If it does not and becomes permanent, I would be concerned something happened as a result of these shots. They can cause infection and nerve damage (listed in links in my previous post), so keep an eye out for further symptoms.  

Were you ever prescribed a hot/cold machine? It helped me with pain in the lumbar area with the cold, a lot better than regular icing it (I do not know if your state or WC IC covers this).

Unbelievable they are still making you apply for jobs in the medical state you are in. Just continue to do it so they do not have a reason to stop benefitsSad

Best to you tbear6410.

I was just told to use an ice pack.. 20 minutes on, 1 hour off as needed for the pain.. Today marks 2 weeks since this was done and the doctor is on the concerned side... hence why she wants an MRI done.
First few days was the normal pain at needle marks... they stung just like if I got a IV (hate those things)... This place does not do sedation with facet procedures. Other place would sedate me just enough not to feel the needles.. Dr. discussed the epidurals and I had to ask her where she would be doing them.... She asked if I ever had them when I had my kids... nope, all natural...

As for the jobs, it's so hard sitting here putting in applications then getting the denial emails. Since February, I've put in over 50 now and have gotten denial emails from all but the last 18 that are new. Just don't understand why they can't see no one will hire me.... how many denials do I need before it sinks into their brains... Ohh and I can't put in for a job that I'm not qualified for.. They have a list of them and if I go beyond my qualifications, that can result in loss of checks.

(08-09-2017, 12:54 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: I was just told to use an ice pack.. 20 minutes on, 1 hour off as needed for the pain..   Today marks 2 weeks since this was done and the doctor is on the concerned side... hence why she wants an MRI done.
First few days was the normal pain at needle marks... they stung just like if I got a IV (hate those things)...  This place does not do sedation with facet procedures.  Other place would sedate me just enough not to feel the needles..   Dr. discussed the epidurals and I had to ask her where she would be doing them....  She asked if I ever had them when I had my kids... nope, all natural...

As for the jobs, it's so hard sitting here putting in applications then getting the denial emails.  Since February, I've put in over 50 now and have gotten denial emails from all but the last 18 that are new.    Just don't understand why they can't see no one will hire me....  how many denials do I need before it sinks into their brains...  Ohh and I can't put in for a job that I'm not qualified for..  They have a list of them and if I go beyond my qualifications, that can result in loss of checks.

I feel like many physicians are not discussing all of the possible risks of these injections with patients. Sorry, just my 2 cents. Hopefully the pain will calm down. It may have just irritated something temporarily.

The title of your thread "getting tired of my insurance carrier"....I cannot believe the BS they are making you do. I know what surgery you had and it just blows my mind what they are doing. Horrible.

Stay strong. You will get through this.

3 weeks now since the Nerve Block Shots. Can honestly say they didn't work and the pain is still there and worse.. legs go wonky all the time. It's been a week and no one has heard back on the MRI. I had to message the PM Center the other day because of the pain and my legs refused to hold me up. My son stayed up until hubby got home from work. He actually thought I was just gonna hit the floor if I stood. Told the dr. in the message if nothing is heard by tomorrow (18th), I will have my lawyer bring it up at the hearing. By that time, it will be 2 weeks that the request was put in. The dr. was hoping to have it done fast.... If it gets done by 28th, then I keep that appointment with her.. if not, then I cancel that appointment and wait (as usual) until the Carrier gets off their rear and gives an answer.... I also told my lawyer if we don't hear anything about a settlement by the 21st., then I want it brought up at the hearing and the fact that we were told by the Carrier's lawyer that they'll get it started at our last meeting...

(08-17-2017, 09:01 AM)tbear6410 Wrote: 3 weeks now since the Nerve Block Shots.  Can honestly say they didn't work and the pain is still there and worse.. legs go wonky all the time.  It's been a week and no one has heard back on the MRI.   I had to message the PM Center the other day because of the pain and my legs refused to hold me up.  My son stayed up until hubby got home from work.  He actually thought I was just gonna hit the floor if I stood.   Told the dr. in the message if nothing is heard by tomorrow (18th), I will have my lawyer bring it up at the hearing.  By that time, it will be 2 weeks that the request was put in.  The dr. was hoping to have it done fast....   If it gets done by 28th, then I keep that appointment with her.. if not, then I cancel that appointment and wait (as usual) until the Carrier gets off their rear and gives an answer....   I also told my lawyer if we don't hear anything about a settlement by the 21st., then I want it brought up at the hearing and the fact that we were told by the Carrier's lawyer that they'll get it started at our last meeting...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 65 11,879 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,937 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,923 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 3,111 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 5,509 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 1,943 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,505 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 5,416 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 5,785 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,522 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds