Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCS
Hello all. 3 weeks post surgery on the l4-5 area the discs were going further and further out of line. He went in to only pull those two together (hardware and screws)and hopefully help with the walking. I woke up in hell with 2 skinny 20 years olds wanting me to get up and walk down the hall! Told em they were 2 little to pick this very big heifer up. Finally with my honeys help I stood up walked to the door turned around and walked to the chair in the room while they made up my bed.I really hate perky people all sunshine and daisies telling me I would fell a 100% better if I would allow them to bathe me. by this time I have been of the Zoloft long enough to tell them to leave my room before I made their lives a living hell. I don't do hospitals well. They brought in this ick they called dinner ( I wouldn't have fed it to pigs) Bill went to parnora bread and got me a turkey sandwich on cranberry bread Man was it good. I love my honey and God will reward him handsomely for putting up with me for so far 46 years. One thing they did right was to keep my icewater filled I go thru about 1 1/2 to 2 gallon of water every day. blech glad that's all over. at 3 weeks after surgery I can now control my bladder and walk with my handy dandy walker almost 50 yards without falling. is it a success who knows the good Dr said it could take up to 6 months to recover. And I am starting to not need so many pain meds during the day but staying up all night again. well you all take care I am gonna put my trust in the Dr and the Lord and plan a good size garden.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne, I hope this surgery helps with your pain and you recover quickly. Walking with walker several times a day will help. I had fusion at same level. What was an extreme help for me with post op pain was an ice machine that wrapped around my waist. I got it approved through work comp, but every state is different.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Jayne ole friend I did not know your were have another cervical surgery, I hope you are doing ok with this one. Would you do it over again if you knew what you know today. I would not. My two cervical surgeries have been enough for me. I hope I never have to have another one.
Preparing to have my SCS replaced on Jan 20. I sometimes question why I even put myself through all this crap. I have made a recent med change that has mace a big impact for me. So glad the med change is working and I hope to eliminate some meds after the SCS is replaced. Come Feb and March I should know more about eliminating some meds....
Hope all is well and Happy New Years
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED