• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third QME Visit next month(California)
I have private insurance but I was told that they wouldn't cover a work inury and I would need to lie to them and say it didn't happen on work time.
I just got a notice in the mail saying I have to show up for court in 2 weeks (That's not happening) and I haven't heard from my attorney. Still trying to find a different one to take over but nobody will call back

Let the court know you are trying to find a new atty.
[list=1]
****hint: read a few posts/use SEARCH before making your first post; include your state or complete the location field in your profile; start a NEW THREAD-don't hijack an existing one. Smile[/list]

Who told you, you would have to lie to private insurance to get treatment? You should not lie to private insurance about your injury as it can harm your WC case. Have to tried calling your private insurance and ask them if denied treatment through work comp is covered or is it covered after closing work comp case? Since Affordable Care Act many injured workers receive treatment for their work related injuries but the body part or treatment request is denied by work comp, or have settled their case. I suggest calling and asking.

You should show up for hearing and if attorney does not show ask the judge for continuance and state you are looking for an attorney.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(03-09-2017, 02:27 PM)California_Help Wrote: Who told you, you would have to lie to private insurance to get treatment? You should not lie to private insurance about your injury as it can harm your WC case. Have to tried calling your private insurance and ask them if denied treatment through work comp is covered or is it covered after closing work comp case? Since Affordable Care Act many injured workers receive treatment for their work related injuries but the body part or treatment request is denied by work comp, or have settled their case. I suggest calling and asking.

You should show up for hearing and if attorney does not show ask the judge for continuance and state you are looking for an attorney.
I don't have any money to show up for the hearing, all my money went towards visiting the QME in january, I'm tapped out. My PI attorney suggested I should not tell my private insurance it was a work accident so I can get coverage. I'll call my insurance and ask them, thanks!

(03-09-2017, 12:45 PM)1171 Wrote: Let the court know you are trying to find a new atty.

I will!

(03-13-2017, 09:09 AM)kibby Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 12:45 PM)1171 Wrote: Let the court know you are trying to find a new atty.

I will!

If you are still represented your attorney should show up. At this point I recommend calling an I&A officer if your attorney is non responsive and ask their advice. I do not recommend firing your current attorney until you hire another one since you are out of state. Maybe they can do the hearing via phone conference. I do not know very much about situations like this but get some advice before hearing date. Good luck!
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(03-17-2017, 01:46 PM)California_Help Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 09:09 AM)kibby Wrote:

I will!

If you are still represented your attorney should show up. At this point I recommend calling an I&A officer if your attorney is non responsive and ask their advice. I do not recommend firing your current attorney until you hire another one since you are out of state. Maybe they can do the hearing via phone conference. I do not know very much about situations like this but get some advice before hearing date. Good luck!

I appreciate the well wishes. 
The attorney called me from court today and said that the insurance company no longer has any money for the offer they gave about 2 months ago and that it would be going to the state. Also, the new QME report came in and it bumped a percentage up from 3% to 19% so they are going to Depo the doctor in May before they go belly up and send it to the state. Still waiting to here on PI case in regards to if I have a UMI (Under insured motorist) or not.

Looks like resolution will take awhile. Maybe the guarentee fund will be more willing to settle.
[list=1]
****hint: read a few posts/use SEARCH before making your first post; include your state or complete the location field in your profile; start a NEW THREAD-don't hijack an existing one. Smile[/list]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One month since injury....waiting Nellie 6 850 10-17-2016, 08:14 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  injured on job a month ago (NJ) ree62 3 2,132 09-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Just found out today they closed my case last month & I was not notified by anyone! Sunshine7 26 14,630 06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Last Post: angels72
  WC stopped my benefits.. surgery is next month firebird2286 4 3,305 05-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Last Post: firebird2286
  6 month recheck Babebahn 4 2,135 09-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Babebahn