Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier....
Got a message from surgeon's secretary.. She says my lawyer never sent them by mail or fax the MMI paperwork. She also said that 99% of the time, the Comp Judge will go with what the IME states even though the surgeon says different.. Great... Part I hate is the IME doctor really didn't exam me or ask questions or look at scans etc.. This guy said there was nothing wrong with me at all..

(12-08-2017, 04:33 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Got a message from surgeon's secretary..  She says my lawyer never sent them by mail or fax the MMI paperwork.  She also said that 99% of the time, the Comp Judge will go with what the IME states even  though the surgeon says different..  Great...   Part I hate is the IME doctor really didn't exam me or ask questions or look at scans etc..   This guy said there was nothing wrong with me at all..

WowSad
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(02-17-2017, 07:09 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Well....  didn't go to the lawyer's office.. got a call he would not be there...   This is ticking me off too...   As it is, I just received another Comp hearing papers for Medical Bill Disputes and should my payments be suspended or reduced AGAIN....   They want all up to date reports on my mid to lower back.. which they have them all.   Only new paperwork will be when I finally see someone at the new Pain Management place....   The hearing is March 8th and of course, I have an appt. on the 23rd. for my lower back...  
I try telling these people that I can't force places to get me in... they can only schedule when there is an opening... and sometimes, I can get in to the place in 3 months.... no sooner.

As for putting in applications online, lawyer was suppose to send me paperwork for it and haven't even got that and I was told it was in the mail last week....    I don't want to have to get a 4th lawyer or law firm to handle this....   I have so many bills as it is from neck surgery, that I'll be seeing bill collectors real soon.

This is exactly why I never use attorney's. I can call my claim adjuster, her boss or the CHAIRMAN'S office faster then any counselor.
If I need a question answered I go to Avvo and ask away for free. They respond in 5 minutes.
I have been doing this so long, one of the Commissioners commented, I should go to law school. "You are getting more then what others are with counsel." 
Nobody knows they get mileage for every single WC appointment or RME? 

The assistant AG did not even know!
 I rattle off the statutes off a prepared paper and go in prepared,

The "job searches" is just them trying to wear you down. DO not give up.
I proved I was denied "light duty" where I worked many times and I took that to a hearing.
The Commissioner sanctioned the state agency I worked at and told the insurer to, "give her her full pay, she found work."
Over paid thieves if you ask me.
[color=#181818][size=small][font=Merriweather, Georgia, serif]The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively~[/font][/size][/color]

Got the Comp paper in the mail.... Question of Permanency hearing for January 3rd... 2 phone calls and a text message and I'm STILL waiting to hear back from my lawyer. Paperwork says they want the Form C-4.3 (doctor's report of mmi) and lawyer has NOT faxed or mailed it my surgeon... I'll be seeing my surgeon's P.A on Monday for my neck recheck and I will bring the MMI form plus the Comp paper and tell them... I need this done now...
50.00 none of it happens..

(12-15-2017, 05:06 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Got the Comp paper in the mail....  Question of Permanency hearing for January 3rd...    2 phone calls and a text message and I'm STILL waiting to hear back from my lawyer.   Paperwork says they want the Form C-4.3 (doctor's report of mmi) and lawyer has NOT faxed or mailed it my surgeon...  I'll be seeing my surgeon's P.A on Monday for my neck recheck and I will bring the MMI form plus the Comp paper and tell them... I need this done now...
50.00 none of it happens..

Stay on them in a polite way. 

I know 1171 mentioned closing out/ selling your medical if you have Medicare and so did I. I recommend discussing this with your attorney. Dealing with this just to get basic medical treatment, testing's etc is horrific.

I hope you have a good Christmas.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Yeah.. me and Steve have been starting to talk about that. The P.A put in for that shot between my spine and the right hip last month and no one has heard a word.. If nothing, then the lawyer is going to bring that up at the hearing. He's still harping on job hunting... I told him truthfully.. My husband was layed off work in August and can't find a job and he's healthy.. So what makes you think that someone with my lower back gone, neck surgery, in constant pain and can hardly walk will get a job before someone who is healthy??
I try to put them in for what I'm qualified for but when they see my restrictions, I'm told Liability, Can't accommodate, Not hire-able, etc... And I've put so many in that I'm trying for different positions and getting replies that they already have my application on file.
I do know that my surgeon has said that I'm not at MMI...

(12-16-2017, 03:02 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Yeah..  me and Steve have been starting to talk about that.  The P.A put in for that shot between my spine and the right hip last month and no one has heard a word.. If nothing, then the lawyer is going to bring that up at the hearing.  He's still harping on job hunting...  I told him truthfully..  My husband was layed off work in August and can't find a job and he's healthy..  So what makes you think that someone with my lower back gone, neck surgery, in constant pain and can hardly walk will get a job before someone who is healthy??
I try to put them in for what I'm qualified for but when they see my restrictions, I'm told Liability, Can't accommodate, Not hire-able, etc...  And I've put so many in that I'm trying for different positions and getting replies that they already have my application on file.
I do know that my surgeon has said that I'm not at MMI...

I would just do their song and dance with the job search so it does not give them a reason to screw with you more.

1171 knows a lot about Medicare set asides if you have questions and there is a lot of info on the internet. In my own personal opinion I would rather have the smallest Medicare set aside, because you are basically giving that money to Medicare, well using it yourself but I think you understand what I mean. Every situation is different and best to discuss with an attorney.

I hope you and your husband have a great Christmas.

Happy New Year all....   welcomed that sitting in my office chair in pain and really no sleep..

This Wednesday 3rd is my Comp Hearing...  Have a feeling it's going to be a stressful one too..   No word at all on that shot so the lawyer will have to bring that up.
Lower Back has been getting worse... last few weeks, it has felt as if someone has a pick or screwdriver jammed into my lower spine.  Hubby has been helping out of chairs and the bed.   I don't even want to leave the house unless it's necessary because of the numbness in my legs and the pain shooting to both hips now and that goes down both legs...
I'll let you know how the hearing goes...

ohh one more thing we've noticed.   Since I've been under major stress due to Comp, Carrier and my lawyer, I'm having major problems with my diabetes and blood pressure.  I'll be calling my family doctor in the morning and try to talk to her about this.   Also, when we go to the hearing, I will tell them that my health has to come first....

quick update... hearing has been put off til March 7th... E-Case was down State wide...

(01-03-2018, 04:51 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: quick update...  hearing has been put off til March 7th...   E-Case was down State wide...

Sorry for what you are going through. Stay strong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 11 804 12-22-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: kibby
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,274 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,146 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 1,950 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 3,792 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 1,497 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 2,707 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 4,061 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 4,410 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 3,647 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds