Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free books every month for children under age 5
Many workers struggle financially after a work related injury. Dolly Parton has a free program for all children to receive a free book every month in the mail until age 5. There is no catch. She just wants children to read and be able to have their own books. You can sign up here.

http://www.imaginationlibrary.com/

I also want to write that with the internet many people forget the importance of a live book. No matter what your income is there are always free books in the library, and also many free programs for children to attend including story time. You can also rent videos from the library.

I began taking my daughter to the library when she was a toddler. When she was able to pick out her own books it was like getting free toys every week for her. I believe this was the reason why she was able to read and write by age 4.

While the library is a great resource every child should own some of their own books. It is important as their favorite books will be read over and over many times.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

http://content.healthaffairs.org/content...act?=right

"Beyond Books: Public Libraries As Partners For Population Health

Public libraries are not usually included in discussions about improving population health. They are, however, well positioned to be partners in building a culture of health through programming that addresses the social determinants of health. The Healthy Library Initiative, a partnership between the University of Pennsylvania and the Free Library of Philadelphia (the public library system that serves the city), has undertaken such efforts in Philadelphia.

In this article we report findings from an assessment of how ten highly subscribed programs address the social determinants of health, as well as results of interviews with community residents and library staff. Of the 5.8 million in-person Free Library visits in 2015, 500,000 included attendance at specialized programs that addressed multiple health determinants, such as housing and literacy. Library staff provided intensive support to vulnerable populations including homeless people, people with mental illness and substance use, recent immigrants, and children and families suffering from trauma. We found that public libraries are trusted institutions that have broad population reach and untapped potential to improve population health."
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcoming Kids' Chance - Providing Scholarships to Children of Injured Workers admin 12 35,744 05-28-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: 456fdfvfg
  Pain mgmt appt move up a month ammowoman 4 2,005 04-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Last Post: ammowoman
  3 month primary visit bronco54501 10 4,085 03-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62
  'Free' Access pass for disabled individuals bodybuilder1958 1 1,792 05-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Thank God almighty, free at last!!! bodybuilder1958 3 1,989 12-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  free tomato seeds jayne 0 1,951 02-20-2011, 04:28 PM
  Trial on friend's death to start next month Bummer Knees 2 2,744 03-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Last Post: red1030
  8 month old granddaughter bodybuilder1958 5 3,037 02-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  I'm FREE backache 27 6,971 02-02-2010, 08:31 PM
  I wonder what God does in his free time? Wink 11 4,726 12-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Last Post: capricorn