Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier....
So sorry for everything you’re going through Tbear. I can’t imagine the physical pain you must be in. I hope you are able to find some relief and some less stressful days ahead. ?

As of today, there is still no word from the IC about that injection the PA wants to try.. Request went in Nov. 22nd.

Got the paper from Comp demanding the C-4.3 form and wants it by the next hearing. I've been trying to get this filled out since God knows when. My surgeon's secretary keeps saying he won't because I'm not at MMI... so... then check the stupid part on page 2 pertaining to this and get the forms in...
But on the other hand, him. his PA and Pain Management all say there is nothing more they can do for me. So if there isn't anything more, then shouldn't I be at MMI???

It's expensive but you can depose them under oath and question their logic and clarify their opinion.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

I've emailed my lawyer to keep him up to date on this.. Every time, he asks if I can get a face to face with the surgeon to get the forms filled out.. Each time I've told him I've gone through his office's website to schedule an appointment (the way they want you to do) and I've called his office... voicemail and no call backs.

Today, I went to the building with those forms and a copy of the Comp paper,, this one lady told me Billing will do them.. WHAT?? I told her flat out... my surgeon needs to fill those out, sign them and get them to Comp and my lawyer. She said she would bring them to his office and see.. Talk about snarky..

You got to get them away from their office and all the barriers. When you are in their world they are in control.
Just like your atty.......
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Just emailed my lawyer telling him I'm tired of it all. Between the stress and pain, my numbers have been going up and my family doctor just had to put me on a second medication for diabetes and she has me listed with depression..

Surgeon is refusing to fill out the C-4.3 forms... tells me to have Pain Management do them...
WHAT??? I asked them twice before to fill them out and was told they can't, only my treating surgeon can. I even found out a PA can't do them. I even gave the surgeon a copy of the Comp paper where the Judge demanded the surgeon to fill them out.
Pain Management says this is a surgical thing now... specially with the 1 disc pressing into my spinal cord and 2 others pinching my nerves and affecting my legs... But the PA says this isn't surgical and there is nothing more to do... So both places won't do those forms, says nothing more they can do.... Just don't know what to do anymore..

You did right; let your lawyer Handel it

I got another message from surgeon's secretary saying to call Pain Management and they'll fill them out. So I sent a message to them with a copy of the Comp paper. They messaged back to call for one and bring the forms. I just called there to do that and I'm now told Pain Management does not fill them out at all for no one... She tells me to have my family doctor do them..
1. Family Doctor has never seen or treated my injury
2. She says by law, she can't fill those out

So another email to my lawyer.. And I'm thinking of canceling that injection the PA wanted to try... if all other shots/injections didn't work, what makes her think this one will??

(01-19-2018, 11:25 AM)tbear6410 Wrote: I got another message from surgeon's secretary saying to call Pain Management and they'll fill them out.  So I sent a message to them with a copy of the Comp paper.  They messaged back to call for one and bring the forms.   I just called there to do that and I'm now told Pain Management does not fill them out at all for no one...   She tells me to have my family doctor do them..
1. Family Doctor has never seen or treated my injury
2. She says by law, she can't fill those out

So another email to my lawyer..   And I'm thinking of canceling that injection the PA wanted to try... if all other shots/injections didn't work, what makes her think this one will??

From what I have read sometimes an epidural does not work every time. Some patients have had an epidural and it did not work and then the second time it worked. They come with risks, and I just posted about them on another post. I understand why you would not want to do another, and I remember one resulted in more pain for you, which I hope resolved.

I hope your attorney intervenes and helps you to get those forms filled out or I recommend switching to another doctor, but understand that can also be difficult.

Hang in there.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I got a call back from Pain Management.. She says the only way to get the MMI forms filled out is to go to a Physical Therapist that they will schedule me with and have a FCC or whatever it's called done. I asked can this all be done and forms filled out and returned to Workers Comp and my lawyer by March 7th.. She said no.. They are booked until April..
I asked if they bothered to read the Comp paper where it states those forms MUST be turned in by March 7th.. Said they don't care, they'll schedule when there is an opening in April or after....

Thanks for nothing..... guess we tell my lawyer that I've really had it and I want total settlement.. even closing out medical... My 90 days is up on Feb. 28th and I can't even get in to see the PA just for s**ts and giggles...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 65 7,194 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,686 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,651 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 2,590 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 4,650 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 1,783 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,236 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 4,886 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 5,175 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,217 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds