Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Hello There, Guest! Register

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRI ON CD DISC
09-28-2007, 11:15 AM,
MRI ON CD DISC
HI ALL,JUST HAD AN UPDATED MRI BUT IT IS ON A CD AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPEN THE FILE,I HAVE WINDOWS XP AND WANT TO VEIW THEM....CAN ANYONE HELP OR DOES THIS REQUIRE SPECIAL SOFTWARE......THANKS!!!!!
09-28-2007, 12:05 PM,
RE: MRI ON CD DISC
Hi Truckster!! Grundig is Our Resident Computer Pro, maybe You can send Him a PM, and have Your questions answered! I wish I could Help, but Computer Literacy isn't one of My strong suits!! I Hope You are Well, and You find the answers You need!!Wink
09-28-2007, 01:13 PM,
Hi Truckster,
The CD should have a built in program called "Film X DICOM LiteBox" and when you insert the CD, the program will usually automatically put the program on your desktop.

If it doesn't load onto your desktop automatically, go into "My Computer" and open up your CD Drive. All the files are listed. Find the one that says DICOM set up, or something similiar and open it up. You may have to install the program this way.

Once you have the program installed, Open up the program from your desktop icon. You may or may not have a small box pop up within the large box popup. If you do, click "ok" You will see two tabs on top of the large box. Open up the one that says "Directory Contents" then look to the bottom of the same screen and you will see "copy/send". The contents box next to "copy/send" will be empty. Click on the very next box to the right of the contents box which is search for a directory. Now find and open up the directory that your CD is in, i.e.: D or E. The directory box will change to whatever directory your CD is in. i.e.: D or E. Now hit the "copy/send" box and you will see the contents box change to C drive, with the file name of Dicom or Litebox or something like that. Don't change this. Hit the update button now and the contents of your CD will be exported to your desktop into the Film X DICOM LiteBox icon. This might take a few seconds depending on your computer.

That's it! You have saved the contents of the CD onto your computer drive C.

Now to view the contents of your MRI, open the icon on your desktop. Tab to the Directory Contents and you will see your MRI file listed. The top part will have your identifying info such as name, date of MRI. The bottom part will be segmented into the different types of images and the number of images in each segment. To view, click on one of the segments.

The buttons on the right panel control how you view or print the segments. You can play with them. The right arrow will move you to the "next" image. You can zoom in. You can view one, or more images at a time. It's really cool.

Also, from this point, you can send your MRI somewere else, print an image, or you can burn another copy of the CD.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much. Have fun!
Let Go, and Let God......
09-28-2007, 03:01 PM,
thanks limbo and chris,just about the time i left this post,i figured it out....but thanks for your responses....hope you are both doing ok today!!!!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TIP to view medical images on disc... 1171 5 2,825 07-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
Exclamation 20yo lumbar herniated disc and losing my mind Rojersca 15 4,068 06-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Manley2
Question pain coming back 6yrs after disc replacement RockyTopVFL 6 3,795 04-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62
  has anyone had thorasic disc surgery jayc123 2 1,864 06-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Last Post: jayc123
  Ruptured Disc trauma 6 5,863 04-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  disc damage and wc questions backpainfla 32 13,833 08-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Last Post: backpainfla
  scar tissue around disc area jstadfrntpn 16 11,588 03-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Gatekeeper
  Another Disc Problem Gatekeeper 2 2,642 02-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  unemployed and left with hernicated disc: Michigan kitsamina 2 6,091 08-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 21 25,139 05-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Last Post: highdesertguy