Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier....
(01-19-2018, 04:33 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: I got a call back from Pain Management..  She says the only way to get the MMI forms filled out is to go to a Physical Therapist that they will schedule me with and have a FCC or whatever it's called done.  I asked can this all be done and forms filled out and returned to Workers Comp and my lawyer by March 7th..  She said no..  They are booked until April..  
I asked if they bothered to read the Comp paper where it states those forms MUST be turned in by March 7th..  Said they don't care, they'll schedule when there is an opening in April or after....

Thanks for nothing.....  guess we tell my lawyer that I've really had it and I want total settlement.. even closing out medical...   My 90 days is up on Feb. 28th and I can't even get in to see the PA just for s**ts and giggles...

I don't know if a phone call or letter to the doctor would help, I assume you have already contacted the office manager. I have seen good doctors have incompetent office staff.

I don't know what work comp attorney's do in your state, but in California if this happened to an injured worker I would expect the attorney to either call the facility or write a letter to the physician and if this does not work help you find a different medical provider.

The lack of empathy from this place would make me never want to go back there again.(JMO)

Sorry this is happening to you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

My lawyer has faxed and mailed papers to both the surgeon's office and pain management.. They tell me they never get stuff which I think is a crock of carp..

2nd paper in the mail from Ins. Carrier disputing the amount for a bill... Don't know what's going on, they've never done this before...

(01-20-2018, 05:12 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: 2nd paper in the mail from Ins. Carrier disputing the amount for a bill...  Don't know what's going on, they've never done this before...
I am not familiar with your states rules. In my state billing disputes are usually just between the medical provider and insurance company.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Think they send me a copy of it... it is addressed to me and the office where I go (or did go)..
Right now, I'm trying to get in for a simple appointment before my 90 day hits... and the only day my husband has open is Feb. 13th. His new job already has his schedule done up until Feb. 17th.... They are even trying to reschedule that right hip injection.... rather just have a face to face than that...
The only day they gave him off due to an appointment that can't be canceled is Jan. 31st for my Hematology visit....

Going to see when my lawyer has time for a visit so we can go talk to him before the hearing.. Because of the way surgeon's office and Pain Management has treated me or not treated me, both saying nothing more can be done.... We want to settle and close out medical.. Besides, it takes the IC more than 30 days to approve or deny anything....

(01-25-2018, 12:28 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: . We want to settle and close out medical..  Besides, it takes the IC more than 30 days to approve or deny anything....

Yup.
This is not a company that wants long term clients.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Right Hip Injection was rescheduled for the 13th... at least hubby is off that day.. But I can't get in to see the P.A until March 2nd and that will mark day 92... she's booked solid... hopefully Comp or the stupid Carrier doesn't hold that against me... And as of today, no C-4.3 MMI forms have been filled out... Was told since they are going to try that stupid injection, by law, I'm still being treated... yeah right....

(01-31-2018, 05:03 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Right Hip Injection was rescheduled for the 13th... at least hubby is off that day.. But I can't get in to see the P.A until March 2nd and that will mark day 92... she's booked solid... hopefully Comp or the stupid Carrier doesn't hold that against me... And as of today, no C-4.3 MMI forms have been filled out... Was told since they are going to try that stupid injection, by law, I'm still being treated... yeah right....

I am having a debate with myself on if your state is worse than mine with WC....not sure.

Hang in there.

Well.. hip injection never happened yesterday...

Get up to the hospital where it was being done.. they have the note saying I needed to be out by 1:00 to make my iron infusion appointment on the other side of the city...
2 nurses come out to talk to us... seems there is a problem....  someone put it in my notes that I break out in hives and welts when given any type of steroid.... no... I get a steroidal flush.. my face and upper chest has a slight sunburn look, sections above my knees and elbows will get pretty warm and I get itchy some of the time...
So they go back to talk to the doctor that will be doing the shot...  1/2 hour goes by and hubby has to ask whats going on...we need to be out of there by 1..  
So I'm finally called back.. get in scrubs, etc...  Talk to the doctor, tech and 2 other nurses...  Seems when I get these flushes with steroids, NO ONE ever told me that's considered a bad reaction.. and the doctor asked me if I've had any procedures done in the last few weeks or so..  ummm like I told the nurse on the phone, I had my first iron infusion last week on the 7th.. Ohh then we can't do this.  We need to use a contrast and the iron infusion will mess up the scans..
Great... why didn't the nurse on the phone tell me this??  and how come when I had nerve blocks done here twice, no one mentioned the steroidal flush??  They will look into it..

So me and hubby decided to just keep my appointment with the P.A on the 19th because by Comp law, you have to be seen every 90 days....  28th is the 90th..      Get to my next appointment and my phone goes off....  Here goes my stress and blood pressure..   Nurse from P.A's office calls me and says they have to reschedule me because the P.A isn't working the 19th..  I tell her that's not my problem.. you scheduled me that day and I need to be seen for Comp and my hearing is March 7th... this nurse tries to say I made it... HOW???  I'm not in your office... I'm not using your computer...  

So now I get to tell my lawyer that I didn't have the procedure done, can't get in to see anyone until mid to late March... way past my hearing and the time limit... MMI C-4.3 Forms are NOT filled out either...  And I get to sit here longer in major pain cause they can't do anything for me...

Wish me luck and no high blood pressure.. they were able to get me in today with the P.A at 1pm.. Let's see how much stupid happens....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 65 7,189 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,685 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,651 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 2,589 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 4,650 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 1,783 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,236 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 4,885 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 5,174 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,217 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds