Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time-Loss Stopped - What Are My options?
Rolleyes 
So my self-insured employer stopped my time-loss a month ago, and I am still not medically cleared to work. That said, I am doing freelance work on the side to the level I normally would full-time. My injuries limit me from walking (much), squatting, etc. I can sit all day long, no problem. I should fix some of this legally, but it is technically all under my  solo business, though not paid as such.

Now here's where it gets tricky - I think even if the State issues an order to pay time loss, it'll be a few grand to cover what they stopped a month ago plus another month. But I was warned they're likely to appeal it just to be asshats. 

With no time loss, what are the differences between:
- Quitting job of injury
- Trying to get them to fail to get me to come back
- Trying to get to MMI and get a few grand from that even if I'm not getting time-loss (this could take 3-6 months.)

What's the impact of using social media (as normal) during all of this -- while not getting time loss?

Without knowing your final rating the difference between your time loss can't be computed.
You would not be eligible for any time loss after you quit.
The court would have to evaluate the medical evidence and make a ruling before any PD or time loss would be paid.
Work comp law does not bar a worker from Using social media
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-23-2017, 11:28 PM)1171 Wrote: Without knowing  your final rating the difference between your time loss can't be computed.
You would not be eligible for any time loss after you quit.
The court would have to evaluate the medical evidence and make a ruling before any PD or time loss would be paid.
Work  comp law does not bar a worker from Using social media

Assuming it's a 2-3 month fight for time loss, which by then my ratings will absolutely be 0. At most I'll have a psych rating but unless it's already been rated that won't be more than a 0 anyway.

My ultimate fear is getting to a point where my doctor has to release me to modified work when I'm working full-time from home already. That doesn't change I can't work 95% of jobs. I just found what I can do.

And my fear of social media is the impact it could make on my self-insured claims manager; if they see something I "worked on" or something else to question and be biased, that would hurt.

You should have already notified L&i of your other employment so time loss payments could be correctly calculated as gross income is used.
Your doctor also should have approved your return to your other employment.
http://www.lni.wa.gov/IPUB/207-085-000.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-24-2017, 12:19 PM)1171 Wrote: You should have already notified L&i of your other employment so time loss payments could be correctly calculated as gross income is used.
Your doctor also should have approved your return to your other employment.
http://www.lni.wa.gov/IPUB/207-085-000.pdf

I did; they could not verify all 12 months as employment because I mostly only have invoices, so they went with just the income from the retail job as the wage. Without paystubs, freelancers have only one real choice to get an apartment, a car, etc - hand over bank statements. And in this case, I won't.

Doctor hasn't approved me because I know my limits at home - but I can't really even go grocery shopping, to show how little walking I can handle (so an office job where I'm quote "sitting all day" could be exacerbating the pain. Taking me off all work is medically appropriate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does being fired for work restriction count as time loss? mwpdx86 3 2,166 03-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Running out of options SUPERTRUCKER 8 4,920 12-05-2014, 09:10 PM
  Immediate relief options????? Need Help brown7477 13 6,325 11-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Last Post: brown7477
Exclamation Work Comp stopped payments unbeleivable lack of knowledge rps 1 2,795 11-13-2014, 03:04 PM
  Insurance Co stopped talking Rebos 21 12,032 06-12-2014, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Rebos
  Me vs **no names please**-workcomp checks stopped again. lonestar_61530 4 6,480 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  FCE stopped due to pain, now TTD stopped constantpain 31 20,738 09-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Found to be at MMI & Benefits stopped kerrtxgjg 5 5,984 06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
  TTD stopped for a year, just started again constantpain 18 11,547 05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Last Post: constantpain
  Case Mgr stopped all medical care constantpain 8 7,272 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Last Post: constantpain