Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disability overpaid my WC benefits...CA
While I was pending approval for my work comp claim - twice (for the same injury just different years) my disability insurance company claimed they over paid benefits to me before the benefits transfered to the work comp insurance company (transfer happened after QME Panel Report stated my injury was in fact industrial).

First injury just over $10k, second re-injury just over $7k. I asked disability to add the over payments to my claim as a lien. I just had my trial and am not sure the outcome yet but found out that my employer paid the disability company back and I didn't have either lien on file. I did confirm that my employer paid them. Can someone tell me why an employer would pay and if this is generally the way these things go? I was let go while out on leave so, I can't figure out why they paid.

Thank you!

Wink 
Well...I will pull this off the table hahaha...either this is just weird and no one really knows, or I am missing something obvious and asked a simple question that I should be able to find the answer to! LOL! Thanks for the views - but I think I'll just accept this gift and move on! One less bill to pay is fine with me!! Tongue

(10-02-2016, 01:25 PM)BB019 Wrote: While I was pending approval for my work comp claim - twice (for the same injury just different years) my disability insurance company claimed they over paid benefits to me before the benefits transfered to the work comp insurance company (transfer happened after QME Panel Report stated my injury was in fact industrial).

First injury just over $10k, second re-injury just over $7k. I asked disability to add the over payments to my claim as a lien. I just had my trial and am not sure the outcome yet but found out that my employer paid the disability company back and I didn't have either lien on file. I did confirm that my employer paid them. Can someone tell me why an employer would pay and if this is generally the way these things go? I was let go while out on leave so, I can't figure out why they paid.

Thank you!

It is common for an employer/IC to pay back EDD or private disability policy and deduct it from your settlement or PD. Check the numbers to make sure they add up and you were not shorted as it can happen where injured workers to get shorted payments owed and why the medical unit audits claims files randomly.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overpaid Workmans Comp- Can they take it back? Kaity8891 2 1,982 09-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  California-No disability benefits now defense wants to depo AME CRPS485 2 1,239 07-27-2016, 03:09 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Temporary disability benefits koshik 1 2,599 03-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Temporary Disability Benefits iwnsocalifornia 9 7,396 03-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Lilly
Cool W/C temprary disability benefits jimmyo1 2 2,519 10-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jimmyo1
  wc disability/social security disability coach 5 14,125 07-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  disability benefits question muttley 10 5,716 06-15-2008, 11:58 PM
Last Post: lfoster21